I'm adding a note here so I can follow this as well. It won't respond to my keyboard or mouse or a controller. 

I7 9900k 
Win 10 
64Gigs DDR4 3200hz
2560x1080p Ultra wide monitor 144hz Refresh. 
GTX 2080TI Hybrid EVGA 
EVGA FTW Motherboard 
M.2 SSD 

All drivers and updates up to snuff. Dunno if that helps or it just a microsoft store thing or something but figured I'd throw this out and see if anything matches up. 

Edit. Just don't play in fullscreen and it works. 

Edited by zero_kyrael
  • Like 1

Hello Nthaek,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.  I submitted a report with the information you provided to the devs.

In the meantime, I would suggest double checking your video card to see if there is an update that fixes the issue for you.

If you notice any changes, please let me know in this thread as I will be linking it to the report for the devs to use as a reference.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

• Sad 1

I am having this exact same issue and made a Reddit thread and others are too. I have tried so many things and now am reinstalling the game with my slow internet. This sucks.

I am almost certain it's a problem with the gamepass (however can be fixed by Devs) as other games have this same issue. Quite a few, actually. 

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue.  But this only happens after I get a pop up in game from game pass, saying it's syncing data, which never goes past zero and if closed, you cant save the game.  Only alt tabbing out and quitting that way works.  Then on the next load up, it gets stuck after 'Press any key' 

• Like 1

It does seem to be only happening to GamePass users, maybe it's something to do with the data sync it does on first launch.

If there was a way to force this to retry it's sync, maybe?

I'm currently reinstalling due to another issue whereby it would tell me the game is attempting to shut down and therefore couldn't open. 

Just to add my name here. I’ve got a similar issue with the game pass copy. Not a blank screen but a CTD at the same point. First time worked like a charm for 2 hours. Had a little break and after about an hour, thought I’d continue and........ no joy, the crashing started.

No luck with overlays off or changing to windowed. Drivers were already up to date. The game was preloaded when it first worked. It has since been redownloaded to try and fix this but with no luck.

A solution is to remove permissions for outer world's from your Microsoft account, relaunch the outer world's and when prompted for permissions, instead of clicking yes just exit out of the tabs. Ignore everything else. You won't have cloud saves and no Xbox live but you'll be able to play the game. You will also have to do this every time you launch the game but it only takes 5 seconds. This method worked for me and has had 0 issues, hope it can work for you too.

3 hours ago, JoKer72602 said:

A solution is to remove permissions for outer world's from your Microsoft account, relaunch the outer world's and when prompted for permissions, instead of clicking yes just exit out of the tabs. Ignore everything else. You won't have cloud saves and no Xbox live but you'll be able to play the game. You will also have to do this every time you launch the game but it only takes 5 seconds. This method worked for me and has had 0 issues, hope it can work for you too.

Could you break down the steps so we can try this?