Good luck with release and congrats! Excited for Outer Worlds

Long time fan of Obsidian and even before that with Black Isle I got Fallout 1 the week it came out and just loved it. Loved KOTOR2, New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, NWN2, Mask of The Betrayer, Pillars 1/2, Tyranny and Stick Of Truth. DS3 was probably my least favorite but I still ended up enjoying some aspects of it :)

I have enjoyed all the Obsidian charm and love that they have brought to the industry over the years, thank you for doing what you do! I deal with alot of chronic pain for the last 16 years do to spine issues and I am not able to do many of the things I enjoy but one thing I can count on is wonderful roleplaying games from Obsidian that I always seem to like and are also great for taking my mind off things.

Glad to see The Outer Worlds getting good reviews, happy for the team and good luck with the release of all future stuff. This game looks fantastic! Keep up the great work and thank you for building these wonderful games that have such enjoyable characters, dialogue, choices and stories, as someone who has been playing rpgs since the 80's it is highly appreciated to still have some devs doing such great work. I know people come and go and not everyone is still around but the quality and enjoyment for me has always been there when the name "Obsidian" is on a game.

It really does seem like alot of care and love goes into the games and it is appreciated and noticed!  Many modern games I end up skipping the dialogue after awhile, do to it not being all that enjoyable, not so with Obsidian games!

As always with Obsidian games my first playthrough I will make a character that has anything and everything to do with getting more dialogue options :)

Signed, a long time fan

Edited by kozzy
  • Like 1

Now that I've seen first hand that Bethesda lacks ethics and will make us pay extra for them to fix the flaws in their game (lack of adequate storage) I've decided to no longer support the company. I'm not going to pay them extra money to fix the design flaw that prevents us from having enough storage space. And there is also this from Pete Hines, Vice President of PR & Marketing at Bethesda Softworks:

“There’s always going to be new content, changes in game balance, whatever it takes, and by the way, it’s all free after launch – all our content, there’s no season pass and no paid DLCs"

Bethesda, I've removed Outer Worlds from my wish list. Oh, and by the way, I was planning to purchase Halloween items from the Atom shop but now I'm too pissed about what you've done that I can't bring myself to give you the money for the purchase. You've lost me as a customer.

16 minutes ago, RonnieJW said:

Now that I've seen first hand that Bethesda lacks ethics and will make us pay extra for them to fix the flaws in their game (lack of adequate storage) I've decided to no longer support the company. I'm not going to pay them extra money to fix the design flaw that prevents us from having enough storage space. And there is also this from Pete Hines, Vice President of PR & Marketing at Bethesda Softworks:

“There’s always going to be new content, changes in game balance, whatever it takes, and by the way, it’s all free after launch – all our content, there’s no season pass and no paid DLCs"

Bethesda, I've removed Outer Worlds from my wish list. Oh, and by the way, I was planning to purchase Halloween items from the Atom shop but now I'm too pissed about what you've done that I can't bring myself to give you the money for the purchase. You've lost me as a customer.

Outer Worlds has nothing to do with Bethesda. It's actually kinda in competition with the games they make so your move here will not have any influence on Bethesda whatsoever.

17 minutes ago, RonnieJW said:

You do know the Outer Worlds is not a Beteshda game? 

Wishing Obsidian the best on this release. As others have expressed, they've made some of my favorite titles and they deserve every amount of praise that goes their way. Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a machine that can run it well so it will be some time, if ever, before I can experience it.

• Like 1

I just started the game this evening (through XGP-PC), and I had to force myself to stop playing for the night. It plays so far like a distillation of New Vegas and BioShock, with a little bit of RAGE and Borderlands tossed in. To my shock in didn't crash once in the four hours I played it. It's running really well on my machine (i5/16GB/1060 6G/1920x1080), and I'm getting 40+ FPS on Ultra, so I'm a happy gamer. 

I love the vibrant colors and the ambient life - I ran into a creature that looked like a cross between a snake and a flatworm, which was pretty nifty. The trees and other flora look great. 

Also, thanks for letting us holster our weapon by holding R! I hate it when we have to run around holding our gun out in front of us like a fool at all times. 

Supernova difficulty has been satisfying so far, though I've noticed that water seems to be a lot harder to come by than food. About four hours in I think I have 25+ food items and only about three non-alcohol drink items. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Puce Moose said:

I just started the game this evening (through XGP-PC), and I had to force myself to stop playing for the night. It plays so far like a distillation of New Vegas and BioShock, with a little bit of RAGE and Borderlands tossed in. To my shock in didn't crash once in the four hours I played it. It's running really well on my machine (i5/16GB/1060 6G/1920x1080), and I'm getting 40+ FPS on Ultra, so I'm a happy gamer. 

I love the vibrant colors and the ambient life - I ran into a creature that looked like a cross between a snake and a flatworm, which was pretty nifty. The trees and other flora look great. 

Also, thanks for letting us holster our weapon by holding R! I hate it when we have to run around holding our gun out in front of us like a fool at all times. 

Supernova difficulty has been satisfying so far, though I've noticed that water seems to be a lot harder to come by than food. About four hours in I think I have 25+ food items and only about three non-alcohol drink items. 

Glad you are enjoying it! I had to stop myself from playing all night last night to, was hard to go to bed thinking about this wonderful game haha. Good luck on the rest of your adventures!

7 hours ago, Puce Moose said:

"I just started the game this evening (through XGP-PC), and I had to force myself to stop playing for the night. It plays so far like a distillation of New Vegas and BioShock, with a little bit of RAGE and Borderlands tossed in. To my shock in didn't crash once in the four hours I played it. " 

I'm there with ya buddy! Found I could start playing at 1900, jumped at the chance, and had to remind myself that I had to go to work so I could PAY for my new obsession!

Unfortunately, it did crash once for me (i have a similar set up to Puce Moose) but I'm sure some video tweaking will cure that tonight. A BIG WELL DONE to Obsidian and Private division!  We'll be watching! and playing, and playing, and...

Edited by Mike6zerO
  • Like 1