Weiser_Cain's Concepts

This stuff is horrid and whoever made it should have his fingers broken.

Thank you for your opinion and you're welcome to try.

If you're doing it for other people to enjoy, well... repeating some theme like that that doesn't have any (universal)character to it is going to hit a brick wall with anyone that doesn't care for that theme. It's really not a matter of if it's possible, it's if it's plausible and seems like something that WOULD happen - COULD happen is fine, sure. Think about it this way: if luke or darth vader had gotten their missing hands replaced by lightsabers, would that have the same character as if they both just had normal cybernetic hands? No. That would reek of a kid who reads too many crappy (in some people's opinions) comic books - that's what he has a problem with. Not you drawing it, not in the sense you take it. It would honestly feel false and forced by someone's fanaticism for cybernetic stuff, and that's what he's criticizing. It's an expression of what he thinks - if you took it the way it were intended, there'd be nothing there to hurt you in it. He really isn't criticizing you in the way you think he is.

And believe me the problem isn't that it's a foreign idea - but rather that it's been done too much. As he said about anime and such, well... I'll let HIS talking do the rest.

What is starwars if not a repeating series of themes? Maybe I do have a fascination with cybernetics(I do). Maybe that doesn't sit well with everybody, but no one can please everybody. I can only approach(unpaid) starwars from the aspects I like in it and trust that enough people like me are on board. I've done three starwars characters as cyborgs one of them is a joke, one of them unwillingly has a significant portion of her body replaced, and the other is Canderous. Considering how many jedi characters I've come up with though this hardly seems excessive or a repeating theme. No one ever said to Asimov 'hey. you wanna' lay off the robots.' It's not as if I can't come up with something else.

No you just made Juhani a man.

*chokes back retort*

Youve made 3 cyborgs! God what are you 15? Grow up. Or go watch the bionic man.  I liked that when I was a kid too.

Just because the rules allow something doesnt mean its 1. kewl. 2. Something a lot of characters should experience.

You call me a kid yet continue to spell cool like that?

Bionic man sucked

Three out of twenty or so characters isn't everybody, and nothing I've seen in starwars to date has suggested that cybernetics are especially rare. It's not like dual lightsabers or sith tattoo's...

Unfortunately I have seen plenty of anime. Why else would I be tired of the gun arm/cyborg s***.  90% of anime sucks. Its incredibly childish.

90% of anything sucks. I think you're watching anime intended for children my experience has been markedly diffrent.

Now if hes just holding a big stupid gun that goes up to his elbow thus limiting his ability to fire whithout pivoting his entire body that is different. But theres many good reasons no intelligent soldier would be using such a weapon unless it was the only way to bring in heavy enough firepower to a certain situation. I would love to see him try to fight in close quarters with that stupid thing. Or get involved in a situation that requires the dextral manipulation of two hands requiring him to drop this big stupid unrealistic weaponry. If Mira can have a rocket launcher on her wrist why would Canderous need a big, stupid, limiting weapon like that.... Unless he's overcompensating for something. Ill buy the bionic eye grudgingly since Canderous strikes me as the kind of guy that would get one to help him in combat. Im sure itd offer bonuses to finding traps and such. But the gun is dumb and always will be.

Hmm maybe you've got a point, I'll ask Canderous(in my head).

Me: Hey canderous what would you do if you found yourself in a Hallway firefight?

Candy: First Don't call me candy, second, neither I nor Revan would ever put me in that position...

Me: Yeah...

Canderous: I'm assuming I've been seperated from my basilisk and I had no back up?

Me: That's the plan.

Canderous: I'd blowup the hallway.

So there you have it. just between you and me this is from the guy that said the way to find a needle in a hay stack was to burn down the hay stack...

I dont mean to insult your drawing ability. Heavens knows I struggle with stick figures which is why I think you should get away from this cartoonish drawing and try and draw some less comic book themed pictures. If you have talent why use it in the most degrading possible way?  I think Mira using a wrist mounted rocket launcher is much kewler and a much smarter weapon for a character to use.

What are you some sort of art snob? There's nothing wrong or low about comic art!

