Hello,

I wanted to post this to see if others are experiencing the same issue as me. Before I begin let me post my specs:

Windows 10 64 bit

GTX 1070 SC

i7 6700 3.4Ghz

16 GB RAM

2 500GB SSDs

The issue that I'm having is that CPU usage is through the roof when playing this game and it causes a lot of stuttering which makes the game not enjoyable to play. This happens regardless of my game settings although changing everything to low made things slightly better, I still get a lot of stuttering inside and outside of the first town. 

I verified that all my temps are normal, my drivers are up to date and there are not a ton of processes running in the background.

I know it just released so there might be possible optimization issues I'm running into. 

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I'd really like to play the game but its hard with the performance at this point. 

On which store did you get the game, Epic or Microsoft? 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 7 months later...

I was suffering from stuttering and all-time 100% CPU usage.

As i suggest, the problem is related to the UE4 feature of world loading. The game might have the legacy of console optimisation with it's restricted amount of RAM. Every time you move around and turn the camera, the Engine loads and unloads the surroundings and LODs to/from RAM in order to do everything not to extend RAM load more than 4 Gb. This loads the CPU pretty much/ Current-gen PCs with 8+ Gigs of RAM have the opportunity to hold the surroundings in RAM without loading and unloading. This helped for me to get rid of the stuttering and all-time 100% CPU usage. Now the CPU loads to 100% only while loading new locations and there are micro-stutters. Other time CPU loads something about 60-90%. Still on Ultra.

This might be useful for all Unreal Engine 4 games:

-Locate Engine.INI (it might be different depending on your version of the game)

Windows %LOCALAPPDATA%\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
Microsoft Store %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
Steam Play (Linux) <Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/578650/pfx/

- Open the file with text editor and add following strings:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.MipMapLodBias=-1
r.ViewDistanceScale=5
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.25
foliage.LODDistanceScale=5

These commands force the engine to load the world further into the RAM, but this may be FPS-sensitive. 

You can play with these commands, as they are explained by the Link.