RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

52 minutes ago, 213374U said:

PC Gamer Master Race; loudmouthed and weakwilled.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There was a jihad or something?

Only thing I'm pissy about is the exclusives-thing on PC. Don't care about the rest.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Oh Allah (Peace be Upon Him) yes. They have a catchy name ("The Network", would probably work better in arabic though), neckbeards like true salafis, preaching in their places of worship (reddit etc) etc etc.

Haha yes. You can add lazy and feckless- and overly sensitive- to that list as well.

The absolute state of the PC gaming market can be summed up by comparing 'Good Old Guy' GOG's turnover vs 'Evil Gommie Spywar'e EGS turnover. Exclusives 100% work, outrage is 100% useless and good will is about 95% useless unless you're a corpulent ex Microsoft Seattleite with a knife obsession (and even then it's 99% inertia rather than actual good will).

Anyway, for some 100% genuine and true random news, since exclusives 100% work CDPR is making Cyberpunk2077 GOG exclusive which is why they're delaying it for 6 months. In a shocking twist they will then make it EGS exclusive for the next 6 months.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

PC Gamer Master Race; loudmouthed, weakwilled, lazy, feckless and overly sensitive.

Fix'd ;)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Falcom confirmed that Assure and Zero are being rereleased in Japan for the PS4. There's still no word about any kind of official English translation.

If Falcom confirmed it, there is a big chance that Xseed could take care of that, so I hope :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

If Falcom confirmed it, there is a big chance that Xseed could take care of that, so I hope :)

It would most like go to either NIS America or Aksys Games (who did the translation for Tokyo Xanadu). Xseed leaned too heavily on the Falcom games selling well to English audiences, which they did but not as well as Xseed needed them too. They had to expand their staff a lot in order to releasing translations and ports for all the Trails in the Sky games, Cold Steel 1 and 2, Zwie 1 and 2, and the first 6 (I think) Ys games in less than four years. After Cold Steel 2 they downsized a lot and now Xseed is a fraction of the size it was even just three years ago.

• Sad 1

I know what you've all been thinking, "Where the **** are all the anime fútbol games?" Your prayers have been answered:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/experimentation.1311555/page-3#post-26183418

Paradox trying out a subscription model for EU4. 

We have heard for years from existing and potential new players that the cost of getting the game and all expansions all at once is quite expensive (and might be discouraging for completely new EU4 fans), it's been supported for almost 7 years after all. A subscription model has been suggested to us on many occasions, so we thought we'd run a test to see how popular such a service would be.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

pff, they really dont know how to milk their fanbase more, too bad they also make/publish some of my favorite games lately...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

pff, they really dont know how to milk their fanbase more, too bad they also make/publish some of my favorite games lately...

I'd say they've done a decent job of it so far.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 1/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, Azdeus said:

As usual it's mostly marketing bs with very few actual meaningful numbers. Their main goal appears to make people believe that "resistance is futile".

Eg. Metro Exodus appears to have sold pretty badly (at least, far below what I would have expected for the amount of hype there was), though they did manage to spin it the other way around since "journalists" failed to consider the comparison they were making, and just parroted what was said. Basically Exodus, an AAA game, selling "double" (I think they said double) the amount of "Last Light", a niche game with a big controversy impacting initial sales, isn't "good".
If Witcher 3 would have sold twice the number of copies of Witcher 2 (also pseudo-niche, like Last Light), CDPR wouldn't even have broken even. Now I'm sure Metro isn't quite as big (or Exodus as costly), but if we scale the comparison down then 2 times the LL sales still doesn't look particularly good. (and yes, I did use numbers, insofar available, and extrapolated based on that, I can dig those up if anyone really cares). Obviously it's all extrapolation, but still there does seem to be quite a bit of marketing spin going on, and very little questioning of what is actually said. We'll only know for sure once the financials are published, but I'm fairly confident sales weren't as great as Epic would want us to believe, or they'd have shared actual sales numbers.

Anyway, a lot of modern day "journalism" going on, in other words.

Gotta give it to Epic though: their marketing department is ace.

Edited by marelooke

1 hour ago, marelooke said:

We'll only know for sure once the financials are published, but I'm fairly confident sales weren't as great as Epic would want us to believe, or they'd have shared actual sales numbers.

I'm not sure we'll see anything more definite/believable than this, or other similar statements. Epic isn't publicly traded so they are under no obligation to release that sort of financial data.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

GamesRadar = Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic sequel is reportedly in the works

A Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic sequel is apparently in development at EA, according to a new report from Cinelix, the same source that accurately leaked the existence of the Obi-Wan TV show last year. 

Citing two separate sources it claims are close to Disney's Star Wars plans, a new take on BioWare's RPG has been greenlit by publisher Electronic Arts, one designed to "integrate elements from the first two games in order to bring certain things into the current Star Wars canon."

Rumours of a KOTOR remake have been swirling for years, but this report now claims this latest project is more of a sequel/re-imagining than a by-the-numbers reboot; think the latest God of War game, and you get the idea. 

Given the recent success of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and all that talk of an ambitious multimedia project from Disney known as Project Luminous, it wouldn't be all too surprising to see EA revive the much beloved Knights of the Old Republic universe back to life. 

