RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've always been a Blizzard fan, but the past year they've been really garbage. I kept off the hate train for a long time, because I've still enjoyed most of their games even if they weren't high watermarks. I enjoyed StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 and Legion was the most fun I ever had with World of WarCraft. But... Between the disappointing product launches, unkept promises, layoffs, corporate political bootlicking and lackluster announcements...

I'm pretty sure it's the first time I haven't pre-ordered a WoW expansion. WarCraft 3 is one of my favorite games of all time yet I didn't purchase its remaster. I don't have battlenet installed anymore, not because of any kind of conscious boycott but as a hardcore Blizzard shill even I've lost my taste for them and I haven't been enjoying their products either. This WoW expansion in particular has been boring. Overwatch has gotten steadily worse as they've added content and the "sequel" looks like a DLC the price of a full game. Then there's been reports of devs anonymously reaching out and opening up about budget cuts forced upon them by the almighty Bobby Kotick. Oh how the mighty have fallen. It makes me sad. 

Or maybe having a baby changed my perspective more than I realized. I don't have time for grindy nonsense like BFA and Shadowlands needs to prove it's not as pointless before I return. I have no need to lay down cash for a slight upgrade of a game I've played ad nauseum. But probably the Blizzard even turning off their most hardcore fans thing. 

/rant

Also, people remastering games left and right yet no Dungeon Keeper or Black & White. Game industry, get on it dammit. Or at least get B&W on GOG or something. 

Edited by TrueNeutral
Stream of consciousness nonsense
  • Like 4

We've released Fallout et tu v1.0 today. The Fallout 1 to Fallout 2 engine conversion is now (core-) feature complete. That means, every Fo1 feature that was missing in Fo2 (red dots on worldmap, "Tell me About"-button, and lots of under-the-hood stuff) has been re-implemented by us.

The changelog since the last update 1 month ago has become gigantic. Personally I didn't expect we'd be fixing so many issues in such a short time. Most of these are either vanilla Fo1 bugs/issues, or stuff introduced by the Fixt mod.

Anyways. If interested, follow this link:
https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2/releases/tag/v1.0.1700

or this link:
https://nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-et-tu-release-v1-0.218045/page-18#post-4360863

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update/18425

Blizzard's update about WC3 Reforged. 

On 2/2/2020 at 2:23 PM, TrueNeutral said:

Or maybe having a baby changed my perspective more than I realized. I don't have time for grindy nonsense like BFA and Shadowlands needs to prove it's not as pointless before I return.

Probably is a lot to that.  The latest patch does have a nice grind though, you just need to do it once a week to make progress.  Of course, people are still unhappy - but the WoW fanbase are a bunch of screaming monkeys with mutually exclusive desires so, what can you do.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sadly not Epic exclusive.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Leak of MS Flight Sim 2020

• Like 1

EA increased regional prices for its old games on Steam.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/02/07/ea-have-price-hiked-most-of-their-game-catalog-on-steam

Seems.. unwise, to put it politely. There are already regional locks on Steam to prevent trading and average income in the affected regions has not improve, so I fail to see what EA hopes to achieve.

Also new update for God Eater 3 has been released. (I could not find the announcement in English).

Maybe they want to force people off of Steam, but at the same time keep the money from people who want to stay with Steam no matter what?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

11 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

EA increased regional prices for its old games on Steam.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/02/07/ea-have-price-hiked-most-of-their-game-catalog-on-steam

Seems.. unwise, to put it politely. There are already regional locks on Steam to prevent trading and average income in the affected regions has not improve, so I fail to see what EA hopes to achieve.

Also new update for God Eater 3 has been released. (I could not find the announcement in English).

Here, I found it today accidentally by browsing 😛

https://www.siliconera.com/god-eater-3-update-version-2-40-update-adds-2-traversing-the-past-episodes/

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

3 hours ago, injurai said:

I always thought it was weird another studio was jumping on 3. Figure the studio doing the remake would be better suited if the first sells well. Shame though, I was looking for a return of Warren Spector.

The remake has been an utter disaster though, and a prime example of how not to do things. Kickstarter, mission creep, engine swapping, bad management, constant team changes including senior positions and running out of money. Now it's back to what it should have been in the first place but they're still out of money so progress is painfully slow for a title that should have been finished years ago.

SS3 has been to all practical purposes dead since they lost their publisher post Underworld Ascendant, hardly matters if it's now being made formal. The disastrous state of the SS1 remaster contributed to that loss as well.

Stephen Kick (who I always want to call Stephen Heck) may be good at translating his contacts into buying out dormant IPs and leveraging fan contributions as if they were his studios', but he really ought to have stuck to his core competencies. Actually running those IPs as going concerns isn't one of them on the evidence of System Shock.

How to answer whether Underworld Ascendant was any good? I think I can only quote one of western civilisation's great philosopher in response:

"No."

(Haven't played it, but the word of mouth is that it is an absolutely unmitigated disaster and also sold atrociously. I actually backed the kickstarter, but have no interest getting it even for 'free'. Also GOG rejected it for not making their quality control standards. It is on steam so you can read some of the reviews there if you want, they aren't exactly kind though)

6 hours ago, 213374U said:

Straight from the Codex's mouth:

RUMOR: System Shock 3 Has Been Cancelled

Didn't we already get it in the form of 'Prey'?  Which basically came out of nowhere (along with most great games).

A licensed sequel just sounds like a cheap cashgrab at this point, catering to dumb nostaligics.

The rest of us know better.