RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

46 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

It's Activision, ofc they will be abusive 😛

Hm, maybe, certainly think they would have done it with RoS.  I guess the necro does come close. 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

22 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

This is exactly it.  The vast majority of gamers simply do not care about the online/offline argument.  Every hardcore Diablo fan I know, even those in their 30's and have been a fan since day 1,  also have tons of fun playing online co-op shooters.  It seems only on private internet forums, with a cast of a few dozen characters, will you see such vehement opposition xD.

I'm sure they wouldn't do it if the vast majority of players wouldn't go along with it.

That said...:ban: :p

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 11/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, Malcador said:

Those are some big people,  reminds me strongly of Caesar 3 too

!!!!!! And Pharaoh. I loved this game to death. Though It doesn't seem like monuments are build from a ground up as they were in Pharaoh. That's a shame. Seeing it being build brick by brick, and securing a steady supply of materials for it was very satisfying. I wonder What they will do to NPC movemement. In Pharaoh and Caesar3 erratic NPC movement was core part of gameplay and cityplanning. While not ideal, I feel like many later city builders lack the depth which came from the need to carefuly plan your cities, even if mechanic was artificial and annoying at times. 

I just had a terrifying thought...

So those "end game dungeon keys" that modify and level up the difficulty of a dungeon (also opening up the chance to drop the best loot.) You know the keys themselves will be rare drops. Those  will probably end up sold as micro-transactions since you won't get them frequently enough.

Basically you end up paying for the privilege to have a chance at rare loot, and even then you might die.

Oh god... did I just surmise "the catch" of D4? 😬

• Gasp! 1

49 minutes ago, injurai said:

I just had a terrifying thought...

So those "end game dungeon keys" that modify and level up the difficulty of a dungeon (also opening up the chance to drop the best loot.) You know the keys themselves will be rare drops. Those  will probably end up sold as micro-transactions since you won't get them frequently enough.

Basically you end up paying for the privilege to have a chance at rare loot, and even then you might die.

Oh god... did I just surmise "the catch" of D4? 😬

Why do that when they make you pray to RNGesus for hours for a drop of a key, people find that fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

15 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

That's why they won't do that

It's the Diablo team not the WoW team.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

It's the Diablo team not the WoW team.  

Didn't most of the people that made Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls quit? So where would they poach people for Diablo 4...? Hmm,I wonder if these WoW devs are ready for a change of pace...

55 minutes ago, marelooke said:

Didn't most of the people that made Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls quit? So where would they poach people for Diablo 4...? Hmm,I wonder if these WoW devs are ready for a change of pace...

guy commenting on that blizzcon QnA was from Starcraft

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, marelooke said:

Not sure, the lead designers of both are gone, for all that matters.  Current guy does come from WoW, although he's been with them almost 15 years (so is good because WoW vanilla was flawless 😛 ) - https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Luis_Barriga

11 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

guy commenting on that blizzcon QnA was from Starcraft

David Kim. Yeah he was one of the lead game designers as well as the competitive game balancer all the way back with Wing's of Liberty. I remember he also played the game as basically Blizzard's strongest internal competitive player during development.

Dude seems wicked smart about game design and balance, and he was easily my favorite developers from that era.

So after two or so days, the new RDR2 patch fixes the launcher crash for me ...

... but I still can't start the game, because now it says it can't connect to the rockstar servers. You know, this actually proves that all my starting issues are only related to the god damn launcher.

Always online = such a great idea.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I actually manage to start the game now. Turns out you just have to click away the popup, then click play again. After doing this 10 to 15 times, the game will actually start.

So I then had the next problem: The performance is complete garbage. Took me 10 minutes to get through the intro cutscene (can't skip it) with about 1 frame per 15 seconds. After toying around for half an hour I found out that setting the game from Vulkan to Dx12 mitigates this. But now with Dx12 mode, the game loads with a black screen if my graphic settings are too high. So I started toying around with the other settings - problem is that you have to restart the game after most changes. So I did that... until I got blocked on their server, because of the constant "play"-spam.

Now I'm waiting for 5 minutes already, trying to login to the launcher, so that I can try to start the game, so that I can try to fiddle with the graphic settings some more.

Honestly, at this point I'm pretty much about to give up.

Oh, but fun fact: If you rename RDR2.exe to GTA5.exe, you can start the game without the launcher via the GTA5 "skip launcher"-tool. I would do it now, but sadly for me that meant the actual game won't load. However, for other players that seems to work fine.

tl;dr - seems the majority of problems are caused by R* fantastic launcher-drm. Sucks to be a buying customer, I guess.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

For the first three quarters of 2019, video game sales have been triple the movie box office take:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/gaming-game-sales-triple-us-movie-box-office-and-more

Total for gaming: $27.9 billion

Game, set, and match. Perhaps it's time for Hollywood to take this medium seriously?

• Hmmm 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Wasted opportunity 😞

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours