PLEASE Fix The Holstering!

Let me start by saying that I am loving TOW so far and this is by no means a deal breaker for me.

Having said that, it is driving me CRAZY that every time I talk to someone I pull out my currently equipped weapon and shove it in their face every single time I press the interact button (X on Xbox).

This is driving me absolutely CRAZY!

PLEASE, Obsidian, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE fix this immersion breaking oversight! The fix is so simple! Please just give us the option of having to hold the interact/reload button to holster/un-holster instead of just tapping it. That would fix the problem COMPLETELY!

Thanks in advance!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

"Too much of the animal disfigures the civilized human being, too much culture makes a sick animal."

Heh, noticed the same thing for me on the PS4 version.  I went to talk to my companion and suddenly gun's pointed right in their face.

Minor thing, but yeah, hopefully it gets fixed.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Does this matter at any point? It seems like something that one would reasonably expect NPCs to react to at some point. I only noticed this after stomping around the area before the first town and now I'm not sure if I should wait for a fix because of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grooner said:

Also on transitioning areas it unholsters

Right, so far I’ve noticed that it does this when attempting to talk to NPCs, transitioning areas, and interacting with objects (first noticed it when using the elevator in the Saltuna Cannery).

I’m not sure if NPCs ever react to drawing your gun, but assume they may. Beyond that, having to constantly re-holster my weapon is driving me bonkers.

Anytime you talk to someone who does not have an actual dialog, or open a door or click on anything with the X button on an Xbox one controller or the Square button on a playstation controller, Your gun gets Un-holstered and it's breaking my immersion along with annoying the hell out of me. It's using the same holster/unholster button as the interact button, and it's REALLY REALLY annoying. This needs to be fixed, or at least let us change the controller keys. The Keyboard and mouse are fine, but i prefer to play games with my Xbox one controller on PC along with 80% of most people on PC. Fix this Please.

- Everyone

• Like 2

Anytime you talk to someone who does not have an actual dialog, or open a door or click on anything with the X button on an Xbox one controller or the Square button on a playstation controller, Your gun gets Un-holstered and it's breaking my immersion along with annoying the hell out of me. It's using the same holster/unholster button as the interact button, and it's REALLY REALLY annoying. This needs to be fixed, or at least let us change the controller keys. The Keyboard and mouse are fine, but i prefer to play games with my Xbox one controller on PC along with 80% of most people on PC. Fix this Please.

- Everyone

I was really hoping a Dev or Community manager would have responded to this and at least acknowledged that it was a known issue. It's really breaking the immersion for me and i am thinking about pausing my playthrough until it gets fixed; if it ever gets fixed.