RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

Wow, this looks amazing. Certainly a next-gen game?

I hadn't played the first yet, but it's been on my list. I'm always a sucker for Norse paganism and dark Celtic occultism. Hopefully the M$ funding allows them to offer a longer richer experience. Also ❤️ Heilung.

• Like 1

XBOX Series X? Really?

giphy.gif

Nintendo: "With the Wii U, we created the most unintuitive, convoluted, and confusing naming scheme ever."

Microsoft: "Hold my beer."

Edit: I realize I'm late to the party here and everybody has probably already meme'd on this. My bad. :blush:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

[off-topic]I'll say this for Ballmer, he's done a good job turning the LA Clippers from perennial laughing stock to fringe contender. Granted, after Donald Sterling, pretty much anyone would have been a significant upgrade.[/off-topic]

Back on topic: Seems like CD Projekt RED and Sapkowski have made up and are not going to **** in a bag an mail it to each other for Christmas.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 8:27 PM, Keyrock said:

XBOX Series X? Really?

giphy.gif

Nintendo: "With the Wii U, we created the most unintuitive, convoluted, and confusing naming scheme ever."

Microsoft: "Hold my beer."

Edit: I realize I'm late to the party here and everybody has probably already meme'd on this. My bad. :blush:

Well, Phil Spencer has now announced that the name of the new console is just 'Xbox'... XD

At this rate, why not just call it 'Xbox PC' and let people install Windows on it.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

19 hours ago, Katphood said:

Well, Phil Spencer has now announced that the name of the new console is just 'Xbox'... XD

At this rate, why not just call it 'Xbox PC' and let people install Windows on it.

Well people can take a stand against this nonsense and just insist on calling it Xbox 2. On forums, social media, reviews, news stories, in stores, even on MS's own forum, if people insist on calling it Xbox 2, there's nothing MS can do about it. This is exactly like how Windows versions used to be named back in the '90s and I hated that so much.

So i picked  Divinity 2 in sales and I must say ... that game is bullcrap. I am playing it on normal diff and I feel like i am using everything I can to just survive. Game constantly throw you out of party placement so every second combat my mage is placed in middle of crap.... I mean I like the challenge but sometimes it feels like devs just wanted to screw you over as much as possible...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I don't see a problem with calling the new Xbox an Xbox since that's just what I'm going to call it anyways

It's what's on the inside that counts.  The only thing I know of the next consoles is that they're finally sporting SSD drives and PS4 is using AMD's (decent) Navi architecture so they're already miles ahead of current gen.

2 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

So i picked  Divinity 2 in sales and I must say ... that game is bullcrap. I am playing it on normal diff and I feel like i am using everything I can to just survive. Game constantly throw you out of party placement so every second combat my mage is placed in middle of crap.... I mean I like the challenge but sometimes it feels like devs just wanted to screw you over as much as possible...

Treat it like a puzzle game and it's OK. It's very much a matter of finding out what is coming and unashamedly gaming the system to your advantage or finding the 'trick' which makes that battle trivial.

It's mechanistically awful with its magical and physical armour plus utterly useless initiative system and the game cheats blatantly in its combat design and how enemies behave so have no qualms about 'cheating' equally blatantly yourself, eg spam summons like it's the final battle of Baldur's Gate 1, because you can guarantee your enemies will do exactly the same back.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I don't see a problem with calling the new Xbox an Xbox since that's just what I'm going to call it anyways

The problem with XBOX's befuddling naming scheme isn't a problem for you or me. They can call it the XBOX Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (thank God for copy & paste) for all I care. If I go to pick one up (unlikely, but who knows) I will understand what systyem I am picking up because I am a gamer and I follow this stuff. The problem is when random mom or dad who gives zero ****s about gaming goes to buy one for little Timmy and gets utterly confused because multiple machines share the same or highly similar names.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

6 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Yeah, I was pretty upset with it too at first. I will echo what Zoraptor said: each encounter is best approached as a puzzle. Discovering the strategy that renders the encounter trivial is finding the solution to the puzzle. And "trivial" in this context is not your typical internet L2P smack talk. It breaks the game if you know what's ahead and how to optimize le fromage, as you can see from what a honor mode, no-item, no-damage challenge looks like.

It's a game that I've appreciated better with time -- each battle has a hand-crafted feel to it, and there's very little of the boring, repetitive filler combat that's so ubiquitous in most CRPGs. But I hated it at first, because a lot of what they do to accomplish that feels really cheap. It's a bit of an acquired taste.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:03 PM, Keyrock said:

The problem with XBOX's befuddling naming scheme isn't a problem for you or me. They can call it the XBOX Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (thank God for copy & paste) for all I care. If I go to pick one up (unlikely, but who knows) I will understand what systyem I am picking up because I am a gamer and I follow this stuff. The problem is when random mom or dad who gives zero ****s about gaming goes to buy one for little Timmy and gets utterly confused because multiple machines share the same or highly similar names.

Eh, I'd say most parents with little kids who like electronic toys are people who grew up with a rapidly expanding gaming scene.  I'm approaching mid-life now and I still remain astonished that people I grew up with are now sporting offspring that are approaching their teens, and many of these people were avid gamers like me when they were younger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

So Yakuza is turnstyle now? Anyway, I can have a dominatrix and a homeless man in my party. Sold.

Turn-based should allow Yakuza combat to be even more bonkers than before. Plus, I can beat the crap out of people with a handbag. Needless to say, I'm excited.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The combat in the looked ridiculous. For me already clear GOTY 2020 😄

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

51 minutes ago, Katphood said:

It's going to be both weird and exciting to go back to this game after such a long time...

Holy smokes, FINALLY! :w00t:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