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

What is starwars if not a repeating series of themes? Maybe I do have a fascination with cybernetics(I do). Maybe that doesn't sit well with everybody, but no one can please everybody. I can only approach(unpaid) starwars from the aspects I like in it and trust that enough people like me are on board. I've done three starwars characters as cyborgs one of them is a joke, one of them unwillingly has a significant portion of her body replaced, and the other is Canderous. Considering how many jedi characters I've come up with though this hardly seems excessive or a repeating theme. No one ever said to Asimov 'hey. you wanna' lay off the robots.' It's not as if I can't come up with something else.

If SW is not a repeating series of theme why all the cybernetics? There are other more cyberpunk fantasy settings better suited to such things.

Asimov wasn't that great first of all. Second I didn't say "cybernetics=always a bad idea." Also I have nothing against star wars droids(which is closer to your analogy of robots. Which is very different from cybernetics. :o Also Asimov was not an artist. He was an author. If youre canderous was set in some different futuristic world and was some sort of cybernetically enhanced soldier thats one thing but it doesnt mesh as well with star wars.

No you just made Juhani a man.

*chokes back retort*

Good job. It was just a snide comment directed at your first picture of Juhani with way too broad shoulders and an impossibly skinny waist.

You call me a kid yet continue to spell cool like that?

Bionic man sucked

Three out of twenty or so characters isn't everybody, and nothing I've seen in starwars to date has suggested that cybernetics are especially rare. It's not like dual lightsabers or sith tattoo's...

Kewl is just what I do online. I don't turn in term papers with such spellings. This is the internet buddy. Maybe you noticed my name lacks an a? It means nothing. I havent attacked your spelling or typing or anything so let's refrain from such silliness. Dual lightsabers and Sith tattoos are far more palatable than cyberpunk SW abominations. :huh: They also make more sense in SW. Cybernetic limbs are a minor part of star wars. Luke gets a bionic arm because Luke is supposed to be a mirror of his father Vader who makes the right choice at the end (when the emperor wants him to strike Vader down) whereas Vader doesn't. It was just supposed to be a way to draw similarities between himself and his father as he walked the path of the force and was tempted by the dark side.

Three out of 20 in the SW universe is a hell of a lot. Ive never come up with 1. Its not an argument on is 3 a low number out of 20 its how many people would have such cyborg like features in the SW universe which is not many.

90% of anything sucks. I think you're watching anime intended for children my experience has been markedly diffrent.

Wow even I am not THAT jaded. :lol: 90% of everything sucks. :o Wow. You assume way too much. Ive seen a ton of anime works. Why dont you suggest a few for me to see? Maybe Ill change my mind. Oh and what anime is aimed at children??? HEHEH Sailor moon? Im not watching sailor moon. :p

Me: Hey canderous what would you do if you found yourself in a Hallway firefight?

Candy: First Don't call me candy, second, neither I nor Revan would ever put me in that position...

Canderous: I'm assuming I've been seperated from my basilisk and I had no back up?

So there you have it. just between you and me this is from the guy that said the way to find a needle in a hay stack was to burn down the hay stack...

Oh there's a time and a place for massive firepower. My point was who needs a big dumb piece of crap for a weapon when there are wrist mounted rocket launchers???? As for getting into hallway fights I think there were about 100 different times Canderous and I got into firefights in close quarters. :( Its not something you plan you know. Its not always possible to simply obliterate things to accomplish your objectives. Let's also remember Revan destroyed every Basilisk war droid. Canderous is not ever getting that back.

By the way your conversation with Canderous is pretty childish. ;) You manage to make Canderous sound like an idiot. Am I separated from my basillisk war droid which would be useless in such a situation? :)

What are you some sort of art snob? There's nothing wrong or low about comic art!

HEHEHE Me an art snob?! No Im not even close. I also LIKE comic book art. But not comic book art where every woman wears a thong or spandex and all the men are big muscle bound brutes which enormous weapons overcompensating for the artists own sense of inferiority. :p

Ok so sex is pretty good most of the time.

I gave Canderous a basilisk because I want one, say he built one or that he repaired one at new revan's request, I don't really care. I want one!