It's unclear whether BioWare itself - currently working on Anthem, Dragon Age 4, and a new Mass Effect game - has much involvement with this rumoured sequel, though it seems unlikely given how far the studio is already stretching itself. Either way, if the force is with us, we'll hopefully hear more official details at this year's upcoming E3 expo. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

2 hours ago, 213374U said:

I'm not sure we'll see anything more definite/believable than this, or other similar statements. Epic isn't publicly traded so they are under no obligation to release that sort of financial data.

There's also Nordic/ DerpSilver financials. IIRC Nordic (as was, now, haha, 'Embracer') at least is publicly traded.

4 hours ago, marelooke said:

We'll only know for sure once the financials are published, but I'm fairly confident sales weren't as great as Epic would want us to believe, or they'd have shared actual sales numbers.

Expecting Epic to share actual sales numbers is a bit ridiculous though- how often does GOG or Steam share actual sales numbers for specific games?  Basically never; that's why utilities like SteamSpy exist to scrape ownership data. If Valve was disclosing that information you wouldn't need SteamSpy- and we know TWitcher3's sales figures via CDPR.

Exodus definitely isn't a AAA game, if it were you'd need a new classification for the GTAV types above it. It's made in a cheap country and neither Nordic nor DerpSilver are AAA publishers. They got a decent amount of publicity, but a lot of that was 'free' from nVidia for going RTX and- lol, since it's actively worse than the alternatives- DLSS.

Edited by Zoraptor

Why don't they just make another mediocre half ****ed SW game instead of embarrassing themselves with a mediocre half ****ed mockery of a reboot of a decent (for the time) SW game.

Well I guess I never thought KOTOR was all that great, I mean, the narrative was ok but the overall game was a bit claustrophobic, even by 2003 standards.

7 hours ago, marelooke said:

As usual it's mostly marketing bs with very few actual meaningful numbers. Their main goal appears to make people believe that "resistance is futile".

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that they're doing poorly.  Not all business people are like Trump who lie and distort their figures to make themselves look more omnipotent than they actually are.  Epic Games is a very welcome addition to the herd.  Not to mention The Outer Worlds, which is an Obsidian game, is on it as an exclusive.

Some people I tells ya.

Edited by ComradeMaster

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

Resistance is futile!  FUTILE! 

(But seriously the competition, in the end, helps gamers more than anything, GOG, Steam, EGS three pieces of the Triforce)

sure, like playstation and xbox games are totaly not same gigher price, they basically beating each other with better price eeach day, soon they will sell it basically for free...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 minute ago, Chilloutman said:

sure, like playstation and xbox games are totaly not same gigher price, they basically beating each other with better price eeach day, soon they will sell it basically for free...

You can thank Sega and Nintendo for that one, instead of teaming up to be the 3rd guy they decided to go full retard, leaving only two.  Two is not competition, when there's only two fish in the pond, they learn to work together and share the spoils so they don't get lonely.  When you add a 3rd fish, things really get shaken up.

6 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

There's also Nordic/ DerpSilver financials. IIRC Nordic (as was, now, haha, 'Embracer') at least is publicly traded.

Expecting Epic to share actual sales numbers is a bit ridiculous though- how often does GOG or Steam share actual sales numbers for specific games?  Basically never; that's why utilities like SteamSpy exist to scrape ownership data. If Valve was disclosing that information you wouldn't need SteamSpy- and we know TWitcher3's sales figures via CDPR.

Exodus definitely isn't a AAA game, if it were you'd need a new classification for the GTAV types above it. It's made in a cheap country and neither Nordic nor DerpSilver are AAA publishers. They got a decent amount of publicity, but a lot of that was 'free' from nVidia for going RTX and- lol, since it's actively worse than the alternatives- DLSS.

Yes, I was talking about the Metro dev/publisher financials, not Epic's. It's usually the developer/publisher that releases sales numbers. Though if Epic makes claims about sales I do expect them to back those up with actual numbers though, not with vague and misleading statements comparing to 7 year old games (their comparison was to Last Light, not Last Light Redux, which likely sold quite a bit more than the original). Should also be noted that they claimed digital copies, this likely includes all the Steam preorders (including all those that got rushed in when the deal was made public)

Well, AAA might be giving them too much credit, I guess AA is more appropriate. It's definitely not an indie, or niche game, anymore. Should be noted that prior to W3 CDPR wasn't an AAA dev either, though ;)

3 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that they're doing poorly.  Not all business people are like Trump who lie and distort their figures to make themselves look more omnipotent than they actually are.  Epic Games is a very welcome addition to the herd.  Not to mention The Outer Worlds, which is an Obsidian game, is on it as an exclusive.

Some people I tells ya.

If taking the statements from Epic as fact then the game more than likely did perform below expectations (the retracted "slip up" from that manager appears to imply so as well). This does not mean it did "badly" per-se.

Should also be noted that Metro was the first game to go exclusive, and the way in which it was handled didn't leave much goodwill, so the impact on the game is likely to be larger than for those following it, and, most especially, those where it was expected (eg. Borderlands 3). That it turned out buggy might also have pushed a lot of those that were on the fence to the "will get it on another platform once it is fixed"-crowd.

Once Epic actually starts competing on price, rather than by taking games "hostage", we'll talk about them being "a welcome addition" right now they're just a cancer bringing console issues to the PC platform for absolutely no benefit to the customer. Ugh, and just when stuff showing up on Gog as well as on Steam steamed like it was becoming more common, too :(