Thank you Obsidian for the portrayal of the people in this game

Considering Obsidian is known or at least was for *hard choices* this thank you may sound weird.

But especially in this time where we often only see each other and people of opposing views as *monsters* I'm glad there is a game where, even though it portrays corporatism to an extreme, everyone is still human. Everyone has their flaws. Everyone has their good sides. Everyone has reasons. It's a hard thing to write from your perspective, it's even harder to get in the mindset and analyze people you disagree with. To find out why they have their beliefs and hold to them.

Not everyone that agrees with you is a saint. Not everyone that disagrees is a monster. We'd do well to remember that. And most of all I'm glad to play a game where I'm allowed to be. Well, me.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 6

I agree. It shows extremes on both sides sometimes too. I like the fact the game doesn't have an outright "agenda". It just puts situations together, and lets you deal with them how you want. You are you, put into a deep and interesting world.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, daven said:

Haven't played yet, but i'm hoping I can be the boss of the corporation and make everyone work on minimum wage! MUAHAHAHA!

LOL.  I'm sorry, but the corps already do that.  You'll have to be more creative than that if you want to ever get promoted to management!

• Haha 1

There's a major character who is asexual. And it actually comes up in their plot as something that's important, that they discuss how it makes them feel, how their worried about it's impact on their relationships, etc.

Like holy ****, do you know how ****ing rare asexual representation is in games? And to actually be well written and important to the characters arc? I'm way beyond impressed.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 1:05 AM, Katarack21 said:

There's a major character who is asexual. And it actually comes up in their plot as something that's important, that they discuss how it makes them feel, how their worried about it's impact on their relationships, etc.

I know! I was surprised when that came up but it was so cool to see

Yeah, Obsidian did a great job with the characters in this game. Especially the party members, who I thought were all very well done. They all had personality and depth to them. It's nice to see when most games of this type usually just have companions are pack mules and little else.

Parvati in particular was extremely well done. It was a well written and handled storyline. Dealing with her preferences and how they affect a relationship without making it some huge song and dance (as opposed to setting up the date which was). lol

On 10/27/2019 at 8:05 AM, Katarack21 said:

Like holy ****, do you know how ****ing rare asexual representation is in games? And to actually be well written and important to the characters arc? I'm way beyond impressed.

Also liked it as we had player options in response that allowed us to share that we too were ace!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, C2B said:

everyone is still human. Everyone has their flaws. Everyone has their good sides. Everyone has reasons. It's a hard thing to write from your perspective, it's even harder to get in the mindset and analyze people you disagree with. To find out why they have their beliefs and hold to them.

Yeah, it is really good ain't it? Also nothing so far felt forced or artificial to me, which did happen in previos Obs titles from time to time.

The only "but" I would say, is that there always seems to be the "ultimate" way of solving major conflicts but:

1) I might just not seen the results of what I consider to be the best case scenario

2) It also might be my personal bias. After all, as Disco Elysium pointed out to me I am boring, sorry, and don't like to commit to any political ideologies, and want for everyone to get along.

• Haha 1