RandOm vIDeo gAme newS

Amentep

not surprised, but not forgot that not only idiots play games, sometimes they are just kids as well :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

17 hours ago, Keyrock said:

A side benefit of not having purchased anything from EA in nearly a decade (not because of some ethical or political stance, I just don't have interest in games they publish) is that this news doesn't matter to me at all. :wowey:

Didn't EA provide installers of some sort  before forcing everyone onto Origin though? I kinda remember being salty about that one (that and buying a disc version of ME3 only to be forced onto Origin, Half Life 2/Skyrim all over again)

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/diablo-4-details-leaked-prior-to-official-reveal-darker-and-grittier-will-be-similar-in-style-to-diablo-2/

"Diablo 4 is going to look dark, gritty and gross. Locations will be toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, grey-ish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, as well as plagued cities. These levels will be larger than Diablo 3’s levels.

Characters will now be able to ride horses (possibly other mounts) and there might be contextual interaction with environment. Blood splatters will also look more like blood and not splashed jam."

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just now, Malcador said:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/diablo-4-details-leaked-prior-to-official-reveal-darker-and-grittier-will-be-similar-in-style-to-diablo-2/

"Diablo 4 is going to look dark, gritty and gross. Locations will be toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, grey-ish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, as well as plagued cities. These levels will be larger than Diablo 3’s levels.

Characters will now be able to ride horses (possibly other mounts) and there might be contextual interaction with environment. Blood splatters will also look more like blood and not splashed jam."

Well horray they finally figured out what fans wanted from get go with D3. Now I will have hard time passing this one 😕

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Never did understand why D3 wasn't seen as dark or gritty.  Running around corpses and torture implements seemed pretty grimdark enough, the temple region they added in...uh, Act 2 ? has oceans of blood too.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It not about what is displayed but how its displayed

Edited by Chilloutman

It was and still is a nonsense argument. The difference was dynamic lighting. The sprites always looked darker and more shadowed in comparison because the lighting didn't change them. That is literally the single only thing that makes D3 look less dark and murky and it is an objective improvement. It was such a "muh nostolgia glasses" nonsense argument. "Oh no, my character doesn't look as grimdark edgy when it stands next to a literal spotlight! What a crime!" Other than the deserts in Act 2 and literal heaven, everything in D3 is as dark or darker in D3 than it was in D2. Anyone who claims otherwise is straight up intentionally lying to you. There are many things wrong with D3, but this wasn't one if them. If anything, it was far too slavishly loyal to recreating the previous games.

Anyway, "levels will be bigger in D4 than D3" is an awful move. D3's maps were ridiculously huge and exploring them is a chore.

Edited by TrueNeutral

12 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

It was and still is a nonsense argument. The difference was dynamic lighting. The sprites always looked darker and more shadowed in comparison because the lighting didn't change them. That is literally the single only thing that makes D3 look less dark and murky and it is an objective improvement. It was such a "muh nostolgia glasses" nonsense argument. Other than the deserts in Act 2 and literal heaven, everything in D3 is as dark or darker in D3 than it was in D2. Anyone who claims otherwise is straight up intentionally lying to you.

If thats true why they are going to make D4 more dark? Does not compute. Thing is D3 was cartoony with strange color palette. You can disagree but it does not change that fact. But stating that D3 is darker than D2 is pure nonsense. Just from the fact that D2 still got light radius...

Dude, once you move out of the starting area into the mainstay dungeons, D2 looks like this.

diablo2.jpg

What has a strange color palette?

755999-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-ultima

Plus, as you can see D3 still uses vignetting (which you refer to as light radius) and uses it pretty much all game except for heaven in act 4, while D2 actually only uses in select zones. You need to go back and actually play D2. Now if you were using D1 as an example I'd buy it. That game was a lot darker aesthetically. D3 gets this accusation for some reason, but D2 was actually when Blizzard's oversaturated color palette hit the series with a bat. The terrible lava tiles were as bright as that first game got.

181372-diablo.png

Why are they going to make D4 "more dark"? Because people bitched at D3 constantly while not knowing what they were talking about. It's lip service, it's not actually going to be darker. :lol:

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 4

Diablo+ii+lod+part+3+bruh+your+name+is+g

So all they need to do is crank down the gamma. 😛

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

i will stop there, we are beating a dead horse. I dont like how D3 looks and you clearly do. I hope D4 will look more to my liking. End of story :)

Fair, but to be clear you misunderstand me. As seen in my arguments, I actually don't like it at all, because it looks exactly as garbage as D2. I don't see how you can like one and not the other because they are the same.

1 hour ago, TrueNeutral said:

If anything, it was far too slavishly loyal to recreating the previous games.

1 hour ago, TrueNeutral said:

D3 gets this accusation for some reason, but D2 was actually when Blizzard's oversaturated color palette hit the series with a bat.

:lol:

Edited by TrueNeutral

misread that, but I don't agree that they look similar. D3 is cartoonish to me. D2 not at all, but I think we can agree we want D1 back :)

• Like 1

The Red Dead Redemption 2 PC pre-load is available now on the Rockstar Launcher, by the way. There's 109gb to download, so I'd say doing the pre-load is a good idea.

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

36 minutes ago, Lexx said:

The Red Dead Redemption 2 PC pre-load is available now on the Rockstar Launcher, by the way. There's 109gb to download, so I'd say doing the pre-load is a good idea.

Ah woe to us with bandwidth caps.

• Like 1

anyone tried Crossroads Inn, looks kinda like nice small sim but I would like some hands on reactions

https://www.gog.com/game/crossroads_inn_artisan_edition

And there's Diablo 4.  Going back to its dark roots, apparently.  So Maximum Grimderp 😛 

Cool trailer as well.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 4

The gameplay trailer looked ok. People still bitching it's not dark though.  I blame 40k and people taking all the skulls and **** seriously for this. 😛

As for the WoW trailer...I guess I just hate Sylvanas as a character so much that's colouring my reception of it.

Edited by Malcador