Eating/Drinking/sleeping in normal mode

So love the game so far. But im abit of a crazy person that loves the ide of eating sleeping ect in games.

I was happy to see it was a thing in OW but was sad to see it locked behind its hardest difficulty. And the harsh nature about not being able to save or rest anywhere but you're ship made the game abit to dull and boring having to run back to my ship all the time.

Is there anyway to enable the "survival" part of the game in the other difficulty modes?

Sorry if my english is abit on the bad side.

Edited by Talio
Tags
  • Thanks 2

I love survival mechanics in rpgs, but supernova forces too many things I don't like as well.

I played for a bit and came to the conclusion that though I can still enjoy the game without romances or crafting ( two things I really ship 😛 ) I'd rather pass on continuing until we get a custom difficulty setting. I hope it comes and I hope it comes soon

Eating, drinking, and sleeping are role-play options.  They should not be hidden behind a difficulty level.  Right now I'm trying to play in Supernova mode, but the combat difficulty is taking the fun out of it.  I may have to give up the RP elements in order to play the game, but that would be very disappointing.

• Thanks 1

I also love the roleplaying options on supernova level but the sheer difficulty of the game at this level makes the game no fun to play and don't get me started on how easily companions  die, I've already had to lower the level to hard. 

It would be excellent if eating etc could be added to the other levels if you wished.

I'm begging please add this option!

They just need to add "savegame" in game item of some sort, to supernova. Or allow us to savegame in "safe zones" like towns or near beds.  I'm on monarch atm, and teleporting back after killing every single pack of enemies is getting really boring. Especially since your dumb companions is dying so fast. So game basically forcing you to play solo+lonewolf perks, instead of having party.

Edited by stiven

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

43 minutes ago, stiven said:

They just need to add "savegame" in game item of some sort, to supernova. Or allow us to savegame in "safe zones" like towns or near beds.  I'm on monarch atm, and teleporting back after killing every single pack of enemies is getting really boring. Especially since your dumb companions is dying so fast. So game basically forcing you to play solo+lonewolf perks, instead of having party.

You can transition between areas to generate an autosave, but that is definitely not really a solution.

I'm playing the Microsoft Xbox Game Pass version so I can't mod my game, but one of the first "mods" for the game adds options to Supernova that let you fast travel if you wanted or save anywhere. https://www.nexusmods.com/theouterworlds/mods/8?tab=description

Mind you this really just seems to be .ini changes from how it reads, so applying needs to lower difficulty levels isn't on the table at the moment. Personally what I find most frustrating about Supernova is that the combat isn't really very difficult, your companions just die like they're made of paper and wear cheesecloth armor. There's a difficulty increase, but for the player it's far more manageable than the companions who die like it's going out of style. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

Supernova is that the combat isn't really very difficult, your companions just die like they're made of paper and wear cheesecloth armor. There's a difficulty increase, but for the player it's far more manageable than the companions who die like it's going out of style. 

Yes indeed, even if they wear best available armor, have perk +30% hp, and you have 50 points in Leadership - they still dying very very fast if you not micromanaging them. Personally, i order them to stay away while I snipe enemies and then we all run away, after picking up few enemies from the pack, regen and repeat. But it is still so unreliable, and feels like leading physically and mentally challenged children through minefield. I guess, maybe, if you pump your Leadership up to 100, companions would become less prone to die. But i doubt.

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

I came here to post about the exact same thing.

I love this game but on this point it has the same failing that most other open world RPG have been having these last years, developers are confusing the people who like to role play at living in the world with the people who like challenges.

Eating, sleeping and not fast traveling everywhere  are not really an added challenge to be honest, except very early on, and many players find it an annoyance more than a challenge anyway in terms of enjoyment.

Those things appeal to "life role playing" gamers and in that category you have both players who are more interested in the story and the choices and those who like a challenge and hard combat.

So ideally the role playing elements should be separated from the difficulty to really be ideal for everyone.

Luckily as someone pointed above mods are already here to make things more to our liking, I just hope the devs will take this into account for the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...