Can you even Vanishing Strike as solo and stay in combat because you keep auto attacking the enemies ? Better to find this out before I wasted more time on solo assassin run 😂 

i noticed that assassin boots from deck of many things ends the combat instantly and then you enter the combat again immediately but without the invisible buff 

True with the boots - but if you auto-pause on "enemy spotted" (I believe) you'll be able to restealth right in front of the enemy. Which is even better in my opinion. I was able to pull this off all the time with my last solo Assassin/Bleak Walker.

A DoT like Arterial Strike (very fast ticks) does prevent combat end while it doesn't make you visible.

By the way: as an Assassin wouldn't  you want to use Gambit after Vanishing Strikes instead of auto-attacks?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I’m mostly thinking about big boss fights where I would need to stay in vanishing strikes permanently and auto them down with blade cascade which i can have for very long time with 35 intellect and +beneficial effect duration bonuses also No Pity for the lost adds 10 seconds to blade cascade and vanishing strike , with wits of deaths herald this should be possible maybe. Gambit definetly good option on fights with smaller enemies but those you can reset after each kill anyway I don’t think I can gambit reliably on the bosses tho 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blunderboss said:

also No Pity for the lost adds 10 seconds to blade cascade and vanishing strike 

How?

Also, how do you expect to trigger Blade Cascade?

Anyway, you can't expect to beat the mega bosses with Vanishing Strike - you have to use Gouging Strike and wait...

Sorry it’s No Time for the lost, the upgrade to no pity to the lost that adds +10 seconds beneficial effect duration and you can self cast it while in vanishing strikes mode and hit yourself for beneficial duration, what I noticed from party play with sc assassin is that Blade cascade is bound to trigger in longer fights just from smacking the enemy. Anyway I assume for 4 biggest mega bosses I will have to resort to gouging strike cheese to Finnish them off but  honestly if that’s the case then they are not worth wasting my time on since there is no sense of achievement , fun or gameplay in gouging strike and waiting however it all depends how far I can damage them in 4-5 mins of Vanishing Strikes . What I care most is killing DLC bosses and Guardian of Ukaizo  without cheesing with permanent dot. 

Edited by Blunderboss