Obsidian games on Gamepass?

Selnor1983

Hi everyone. I'm newly joined here in this community. Looking forward greatly to The Outer Worlds on Gamepass in 13 hours. 

But I was wondering if anyone here in the community knows when Pillars Of Eternity will come to Gamepass? 

All of MS first party studios games are on Gamepass. I understand Obsidian are a fairly new MS studio. But does anyone know any info on Obsidian games like Pillars coming to Gamepass? 

Thanks. 

I don't think any such announcement was make. Regarding the question: does Microsoft own rights to Pillars Of Eternity? If I remember well PoE IP wasn't actually Obsidians - it was owned by Dark Rock Industries Limited, owned by Feargus Uquhart, CEO of Obsidian. I imagine it is a scheme of protecting PoE IP in case there were troubles with Obsidian.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106678-obsidian-doesnt-own-the-pillars-of-eternity-franchise/

My question would be? Did they sell PoE IP together with Obsidian? Or is PoE IP "borrowed" or "rented" to Obsidian whenever they do another game. While I find it unthinkable that Obsidian new owners might need to come to agreement to add their studio's flagship IP to their gamepass, it is also a possibility. 

EDIT: I answered my own question by reading a bit more of the thread I attatched :-D.

They merged for an aquisition, meaning Microsoft does own PoE. It might come to pass at some point, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. 

Edited by Wormerine