Break down at workbench or inventory?

So, I have the second unlock in engineering which gives me a chance to get a mod when I break something down. The thing is, I only get a notification of this chance when I do it from the inventory. Is it just implied in the workbench or am I better off doing it in inventory?

Thanks

I too found it obnoxious that neither the second tier upgrade to engineering nor Paravati's perk seemed to work at a workbench (Paravati's perk didn't display as a % chance in the displayed calculation for either) so you have to choose to either get more weapon parts at a bench (I think you do, anyway, never did immediate comparisons wearing my fancy engineer equipment) or have a chance at pulling mods off of weapons.

So far as I could tell you have no chance to pull mods off at a workbench, which seems kind of outrageous honestly. I could have gotten unlucky, but I had over a dozen weapons and armors and didn't pull a single mod off at a bench. Hopefully this is patched, and if Paravati's perk isn't working hopefully that's addressed and if it is working then hopefully it shows her % chance added to the players chance.

That said, I feel like I couldn't pull a number of mods because they were considered rare, so for those mods I guess I'd have needed the fourth tier engineering upgrade to have a chance at those IIRC. It would be awesome, if likely low priority, if the rarity of mods could be color coded so we could tell at a glance "one green dot and two blue, this is mostly rare mods" or what have you.

17 hours ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

So far as I could tell you have no chance to pull mods off at a workbench, which seems kind of outrageous honestly. I could have gotten unlucky, but I had over a dozen weapons and armors and didn't pull a single mod off at a bench.

So, I have pulled mods out at the bench. However, like you said, it seems very rare. The tooltip say it's a 20% chance but when I disassemble in inventory it puts the chance just over 40%. It seems whatever the bonus is, it's not given at the workbench.

However, I don't *think* the bench gives more parts. I did a couple tests of that too.

EDIT: I realized I was reading it wrong. It says: Enginerring 40:20% and a I thought it read 40.20%. So, not difference it seems

Edited by loudent2