PreDownload? Gamestop? lack of info

Hello,  I have a few questions.  1).  Will Gamestop provide predownloading before launch?  (digital purchases of course)  

1.a.) if not, why didnt O.W. website clarify which retailers would be providing pre downloads.  (Im a massive fan of obsidian, wanted to play as fast as i can.  Thus, would have chose the best retailer for me) 

3)  If gamestop isnt doing predownload when is their official launch? is it your own timezone midnight of the 25th (12:01 am)  OR can customers of gamestop start downloading at their respective time zones tomorrow per the OW news release in regards to starting times?

4) any clarity of the situation would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.

5.) obsidian made Bethesda look good !!!

It looks like preloading is only available through Microsoft. The Epic Games Store isn't, as far as I know, offering any sort of preload. For PC, the game isn't available anywhere else.

All other retailers seem to be only offering keys for the Epic Games version, so no preload there.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I have another question.. The digital code I receive from Gamestop, am I to use the code on a platform to play the game??  for example how origin is to EA and  Battlenet is to blizzard.   Do i take the code and play it on Epic platform?  

12 minutes ago, Decko35 said:

I have another question.. The digital code I receive from Gamestop, am I to use the code on a platform to play the game??  for example how origin is to EA and  Battlenet is to blizzard.   Do i take the code and play it on Epic platform?  

I assume that's it, but you should ask Gamestop.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

8 hours ago, Lee87 said:

No pre-load on the Epic Store and no way to set it to automatically download, do I seriously have to stay up until midnight just to click install to make sure I have it by tomorrow?

If you're not in New Zealand you can probably start loading the game before midnight. If you're in the US, it's about an hour until the game launches. Actually it should be about an hour for everyone in the world who is using a PC.

Edit: You might try now, it's not scheduled for another hour but it seems like it's already available to people who are using the Microsoft store but you may be lucky.

Edited by Clawdius_Talonious