If no one got cybernetic implants why was it so easy for Luke to get them? I'm loath to say this but maybe I know more about starwars than you do, since I glanced through the core rule set a couple of times.

...not comic book art where every woman wears a thong or spandex and all the men are big muscle bound brutes which enormous weapons overcompensating for the artists own sense of inferiority.

*GASP* You know my secret(s)!

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

It's interesting, on-line everyone talks as though they've had sex. It's like when you go to a middle school dance and see twelve-year-old boys grinding their crotches against some girls' behinds.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It's interesting, on-line everyone talks as though they've had sex. It's like when you go to a middle school dance and see twelve-year-old boys grinding their crotches against some girls' behinds.

You can't beat a good crotch rub... damn I'm lonely. <_<

I'm glad that particular image does so much for you.

I just wish that this were an 18+ forum sometimes.

Sorry if you didn't notice the dripping sarcasm :unsure:

I'm part of the 18+ group by the way. Don't assume I'm young just because I act immature.

Damn I wish that were limited to just middle school! :unsure:

Ok so sex is pretty good most of the time.

I gave Canderous a basilisk because I want one, say he built one or that he repaired one at new revan's request, I don't really care. I want one!

If no one got cybernetic implants why was it so easy for Luke to get them? I'm loath to say this but maybe I know more about starwars than you do, since I glanced through the core rule set a couple of times.

...not comic book art where every woman wears a thong or spandex and all the men are big muscle bound brutes which enormous weapons overcompensating for the artists own sense of inferiority.

*GASP* You know my secret(s)!

All I will say is the core rule set is hardly SW. And I think you are missing the point about luke. I dont think bionics are "rare" in the sense their impossible to get. We almost have mechanical limbs and SW is much more advanced. But rare in the sense basically no one gets bionic eyes implanted in them regularly or attach guns to their arms.

What is Canderous Barret from FF7 now? Though his wasnt nearly as big. Really my biggest argument is who needs a gun that big and unwieldy when other characters can fire ROCKETS! from something so small and recoilless they wear it on their wrist! Just because it kind of looks kewl doesnt mean its a good idea. It kind of makes me think of Clouds Buster Sword in FF7 which was as big as him! I laughed everytime I saw him wielding it. It did not inspire fear. Likewise if I saw Canderous looking like that Id laugh too.

And yes I do know your secret. :unsure:

Ahh, here's how I shoulda put it: (though I'm sort of expecting you to get real defensive again)

Your artwork isn't anything special. I've seen comparable work all over the internet. It's neat that you share, but if people no like - what the heck does it matter to you? You're having fun, and maybe some people will have fun with you toying with the same idea. Honestly, that's what any artist does, no matter how good or bad. Did you know that tolkien didn't expect his first book to be read, much less enjoyed, by only a handful of people, IF that? Where is he today?

The One Ring in LOTR has meaning to it; lightsabers and the jedi have meaning to them in star wars; Asimov's robots had LOTS of and all SORTS of meaning to them. Cybernetics in the waywe're talking on this forum, err... not really any meaning, in this case. The only "meaning" behind it has nothing to do with KotOR, the story or the characters.

Anyway... I really encourage the drawing, but if you're just doing it for your own fascination with cyborg gun arms, realize you're going to run into a brick wall with people who don't care about it. (in other words, brush it off when people complain about your work being contrived. People tend to think everything is contrived that they don't like, anyway)

MY GOD ALL MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS LAID BARE!!! WELL AT LEAST THEY DON'T KNOW I'M A LITTLE OVERWEIGHT...WAIT! WHY DID I JUST TYPE THAT?!? OH GOD!!!

For the last time I didn't attatch a gun to Canderous' arm(though I could), He's holding it. He has a gun that big because I gave him a gun that big. Why not slap wrist-mounted flamethrowers on since it worked so well for Boba? The reason he doesn't use wrist-mounted rockets is because he's a diffrent character.

I'm actually just doing what I want to do for the most part, what I think is cool (thanks by the way for not picking on my spelling), that's why I didn't put it in suggestions.

