RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

kick starter? they didnt made enough dough from first one?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I do like Kickstarter (and Fig), but considering that PF:KM was a buggy mess on release and the developers did not warn the players/customers about it, I have no intention to back PF2 or purchase it for full price/on release.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

I do like Kickstarter (and Fig), but considering that PF:KM was a buggy mess on release and the developers did not warn the players/customers about it, I have no intention to back PF2 or purchase it for full price/on release.

I know but I am sucker for DnD style RPGs... :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Epic will continue throwing their weight around throughout the 2020 - at least the part I like of giving game for free every week.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/01/14/epic-games-store-will-continue-free-game-giveaways-all-2020/

They say that PC players have spent $680 million (£523 million) in the Epic Games Store so far and of that $215 million (£165m) was on third-party games.

Still, Fortnite seems to bring in majority of the income. 

Edited by Wormerine

New Doom Hopefully not 76 trailer out!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

20 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Don't worry guys, I'll back it at a high enough tier for all of us.

And on a totally unrelated note, do you know of anyone in the market for slightly okayish kidney?

LOL. Me too. I just love P:K and am looking forward to backing this one with a good amount of cash. 😀

P:K is easily the funnest cRPG I've played since playing BG1 for the first time when it came out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Don't worry guys, I'll back it at a high enough tier for all of us.

And on a totally unrelated note, do you know of anyone in the market for slightly okayish kidney?

It depends, how much do you want for it and what flavor of alcohol have you been drinking in the last 3 months?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 1/13/2020 at 11:07 PM, ComradeMaster said:

Kickstarter is free money so it's a "nothing to lose from the effort" scenario.

Yeah, but people get work out if reliable company wants another kickstarter like it's something bad. Something like Trine 4 EU funding "Will Trine 4 be free if you got EU money" was one of the questions on steam forums at the time.

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

Disco Elysium was never on Kickstarter and it beats the Hell out of these so called "DnD style -hand me money and I'll offer you the world- RPG's".

But that's just my opinion of course.

Mechanically it is very very basic, though. That's also it's downfall, I think. Disco Elysium is only as good as it's writing, and while the first half of the game is impressive when it comes to content and reactivity, it takes a drastic dive to the worse once player leaves an opening area. 

It is the freshest and most interesting RPG I played in a while. Does that make it the best? 🤔

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

well that sucks

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

To be honest, I never had high hopes for Cyberpunk.

Think about it.

Cyberpunk was a concept developed in the 1980's when it looked like Japanese and other Asian markets would take over the West Coast, which is a completely irrelevant concept today, as Japan has been in an economic slump since the 1990's.

During the Obama years, when C77 was conceptualized, Cyberpunk seemed to be gaining steam with the releases of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided, and the success of Shadowrun on Kickstarter, due to Obama's friendly approach of outsourcing jobs to China to keep consumer goods in the U.S. flowing.

The Trump era sort of killed all of that because his orange tint is doing a great job at burning up the idea of a metropolitan dark dystopia that seemed to fit just a few years back, and his attempt at starting trade wars with China, completely reversing the process.

They're probably stumped now as to how they're gonna wrap the game up as it doesn't really seem appropriate for the times, and there's only so much filler you can produce.

This could be a huge blow to CDPJKR, as it's become apparent that with the success of Witcher 3 they've gotten in over their heads.

I still hope for a great game though, despite it all, and the lackluster leveling system they've offered. 

Edited by ComradeMaster