Failure to download

The Outer Worlds is failing to download via either Epic Games Launcher or Windows Store (Game Pass download). Epic Games constantly starts download over, and if it does reach completion, it errors out and starts over. Windows store gets to 2GB and has an error.

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI x470 MB, 8GB RX470, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, fresh Windows 10 install with all updates. All drivers up to date.

I know this will sound patronising, and I don't intend it to be, but is there enough room on the drive? (I have had someone completely not notice that they were trying to install to a drive that doesn't have the room).

The Windows Store should give you a code if you (via the Xbox app) click on the download status once it has an error, and click "View error details" (or words to that effect). Any luck?

Failing that, do other games install to that drive? I wonder if there's some drive failure going on...

Edited by Dorgrin
SSD failure is an all or nothing thing, struckout the stupid part of my comment

Thank you for fielding this question, Dorgrin. If this helped you, zerisan, fantastic. If not, please send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

--Doug.