Supernova difficulty, save on quit, sleeping

Hello!

so far, love the game!

but two things bug me -

one is the fact that the game doesn't seem to save on quit. Which is really annoying, if I have to stop playing in a hurry and don't have time to go back to the ship, I loose progress.

*spoilers*

second is in the beginning with sleeping - my quarters on the ship is closed because I don't have the regulator yet. I cannot seem to rent a room somewhere or sleep anywhere so I have to rush this quest which I don't want to do. I mean is it really more important to sleep in my own bed than to stay alive and healthy?

cheers!

Hi,

I am a bit disappointed with Supernova difficulty.

This is mainly because we cannot choose with options we do want from it.

Not being able to save a game at a time I want is a no go for me.

Additionally, if I would like to switch to Hard for this time, I won't be able to switch it back afterwards.

The same is with POE2 and POTD difficulty. You have to use mods to be able to switch it on again and I think it is only because of Achievements.

Why not make it switchable to player get what they want and switch off everything else? It is quite easy to do.

Maybe somebody already went through .cfg files and it is possible to somehow configure it there?

Edited by fxluk

That is the main reason here. I would like to choose what is a survival mode for me, so why not make it toggleable?

If you are pleased with all the changes there, sure why not, keep with it.

For the rest of us who would like only some feature on and other off, there should be a way to do it.

Easy at it is. Play it like you want.

Dishonored 2 comes to mind. You can select "your own difficulty" and everything is configurable and you can change it at any point of the game.

I cant see why it could not be implemented like this in Outer Worlds.

Edited by fxluk

Lack of saving at will is really dumb choice to begin with. They wasted their time to make open worlds game and then they ruined it by not letting player to save. Even in FO4 you can save at any bed, but there you need to jump back to your ship. Kill one pack of enemies - teleport back to save - kill another - teleport back to save, find cool location - to hell with that im teleportation back to save and not lost my progress because everything killing you or your dumb companion in one hit. Rally "smart" game play choice. If not for hardcore part of it, lifted from new vegas, there would be zero reason to play on this difficulty. But i guess it our live now - killing one creep and then teleporting back to save.

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

20 hours ago, mspaetauf said:

the beginning with sleeping - my quarters on the ship is closed because I don't have the regulator yet. I cannot seem to rent a room somewhere or sleep anywhere so I have to rush this quest which I don't want to do. I mean is it really more important to sleep in my own bed than to stay alive and healthy?

There's a cot in the cargo room where you can sleep.

I agree on the save on quit - even if it immediately deleted the save after loading, it's important for a game to have a "quick exit" option when real life calls. 

I also would like to see a change in the way the "companions can die" element is handled on Supernova  - give them a bleed-out timer, or, since their corpse seems to be persistent, let us heft them on our shoulders and slow-walk our way back to the ship to use the magic of technology to bring them back, maybe at a hefty cost. An incentive to keep them alive, and guard them during combat, but not just a "sigh - Havarti just ran up to another group of Primals while I was running away and started swinging, time to reload" sort of deal.