Hey everyone,

Thank you for the input about the font size.  The devs have been made aware of this issue so they can consider what action they want to take.  If you notice any other issues during your playthrough, please keep reporting them in the forums so we can continue to make the game even better.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience the small text is creating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll reply here too since similar threads on the forum are already getting closed. Yes, I'm on Xbox and find some of the fonts pretty small and hard to read too. Surprised there is no option to change font size with it being that small by default.

P.S. Why are you already closing threads on a release day? I don't care if someone else has already posted on a topic. The point is, the more people who share their experiences the more likely developers are to look at them as issues that needs addressing.

Edited by Kreia Traya
grammar
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kreia Traya said:

I'll reply here too since similar threads on the forum are already getting closed. Yes, I'm on Xbox and find some of the fonts pretty small and hard to read too. Surprised there is no option to change font size with it being that small by default.

P.S. Why are you already closing threads on a release day? I don't care if someone else has already posted on a topic. The point is, the more people who point something out the more likely developers are to look at it as a issue that needs addressing.

So that things are kept as tidy as possible, and other not as widely reported issues don't get lost in the shuffle. At some point soon we'll gather together all known issues and keep them at the top of the forum's page.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Also, i want to say that cyrillic type (russian) is awful – letters are placed too close to each other and sometimes it's hard to distinguish some words.

I agree that the text is way too small. Playing on Xbox One and a 65” TV. Only sitting about 10’ away and it’s hard to read where other games aren’t.

Most of the item descriptions and other flavor text are well written or funny and I don’t want to have to squint to read it, or worse just skip over it.

Edited by Marll

I have to say on a 55 4K TV I find the size OK, so there needs to be a range of options.

What's causing me more problems is not being able to switch off individual HUD elements, or have opacity to dim them down.. The companion command icons are too big I think as an example.

Edited by grooner

I have the same problem here on Xbox. The fonts on things like the computers you can use is fine but on Notes the font is very small. The inventory tool tips are too small too and the flavour text on weapons is impossible to read when sat on my sofa only 2 ft away from tv. Conversions are fine. 

I just want to add that with text-size considerations, I also hope this includes icons.

On my big screen TV not only can text be hard to read, but it is extremely hard to differentiate between the various icons for status effects and debuffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Totally agree.
Game is good, but very small font makes it unplayable, specially to people have vision problems. It makes eye ache! Tried PS4 version.

Please add the option to increase Font at lease, and even better - UI elements scale option. 

Hello Wax,

There should already be a Font Scaling slider labeled as "Text Size" implemented into the game that the programmers added after release.  This should be in the game settings in the UI tab at the top of the screen.  The first option in this menu should be the "Text Size" slider that should allow you to adjust the font.

If you are not finding this slider for some reason, I would double check to make sure you have the latest version of the game installed as this feature was added in an update and will not be on the disc version of the game without getting updates.  If your version of The Outer Worlds is updated and is still not giving you this option, please let our friends at Private Division Support know so they can start looking into this issue.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Wax!