RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

So around 1 hour mark there is dev commentary and its soul crushing. Mandatory multiplayer overworld maps, no single player offline mode, micro transactions, simplified stats (again?). Rune worlds only consists of 2 runes. (one trigger second effect). Soo sad - game looks great but everything else sounds like big stinking pile of dung :(

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

7 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Egypt was built with squares, duh. :p

this is suppose to be Babylone tho? xD

• Hmmm 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Diablo4? *watches videos* ... well, it looks like more D3, except maybe less "cartoon" palettes in some sections (good), enhanced dungeon designs (could be good), and you can ride a horse (snore). Only based on the trailers, ofc. 

If it's online only in the sense that it's just must-be-connected to 'net to play (last I knew D3 was like this already) or like the old Closed Bnet where you could play solo online games that doesn't bother me - if it's can't play by yourself at all that's a hard no.  I also might pass it simply for the reason I don't feel like dealing with Blizzard account again at the moment.

If a console version removes/doesn't have online only/Blizz account (like D3/console), than I guess I could try it on the PS4 one day, unless release isn't until and is only for PS5 - then I might pass on it there too. :pEdit:      oops I missed someone's earlier post that console will still have online-only req. So ... hm. I don't know. Maybe when it's on deep sale one day.

That all said, I do like it a tad better appearance wise than D3. And they still make good looking trailers, even if I stopped caring about any story/world/chr elements ages ago.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

8 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

So around 1 hour mark there is dev commentary and its soul crushing. Mandatory multiplayer overworld maps, no single player offline mode, micro transactions, simplified stats (again?). Rune worlds only consists of 2 runes. (one trigger second effect). Soo sad - game looks great but everything else sounds like big stinking pile of dung :(

The really sad part is that this horse**** is going to sell like hot cakes. 

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/46709-everything-we-know-about-diablo-4-so-far/#forum-anchor-Skills

Not being able to respec skills is an odd one.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

RDR2 PC version seems to be out now. I'm trying to decrypt the files right now. Feels like Rockstar servers are failing left and right...

/Edit: And now the game + launcher are crashing when trying to run the game. 😆

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

2$

Or 195 Snowflakes in their new store, buy 150 points for 1$..

• Haha 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Nah, they can make enough off cosmetics if people care about that thing.  Heh, recently read a discussion about people whining that the wings, pets, etc. ruined their immersion.  I guess Diablo was Baldur's Gate or something for some.  😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

RDR2 PC version seems to be out now. I'm trying to decrypt the files right now. Feels like Rockstar servers are failing left and right...

/Edit: And now the game + launcher are crashing when trying to run the game. 😆

The joys of always online gaming 😄

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Don't think this is online related. The game simply doesn't start - crashes the whole launcher. Tried lots of stuff but then gave up on it. Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. Tensed to see how R* reacts to this, because in my experience, they treat their playerbase like garbage and don't give a damn.

Have to say if I hadn't played the game on PS4 already, I'd be seriously pissed now.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Nah, they can make enough off cosmetics if people care about that thing.  Heh, recently read a discussion about people whining that the wings, pets, etc. ruined their immersion.  I guess Diablo was Baldur's Gate or something for some.  😛

Considering you now don't have option to not play with others I guess it can be annoying but more importantly watch that interview I posted and pay attention when they were asked if MTX will be cosmetics only 😗 from what I catched they are going maybe for character slots, stash space etc. Whach how they specified that they will not sell "power" but making your life miserable with 10 items max stash is different story.. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

Whatever you do, don't journey into the TOW tech support forum. 😉

now i need to know, cmon spill the beans, whats going on there? I ddin't knew TOW have always online..

well now I am confused, those issues sounds like problem of windows store or Epic store? What have Obs to do with any of it?

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

Considering you now don't have option to not play with others I guess it can be annoying but more importantly watch that interview I posted and pay attention when they were asked if MTX will be cosmetics only 😗 from what I catched they are going maybe for character slots, stash space etc. Whach how they specified that they will not sell "power" but making your life miserable with 10 items max stash is different story.. 😉

Oh ok, didn't get a chance to watch, just read that the MTX stuff was mentioned once and not really elaborated on.  Not sure they'll be so abusive with the transactions but you never know. 

41 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Wasn't that one of the big complaints about D3? That, because re-speccing was so easy, your character didn't really feel yours.

You could just open the character screen and re-assign the skills. In a way it made for more variable skills and you had to plan ahead and think about what to use... reality is, that it felt pretty dumb.

At the end of the day I thought D3 was very predictable and very boring, Felt like the whole gameplay was centered around the stupid marketplace too. Apparently that's patched nowadays, but it burned me out, like, completely.

Now hearing that D4 will probably be even more dumbed down... no thanks. The monster slaying alone just doesn't cut it for me.

29 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

well now I am confused, those issues sounds like problem of windows store or Epic store? What have Obs to do with any of it?

Poster: RDR2 crashes at launch.

Poster 2: That's online gaming for you.

Poster 3: Even offline games do the same thing.

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Oh ok, didn't get a chance to watch, just read that the MTX stuff was mentioned once and not really elaborated on.  Not sure they'll be so abusive with the transactions but you never know. 

It's Activision, ofc they will be abusive 😛

Edited by Mamoulian War

37 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Microsoft store sounds like something which checks online once in a while...

Definitely if you have gamepass, which is fair enough since it's a subscription and they have to be able to stop you playing when your sub runs out.

35 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Might be fairer to say that's games tied to launchers for you. The number of complaints when HL2 launched and Steam soiled the bed were a sight to behold.

The only crashes I've had with TOW were related to the xbox pc app- which is by far the worst launcher I've ever used- throwing a fit and refusing to load any saves then crashing the game. At least it was easily fixed by restarting. I also love how it randomly decides I need to sync my saves in the middle of the game, complete with pop up in the middle of the screen telling me that's what it's doing. The game itself is rock steady apart from some very occasional slow downs but the app is the 100% typical MS 2000+ era half arsed product that will probably be abandoned as soon as something distracting comes along.

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

2$

Or 195 Snowflakes in their new store, buy 150 points for 1$..

We have listened to the feedback of our valued customers and have decided that our initial policy of charging for every respec is unreasonable. As such we will be rolling the feature out to everyone in our new 'Unleash your Build' dlc available for $20. This allows up to 3 free respecs per account ($2 or 195 snowflakes thereafter). Due to maintenance and the server being upgraded the old exploitative respec feature will be deprecated for those who do not buy the expansion.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Haha 3