RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

8 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

You can thank Sega and Nintendo for that one, instead of teaming up to be the 3rd guy they decided to go full retard, leaving only two.  Two is not competition, when there's only two fish in the pond, they learn to work together and share the spoils so they don't get lonely.  When you add a 3rd fish, things really get shaken up.

A wild Stadia appeared. It’s not very effective.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

23 hours ago, marelooke said:

As usual it's mostly marketing bs with very few actual meaningful numbers. Their main goal appears to make people believe that "resistance is futile".

Eg. Metro Exodus appears to have sold pretty badly (at least, far below what I would have expected for the amount of hype there was), though they did manage to spin it the other way around since "journalists" failed to consider the comparison they were making, and just parroted what was said. Basically Exodus, an AAA game, selling "double" (I think they said double) the amount of "Last Light", a niche game with a big controversy impacting initial sales, isn't "good".
If Witcher 3 would have sold twice the number of copies of Witcher 2 (also pseudo-niche, like Last Light), CDPR wouldn't even have broken even. Now I'm sure Metro isn't quite as big (or Exodus as costly), but if we scale the comparison down then 2 times the LL sales still doesn't look particularly good. (and yes, I did use numbers, insofar available, and extrapolated based on that, I can dig those up if anyone really cares). Obviously it's all extrapolation, but still there does seem to be quite a bit of marketing spin going on, and very little questioning of what is actually said. We'll only know for sure once the financials are published, but I'm fairly confident sales weren't as great as Epic would want us to believe, or they'd have shared actual sales numbers.

Anyway, a lot of modern day "journalism" going on, in other words.

Gotta give it to Epic though: their marketing department is ace.

Yes, it's true that much of it is PR but PC gamers has proven themselves to be incapabale of staying away before;

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

And considering the amount of people that plays/played fortnite, a decent amount of the market already has an Epic account and most likely wouldn't care about trying to boycott the store.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

That's the thing though, most gamers simply don't give a ****.  You only find vehement opposition buried in dark corners of the internet.

I never even cared about platform until this thread provided some unique insight on the platform "wars".  I have a GoG, Steam, and Epic Games account, and now am seriously considering getting rid of my GoG account because apparently it has fanbois trying to stifle progress.  Reminds me of the American Confederacy, and we all know what happened to them.

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

That's the thing though, most gamers simply don't give a ****.  You only find vehement opposition buried in dark corners of the internet.

I never even cared about platform until this thread provided some unique insight on the platform "wars".  I have a GoG, Steam, and Epic Games account, and now am seriously considering getting rid of my GoG account because apparently it has fanbois trying to stifle progress.  Reminds me of the American Confederacy, and we all know what happened to them.

Revanchist!

• Haha 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Metro: Exodus' final DLC "Sam's Story" coming out on February 11th, just shy of when Exodus' EGS exclusivity ends.

METRO-EXODUS-SAMS-STORY-5-1480x833.jpg

The American character returning to the US on a Typhoon-class SSBN brings to mind a certain Tom Clancy novel and film based on the novel:

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'm not sure how interested I am myself, but if you like "Diablo-styled" arpg's, Torchlight Frontiers, the planned online/mmo focused is now instead Torchlight 3, the not really mmo/offline available.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/torchlight-frontiers-is-now-torchlight-3-coming-to/1100-6473080/

According to the devs, the game now follows a structure that sticks close to the original's style. The big change with Torchlight III is that it's lessening the focus for online-play. While you can still play it online with friends and other players, you will also be able to play the game offline. When you are online, most zones will be set to private, letting you explore at your own pace in solitude. Along with this change to the game's online requirement, the pricing model has also been revised. With the shift to a premium model, the game's real-money store will be removed.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

12 hours ago, Agiel said:

Metro: Exodus' final DLC "Sam's Story" coming out on February 11th, just shy of when Exodus' EGS exclusivity ends.

METRO-EXODUS-SAMS-STORY-5-1480x833.jpg

I'm a bit annoyed by them to be honest, I never find their DLCs interesting at all, I just want more of Artyoms story. I'd have wanted extra areas and such instead, hell even an epilogue expansion or something like that. 

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

so it seems Blizzard make another oopsie with Reforged this time, not that I care that much anymore but it seems they dont wanna another DoTA disaster again...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm glad I didn't pre-order that. When they announced it at BlizzCon 2018 they said it was going to have updated missions, cutscenes, cinematics and voice acting to better reflect current WarCraft canon, but apparently it has none of that. On a different note, in the zoomed out gameplay it's not as noticeable but I don't think any of the models really look like they fit WarCraft and Blizzard's style, they're more like JRPG designs. Surprise surprise, they were outsourced... 

On 1/25/2020 at 7:03 AM, Katphood said:

Finally! Can't wait to see what Frictional does next. Hope they can scare me like Amnesia again. 

• Like 1

Always have to have something to gnash our teeth about. At this point, sort of glad companies do this - they're keeping these Youtubers alive :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

so it seems Blizzard make another oopsie with Reforged this time, not that I care that much anymore but it seems they dont wanna another DoTA disaster again...

I didn't find Jim's video very informative, so here is another one:

Bellular continues to be overwrought as usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, TrueNeutral said:

He's such a drama queen. 

Drama queen sells... gets clicks... likes... thumbs ups... whatever the kids use as currency these days.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

17 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Drama queen sells... gets clicks... likes... thumbs ups... whatever the kids use as currency these days.

When I was a kid, we used to pay for stuff with Pokemon Tazo (is that what they call overseas, too?) coins.

Most stable form of currency I've had, really.