Apparently Fallout 76 now has a subscription fee

daven

helloo  everyone  :)

I just like to point out 1 thing Obsidian DID NOT MAKE fall out 76  :)  

obsidian DID make New Vegas  wich has nothing to do with 76  :) 

n IMO wat was done to 76 IS NOT KOOL !!! I left that game .. 

but  I very much am enjoying The outer worlds  (xbox 1)  n just like to say TY  Obsidian I am enjoying the story line n side quests  the animators did a good job / Im enjoying the eye candy  

pleez  everyone dont blame  Obsidian .. :)  tyvm every one 

6 hours ago, Phynix Tyger said:

I just like to point out 1 thing Obsidian DID NOT MAKE fall out 76  :)

Pretty sure everyone around here knows that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Will this be the game that kills the Fallout franchise for Bethesda? Time for a re-think I'd say. Maybe they need to license it out while it's still worth something.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

No matter how many complain now, the next TES will be bought and the next (singleplayer) Fallout will also be bought. It's kinda depressing, but that's how it is.

• Sad 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

No matter how many complain now, the next TES will be bought and the next (singleplayer) Fallout will also be bought. It's kinda depressing, but that's how it is.

Yeah, I don't really like the idea that one bad game tanks a company anyways, even though I got burned by Fallout 76. I mean, Fallout 4 and Skyrim were both very good games, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer than one bad title.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

Yeah, I don't really like the idea that one bad game tanks a company anyways, even though I got burned by Fallout 76. I mean, Fallout 4 and Skyrim were both very good games, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer than one bad title.

It probably won't happen to a AAA company like Bethesda. But it has happened. Troika, Origin, and Eidos, for example.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

what was bad game from Troika???

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 minute ago, rjshae said:

The buggy "Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines" release, which sold poorly.

https://www.geek.com/games/11-games-that-killed-the-companies-that-made-them-1721057/

might been buggy but at least it was good game...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

ok about animations and combat but characters were great, what are you talking about?

28 minutes ago, rjshae said:

It probably won't happen to a AAA company like Bethesda. But it has happened. Troika, Origin, and Eidos, for example.

I don't know, a lot of those companies either were in a downward spiral, or never really got off the ground. Kind of interesting to think that Troika and Bethesda were both competing for the Fallout license, actually. 

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

I think actually 'no' for me. TES with paid mods and microtransactions.  Nopls. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

16 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

I think actually 'no' for me. TES with paid mods and microtransactions.  Nopls. 

Fair enough, although I'd argue it is way too early to know exactly what they plan to do with the release of TES 6. They have plenty of time to change plans and react to the debacle of Fallout 76. Not saying they will, mind you, but they've got enough equity with me through a couple decades of Elder Scrolls games to get some benefit of the doubt.

33 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Fair enough, although I'd argue it is way too early to know exactly what they plan to do with the release of TES 6. They have plenty of time to change plans and react to the debacle of Fallout 76. Not saying they will, mind you, but they've got enough equity with me through a couple decades of Elder Scrolls games to get some benefit of the doubt.

As long as they don't kill the modding scene they'll be fine unless a game that is simply better comes around with at least as good modding support. So far nothing like that appears to be on the horizon.

I mean, the modding community is arguably what has kept their games relevant in the first place, bit weird that no-one has attempted to capitalize on Bethesda's stumbling yet by providing good modding support...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

I didn't much care for Fallout 4 or 3 or even New Vegas really. I'm just not a fan of the current Fallout even though the the original games are among my most favorite so Fallout is over for me. 

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Shady_Sands :-

But going even further than that I've never gotten any Elder Scrolls games except for Morrowind which I got over pretty quickly because of the mechanics.

Still haven't tried TOW yet but I'm hoping something there clicks for me

Free games updated 3/4/21

55 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Still haven't tried TOW yet but I'm hoping something there clicks for me

I'm with you a bit on that. All of the Bethesda games tend to be lacking in the way they pull me into the story. I tend to enjoy them as sandbox exploring games, but rarely remember much from the main campaign.

TOW already is way ahead in that regard. It's a fun story. You aren't a kid looking for your dad or a parent looking for your kid, so the premise alone is less hokey. :p

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 6:15 PM, rjshae said:

Will this be the game that kills the Fallout franchise for Bethesda? Time for a re-think I'd say. Maybe they need to license it out while it's still worth something.

I see it as strike 2, so to speak. Fallout 4 did well enough from a financial standpoint to warrant a direct sequel, even if fans were lacklustre about it. Despite the ****show that Fallout 76 has been, it's easy to presume it was a failed spinoff more so than a failure of the franchise, or due to lack of interest in the IP (I doubt Bethesda/Zenimax would acknowledge a fault in their horrible business practices). Now, if the next main game fails, I do reckon that could spell the end of the franchise.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden