What is being done about torrents?

Just A Fan 0001

Hello Obsidian guys.

I got a link from a friend where i could download YOUR game for free.

I was wondering if you guys at Obsidian can do something about this or maybe you can’t for whatever reason.

It seemed unfair to me that your hard work is being handed out for free against your will.

Oh also I am buying the game ofc ;)

Hoping for a response!

Hello, just a friendly reminder that we have a zero tolerance policy on piracy, so. Hypothetically you couldn't even say what site you hypothetically used to hypothetically torrent the game. We would can the thread immediately.

(a game that you could get for 3 $ with a Game Pass account, yes)

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The thing about Game pass is that once DLC gets released in 6 months you have to come back and pay full price, and it all snowballs from there really.  It's not a "wow it's $3" thing because you are going to be cancelling and uncancelling your credit card subscription every time you want to play with DLC and they get you that way.  Which is why I bought it straight up

On 10/25/2019 at 1:36 AM, Just A Fan 0001 said:

Hello Obsidian guys.

I got a link from a friend where i could download YOUR game for free.

I was wondering if you guys at Obsidian can do something about this or maybe you can’t for whatever reason.

It seemed unfair to me that your hard work is being handed out for free against your will.

Oh also I am buying the game ofc ;)

Hoping for a response!

Thanks Just A Fan! Whenever you see piracy of TOW, please do follow-up here as one way you can privately share as well: https://privatedivisionsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

On 10/29/2019 at 3:01 AM, Urthor said:

The thing about Game pass is that once DLC gets released in 6 months you have to come back and pay full price, and it all snowballs from there really.  It's not a "wow it's $3" thing because you are going to be cancelling and uncancelling your credit card subscription every time you want to play with DLC and they get you that way.  Which is why I bought it straight up

Or Pay 1 pound for initial playthrough, and buy the game with extra content for subsequent playthroughs once it releases on platform I am willing to own it on. 

• Like 2

I'm afraid there's nothing they can do once the game is cracked and released. You can send takedown requests to individual torrent sites, but they're usually not really cooperative.

The only thing we can do is spread the love and tell people the game is absolutely worth spending money on. Especially when the Game Pass is around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, algroth said:

GamePass is only available on Xbox and Win 10 though.

With Win 10 being offered for free, and it being way better than 8 and comparable stability-wise to 7, it seems odd that people haven't upgraded. 

• Like 1

Microsoft don't openly advertise it, so I don't find it all that surprising. But yeah, for those voluntarily sticking with Win7, end-of-support in January is coming, so regardless of how you feel about Win10, it's rather inadvisable to stay much longer.

The other reason someone might not be able to upgrade though is that if their existing copy of Windows is *ahem* not entirely legitimate. In that case, one can hardly express surprise that they're happy to not pay for TOW either. 😛

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

12 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

With Win 10 being offered for free, and it being way better than 8 and comparable stability-wise to 7, it seems odd that people haven't upgraded. 

Win 10 is only free for some though*. OEM or upgrade versions of previous OS versions haven't got free upgrades for... 3 years or so? Retail win7 still being eligible also isn't advertised so you have to know about it and, the objection might not be to upgrading to win10 but having to install it at all, ie Linux users who iirc have zero chance of running UWP games but can often run standard windows games via WINE or whatever.

*I'd suspect most people could get a free upgrade to or purchase of win10 legitimately with the right advice on how to do it, but most also won't get that advice.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 8:24 AM, Humanoid said:

Microsoft don't openly advertise it, so I don't find it all that surprising. But yeah, for those voluntarily sticking with Win7, end-of-support in January is coming, so regardless of how you feel about Win10, it's rather inadvisable to stay much longer.

The other reason someone might not be able to upgrade though is that if their existing copy of Windows is *ahem* not entirely legitimate. In that case, one can hardly express surprise that they're happy to not pay for TOW either. 😛

You forgot the third reason. The over the top telemetry ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours