Loving the game but one complaint

Thanks for TOW, I'm really enjoying it, but sadly I have to admit one thing is just driving me potty and a lot of 'modern' games do it.

Could you please remove or give us an option to remove that stupid glowing halo around anything we can use or pick up.   There is really no need for this, it's like you are assuming the players are too dumb to figure things out themselves. its just handholding and silly

Apart from that, the game is superb but please remove it, it's very annoying.

Thank you

51 minutes ago, gamerfordecades said:

Thanks for TOW, I'm really enjoying it, but sadly I have to admit one thing is just driving me potty and a lot of 'modern' games do it.

Could you please remove or give us an option to remove that stupid glowing halo around anything we can use or pick up.   There is really no need for this, it's like you are assuming the players are too dumb to figure things out themselves. its just handholding and silly

Apart from that, the game is superb but please remove it, it's very annoying.

Thank you

You can turn it OFF in options. Take a closer look.

The interactive object highlight is kind of necessary, given the design of some of the clutter objects. There are plenty of non-interactive objects with a little blue or green light on them which commonly denotes interactivity but otherwise seems to be used just... to show that they like glowy LED strips on boxes and barrels I guess? Some of them might explode? Honestly I've completed my first run through the game and I couldn't reliably pick out every container in a room full of shelves of containers without either the highlight or walking up to it and pressing E. 

If I had to pick one thing that got on my nerves, it's that the maps have lines on them I'd expect to be gradient height maps indicating how tall a cliff face was, but they aren't that. They are apparently just decorative in some places, because I found several where I wanted to go on a "lip" of a cliff that didn't even exist, like the entire "inside one height" area was a variety of heights and in the most frustrating case there was a tunnel at the end of a canyon and none of that was even reflected on the map at all...

Edited by Clawdius_Talonious