RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

5 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I have been using it for a while now, and I found it useful to keep a track of all the games I want to play on all the launchers I am using. I don’t use social features so can’t comment on that - it does seem to have an ability to see friends from other platforms as far as I can tell. 

achievemnts from other platforms I use important nicely, and since the most recent updates multiple copies of the same platform combine into one - unless there is a difference in release: like gog and steams XCOM:EU copies. 

Looks like I will not switch anytime soon. It does not support Windows 7, so I'll wait some time before I try to install it...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

so I just watched someone play that new Mechwarrior 5 and... Is it me or did those graphics really not look like 2020 (almost) game? I don't know maybe its because of my new rig I got higher expectations? Not impressed at all TBH

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

34 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

so I just watched someone play that new Mechwarrior 5 and... Is it me or did those graphics really not look like 2020 (almost) game? I don't know maybe its because of my new rig I got higher expectations? Not impressed at all TBH

I find that you get more enjoyment out of games when have to tinker with the Graphics settings to get a reasonable framerate.  Don't ask me why, I guess it's one of those situations where focusing on pure glitz kinda devalues a bit the meat of the gameplay.  Beauty is only skin deep!

I really thought  they'd release 8 first THEN do another REmake so this is a bit surprising.  Also my resemblance to Carlos (As in, he looks almost exactly like me) is a little disturbing but hey if I get to bang Jill who's complaining?

EDIT: Actually it's not surprising, I'm sure RE2 sold buckets load more than RE7 so of course they're gonna cash in on that REmake cow and dry it up.  The lack of integrity never surprises me (once I figure it out, at least).

Edited by ComradeMaster
  • Like 1

While not direclty video game news related @jph_anderson managed to finish his Witcher analysis video and has troubles posting it on YouTube. Anyone else excited for a full analysis with a runtime of over nine hours? I sure am. :p Here's a smaller one:

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

While not direclty video game news related @jph_anderson managed to finish his Witcher analysis video and has troubles posting it on YouTube. Anyone else excited for a full analysis with a runtime of over nine hours? I sure am.

That explains lack of videos 😁

5 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

-snip- *stuff about Resi 3 remake*

One step closer to that Code Veronica remake I'm hoping for.

giphy.gif

Apropos Babylon's Fall. So it's Bayonetta but you're a dude? Cool. I mean, it's Platinum Games, so OF COURSE I'm interested.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 12/10/2019 at 12:20 AM, Mamoulian War said:

Looks like I will not switch anytime soon. It does not support Windows 7, so I'll wait some time before I try to install it...

So... a month or so? Because that's how much longer W7 will be supported. And I say this as a W7 user...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

9 hours ago, 213374U said:

So... a month or so? Because that's how much longer W7 will be supported. And I say this as a W7 user...

Nope, it will be longer for sure. I do not need MS support for my Win 7 to run it safe in sandbox environment. Thankfully I have good knowledge of security, to do that, and Win 10 is for me still a big no, because of all the stupid telemetry implemented into it. Also some of my GOG games have hard time running on Win 10.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Yeah, disabling all telemetry and removing bundled malware from W10 Pro is a nightmare. But setting up a W7 VM with GPU passthrough isn't exactly quick and simple either.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 minute ago, 213374U said:

Yeah, disabling all telemetry and removing bundled malware from W10 Pro is a nightmare. But setting up a W7 VM with GPU passthrough isn't exactly quick and simple either.

please share how i can remove all that telemetry and malware from W10, i am struggling with it for 2 weeks already. I got more feking messeges from my OS than from facebook...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Short answer: from W10 Pro, it's not worth it.

Long answer: you'd have to stop services, disable pre-scheduled tasks and prevent apps from installing (ideally by customizing the WIM file before installing the OS). And it would all be rendered pointless at the next feature update anyway because Microsoft really wants you to experience the whole "your system isn't really your system" thing.

So you have three options, at this point. One, get W10 Enterprise if you're dead set on using Windows 10 without bull****. Two, learn to live with it if you're not willing to shell out hundreds in OS subscription fees (which seems to be the model MS and all the cool kids are going for). Three, invest in yourself and your future and move to something like Ubuntu -- forever.

Sorry in advance that it's not the answer you wanted.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

please share how i can remove all that telemetry and malware from W10, i am struggling with it for 2 weeks already. I got more feking messeges from my OS than from facebook...

Check this website.

https://www.privacytools.io/operating-systems/

In the last paragraph of the operating site you have under "Don't use Windows 10 - It's a privacy nightmare" title few links how to make it less breaching your privacy rights.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Huh, I've found it pretty easy to disable messages on Win10 as they pop up. I get way more on my phone and watch. Yes, I would like the occasional local sports team update while cycling, but no, I don't need to know when teams exchange 5th round draft picks.

Edited by Hurlshot

I remember uninstalling most of the pre-installed apps via CMD and disabling telemetry when I upgraded to Win10, but I can't remember how nor find the commands I used.
Soon I will have to upgrade my PC (it is old) and reinstall the OS, so any advice is welcome.

My "solution" was to build a new Win10 rig for modern things/games that require it but keep the Win7 rig for anything that doesn't, including old games and email.   After deleting bloatware and going through all the option checkmarks, I haven't had issue with constant Win10 messages/popups either. So far I delay updates as long as it allows (which is pretty long, I haven't done any updates for 4 months) and deal with such only once or twice a year that way. The only O/S reaction to delaying updates that I've had is the small icon in the tray with a red ! on it. :P

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

17 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

My "solution" was to build a new Win10 rig for modern things/games that require it but keep the Win7 rig for anything that doesn't, including old games and email.   After deleting bloatware and going through all the option checkmarks, I haven't had issue with constant Win10 messages/popups either. So far I delay updates as long as it allows (which is pretty long, I haven't done any updates for 4 months) and deal with such only once or twice a year that way. The only O/S reaction to delaying updates that I've had is the small icon in the tray with a red ! on it. 😛

I do sort-of the same, except I try to treat my Windows machine as a "console" (aka. gaming only) and use "open" operating systems (GNU/Linux, *BSD) for everything else (that isn't work, because there I don't get to choose, sadly).

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, ComradeMaster said:

I really thought  they'd release 8 first THEN do another REmake so this is a bit surprising.  Also my resemblance to Carlos (As in, he looks almost exactly like me) is a little disturbing but hey if I get to bang Jill who's complaining?

EDIT: Actually it's not surprising, I'm sure RE2 sold buckets load more than RE7 so of course they're gonna cash in on that REmake cow and dry it up.  The lack of integrity never surprises me (once I figure it out, at least).

I've heard some indication that this will be a more action-oriented entry, which is more my speed to be honest. Combine the atmosphere of the RE2 remake with a well-made zombie shoot-'em up and lose the Myst puzzles and I'm on board.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well, RE3 *was* more action-oriented than previous titles of the franchise. For me it was pretty much the beginning of the downfall, because it was clear from then on it'll be more and more shooting stuff and less of what RE1 was.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."