Random Crashes to Desktop no crash errors

So,

While I'm playing the game the game with crash to desktop, no warning or notification of the crash the game will just close and I have to relaunch the game.

I am running the game through the Epic Games Store.

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X OCed to 3.8Ghz

GPU: 2x RX 580 8Gbs

RAM: 32Gbs of 3200Mhz

I close all applications before starting the game just to make sure nothing is running in the background but it still crashes randomly, I'm not getting crashes in the same exact places either, they appear to be random.

Edited by ryashon
  • Like 3

Same problem, can't even play the game because it consistently crashes anywhere from 20-60 seconds after getting out of the crashpod.  Updated drivers, no overlays, NOT gamepass version, and have tried various graphics settings.  I've had plenty of games with big bugs and instability, but never one that I absolutely could not play right out of the box like this.

I also have the 21:9 issues everyone else has.

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Windows 10, 16 gigs RAM, i7 at 4K, no overclocking, etc.

• Like 3

Is there an error in the Event Viewer? To check, open Start, type in "Event Viewer" and press Yes if User Activation Control asks you to. Once the next window loads, expand the "Windows Logs" entry in the left frame, and select "Application". On the right hand side, there will be a "Filter current log" option. Click that, then check the Critical, Error, and Warning checkboxes, then press okay.  You will see entries in the middle pane - are there any which coincide with the time of the crash?

Does running it in Fullscreen (not Borderless windowed) mode help? (Sounds stupid but I've had success depending on the problem...)

• Like 1

No obvious error messages.  Have definitely tried all the various graphics settings including fullscreen, windowed, etc.  Still can't play the damn game.  I've long been an Obsidian fan but not even being able to get through the opening sequence without crashing on a perfectly clean install is just too much.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem. I get about 45 minutes to an hour of gameplay then it just dumps me back to the desktop. This isn't the only game I have that does this though. I close as many background apps as I can and nothing is overclocked. All my drivers and my bios are completely up to date. I'm almost positive its a problem within windows itself.

Ryzen 7 3800x

EVGA RTX 2080

32gb ram @3600mhz

Windows 10 Home