I keep getting issues with dialogues: First, when starting a new one iwith an NPC t tends to lag. Sometimes it also lags a lot when next lines of dialogues are supposed to follow.

When skipping dialogues [space], the entire system bugs completely out, sometimes I get the massive lag mentioned above before the next line proceeds, then some stuttering of the entire engine, then again I get entirely stuck in a line of dialogue (I can only enable/disable the History and nothing else). Sometimes when I hit ESC and then resume, the previous line is repeated but then nothing proceeds with the current.

So: Skipping dialogue seems not to work at all. Even letting it run can be a rather laggy affair.

What's also annoying: When the game is stuck in this way it completely overlays the windows desktop, I can start the Task Manager, but cannot change to it to actually kill the game.

[I play on a Intel Xeon E3 with a GTX 1080 from a SSD, 16 GB RAM. Everything else runs pretty fine, so this is actually this game.]

edit: Just loaded a fresh game, went carefully (without touching anything and with giving it plenty of time to stream) through the Dialogue with Tobbson (the Cannary boss), got some dialogue-lags but that aside went through and right at the end on [leave conversation]... crash to desktop. I do like the game so far, but it seems pretty unplayable right now.

Edited by Silverdragon

This is a complete mess: started fresh, loaded game, ran around for a minute, hit E for talking to a NPC, then he's stuck in a pre-dialogue-animation for long time. Hitting ALT+F4 does nothing, trying to hammer CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to get the task manager to show, the game overlays it. Lots of frustration ensues where I try to ALT+TAB, attempt to task-manager around to get the screen to minimise. All the while the game only shows the black screen with "AMD Ryzen/Radeon" for a long time.

THEN the first line of dialogue is heard but nothing else and the black screen with "AMD Ryzen/Radeon" is still on and nothing else. 

Then I killed it by hitting the WIN-key and logged off my windows user.

Edited by Silverdragon

I have this problem too. When the NPC is staring at me waiting to speak, I found that opening settings and changing any video setting at all, up or down, prompts the conversation to move forward again. For awhile. Then I go back in and have to adjust it again. I basically keep bumping one of the top few graphical settings up and down over the course of a session to keep the conversations moving. It is incredibly bizarre, but not as bizarre as being stared down by an NPC for a minute before they respond to you.

XBox Live PC version here.

EDIT:

Think it is resolved now. Uninstalled the game, installed all windows updates including optionals, and reinstalled the game through xbox live app. No audio pausing now. I'd have replied to this thread instead, but apparently this forum limits you to a handful of posts per day, for whatever stupid reason.

Edited by mharmless

I found that opening settings and changing any video setting at all, up or down, prompts the conversation to move forward again. 

If you are stuck "one line back" it sometimes works to just go into the menu, then back into the dialogue and it goes on. If that works it does exactly once and not in all cases.

[But I also have the suspicion that the game keeps trying to load the dialogue during the time I'm in the menu and then goes on after leaving the menu, so that could only be "a fix by pure coincidence". But this did work several times, so it might actually be something one can attempt to use for unstucking a dialogue.]

Hello, Silverdragon.

I'm sorry you've experienced these crashes and dialogue issues. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

--Doug.