Which deities endorse human sacrifice?

i finished poe1 . and i know that the deities were created by kith sacrifice. but im talking about the post-creation of the gods era . if the spoilers are not from poe1 , but from deadfire, please text  the Spoiler Alert !  😕

Edited by nouser

Eothas sucks the souls out of all living beings around him in order to operate the Giant's body he inhabitates.

Woedica sucks the souls out of unborn children in order to gain more power. In the process also soul essence of followers is consumed to operate the machinery.

As Huana murals depict they gave themselves to the gods for different purposes.

All the gods feed on essence siphoned from the souls of the deceased through the Wheel. Although that's only dribbles so I guess that's not really the sort of sacrifice we are looking at here.

Skaen uses mortals to send an Avatar of him called the Effigy. The mortal is consumed in the process.

All gods have their godlikes which are essentially just essence batteries for them: should there be the need a god can consume his godlikes and gain their essence.

The whole island of SSS and especially the arena are one big sacrificing device.

Even the most benevolent of the gods (Eothas, Hylea) do sacrifice kith when they think that the end justifies the means. And it's not only their mortal lives - it's their (kind of) immortal soul (see Awakening - usually the soul stays mostly intact and some people can even remember their past lives). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 10/26/2019 at 1:01 AM, Boeroer said:
Spoiler

All gods have their godlikes which are essentially just essence batteries for them: should there be the need a god can consume his godlikes and gain their essence.

That was the main one I was thinking of.

Spoiler

The only difference between the gods appears to be just how eagerly they are willing to sacrifice their godlikes for their own purposes. Magran - doesn't give a crap. Hylea - gives a little more crap, but is still willing to trigger it if need be.

Also kind of sours the whole relationship between godlike companions and their gods; what point is it if Ondra cares about Tekehu or Hylea tries to console Pallegina (poe1 mainly) if all of them are willing to sacrifice them for the "Greater Good." (Does Vatnir have any reactivity with Rymrgand? I forget)

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1