Constructive criticism like 'his head is too small' or 'his arms are too long' or 'that's humanly impossible' is great. Even comming in and saying 'this is stupid and you are stupid and here's why', is fine. But once I make it clear I'm not changing something just stop. So let me make it clear The big stupid gun stays! Some version of the arm stays! The eye stays! The basilisk stays provided I can pull it off and Juhani is not a man!

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

My criticism: Your anatomy and proportion need work, but your concepts and details are quite nice.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ahh, here's how I shoulda put it: (though I'm sort of expecting you to get real defensive again)

Your artwork isn't anything special. I've seen comparable work all over the internet. It's neat that you share, but if people no like - what the heck does it matter to you? You're having fun, and maybe some people will have fun with you toying with the same idea. Honestly, that's what any artist does, no matter how good or bad. Did you know that tolkien didn't expect his first book to be read, much less enjoyed, by only a handful of people, IF that? Where is he today?

The One Ring in LOTR has meaning to it; lightsabers and the jedi have meaning to them in star wars; Asimov's robots had LOTS of and all SORTS of meaning to them. Cybernetics in the waywe're talking on this forum, err... not really any meaning, in this case. The only "meaning" behind it has nothing to do with KotOR, the story or the characters.

Anyway... I really encourage the drawing, but if you're just doing it for your own fascination with cyborg gun arms, realize you're going to run into a brick wall with people who don't care about it. (in other words, brush it off when people complain about your work being contrived. People tend to think everything is contrived that they don't like, anyway)

I think you summed it all up well. As for the last part I am not against cyborgs and such though anytime I see a ridiculously enormous gun on a human Im going to laugh. But like you said having that in SW is just weird. It just doesnt fit well with the universe. As I said before though there are other quite enjoyable fantasy/scifi settings where such things as cyborgs, androids, and cybernetics are more commonplace and it would fit better.

Constructive criticism like 'his head is too small' or 'his arms are too long' or 'that's humanly impossible' is great. Even comming in and saying 'this is stupid and you are stupid and here's why', is fine. But once I make it clear I'm not changing something just stop. So let me make it clear The big stupid gun stays! Some version of the arm stays! The eye stays! The basilisk stays provided I can pull it off and Juhani is not a man!

Okae let me try and word it more constructively rather than childishly teasing you to provoke a reaction. Your character concept for Canderous fits poorly into the SW universe. His gun is enormous (arguably for power) but equally powerful weapons can be seen in SW in much smaller forms (thermal detonators for example) so no soldier especially not one as smart as Canderous is going to choose a weapon that limits his movement and weighs more over a weapon with just as much punch but a myriad of benefits over the big gun that encases his entire right arm. Therefore you can draw Canderous perfectly and the gun beautifully but it is not going to be taken seriously. Hope you understand better what I am saying.

Juhani was first way too manly and then you also went with the spandex painted on suit. This has been seen a million times in comics and games. Id like to see a female Jedi not look like a hooker ok? :lol: I think that would make your drawing better. Try and imagine what a kathar jedi would wear. I dont think shed have boots for one thing. Imagine the balance and grip her legs must have. All negated with boots. And what if she kicks? She could use her claws except she wears boots... See what I mean? Part of drawing ssomething if you want positive praise back is to draw it both well and also intelligently and cleverly. So th ubiquiotous spandex ultra revealing clothing is going to make even the best artist look like a million others.

As for the basilisk Canderous is not an engineer. I doubt he could build one himself. So if youre going to justify it you should 1. explain how he got the materials and 2. explain who built it and why.

Do you usually talk to fictious characters in your head? :rolleyes:

MY GOD ALL MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS LAID BARE!!! WELL AT LEAST THEY DON'T KNOW I'M A LITTLE OVERWEIGHT...WAIT! WHY DID I JUST TYPE THAT?!? OH GOD!!!

What was I thinking? It's obvious you're a mature individual who can handle the responsibilites of being a father. Silly me.

Old Skool Wheelman,

Please put me down as another person who talks to characters in their head. Though I don't remember ever having a conversation about blowing up hallways.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What was I thinking? It's obvious you're a mature individual who can handle the responsibilites of being a father. Silly me.

Never said I was mature or responsible. I've beed dodging responsibility all my life. Which sort of makes me sort of responsible...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (