When opened it shows a black screen then quits

Add myself to the list; None of the above repair tips have had any effect.
Nuclear option is never the correct solution, its the developers job to make sure it runs on systems that everything else works fine on, that is like trashing your car for puncture repair, or redecorating your entire house because your rug is dirty.
Please stop suggesting it, it is not, nor will it ever be a valid solution.

Has anyone heard anything official on this issue? Like, do they recognize that it's a problem? Is it being worked on? Or no, its just a generic crash whose  possible causes are too many and too varied to pin down and fix. Ok, no game is going to work perfectly for 100% of users out the gate, I accept that, but a word from the developers would be more than welcome at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Maison said:

Has anyone heard anything official on this issue? Like, do they recognize that it's a problem? Is it being worked on? Or no, its just a generic crash whose  possible causes are too many and too varied to pin down and fix. Ok, no game is going to work perfectly for 100% of users out the gate, I accept that, but a word from the developers would be more than welcome at this point. 

This issue and others have been and are being tracked with the intention to remedy the challenges some are facing much sooner than later :). Thanks for taking the time ask the question and for your support!

• Thanks 2

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I looked a bit around in my nvidia drivers, and i noticed under features and i saw that the Windows Media Pack was marked with a red X, but i already installed it.

I tried several things to make it work, but what seemed to work in the end, was changing my operating system language from danish to english, and downloading the Windows Media Pack again. So i wonder if there are different things in the Media pack country dependant?

If you have Nvidia Geforce experience, you can go to the settings under general, and then check the features if the Media Pack is missing or not.

Hopefully this can help someone.

For anyone still having problems getting the game to run at all and are having similar crash to desktop issues on startup, this is the solution that finally worked for me, which was suggested by Private Divisions: create a new Windows User Profile and run the game from there.  As soon as I tried this, the game ran immediately.  It still doesn't run from my primary Windows profile, but I can run it.

Still no idea what caused the issue in the first place.  Could be a corrupted file or something running in my main profile that is conflicting with the game.  Private Divisions said they are continuing to investigate but they're unsure of what caused it as well. 

Might be worth a shot for anyone still having this issue to try the above solution.

Edited by DonnyViper