Pallegina

So my pallegina started with begginer points in religious. So i decides to contunie on and level her religious skills. I reach some bleakwater shrine anddddddd

pellagina had 12 points in religious, cant decifer the shrine and thennnnnnn is happy when i desecrate it since she is anti religious. 

Ive spent all point possible in her relious skill, she cant decifer the shrine, she starts with religious skill points but she is deep down anti religious

Huh?

Maybe she's just really well versed in religious text? That aside, characters can have a maximum of 20 points in one skill (If their base was 0). Bleakwater shrine requires more than twelve. As for the desecrating, Pallegina likes those who shun the gods and do everything in their power to defy them. I agree, its a little weird that you can increase her religion skill.

15 hours ago, asnjas said:

pellagina had 12 points in religious, cant decifer the shrine and thennnnnnn is happy when i desecrate it since she is anti religious. 

to be clear:

the skill is "religion" which is a topic. it's not "religious", which is a description of how someone can adhere to a religion. that n and s make all the difference.

(and yes just to add, i grew up in the american bible belt, so i know a lot about a particular religion (i have 20 points in evangelical protestantism), but am not particularly religious. eder and pallegina both speak to me as characters as a result.)

Edited by thelee

Fair enough

Still sucks i devoted her to religion expert and put everything i could into her studies and she is still short. 

First play through i missed a lot of skill checks cause i spread out points too much. This time i choose one skill for each guy and had him max their specialty. Now im still missing! Sucks.

I guess you would need a ton of meta knowledge, lots of unguents, the right items, notes of every skill check and Berath's Blessings (double skill bonus on startup) to achieve this with a fixed party (if it's possible in the first place - don't know). Since you can swap out party members and every party member can have a different skill maxed it would be doable this way - but I think not many people like to play this way.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For me, the last point you make is the most important: playing with the express intention of passing all skill checks simply doesn't sound fun. It's not cheating by any means (unless you do cheat), but it sounds like missing the point entirely. The game's an adventure with ups and downs, not a series of checks to be passed.

Huh? 

theres only 5 characters and more than 5 active and passive skills. If eqch guy maxes one skill then the party is insufficient in all the others. Every check of one of those 5 skills means youre party is losing a check of all the others. Thats the adventure and not succeeding in everything right there. The ups and downs. 

If your party can cover all the bases then sure add some spice with random failures. But if a party of 5 cant cover all bases then it seems realistic to let people succeed in the one skill they in invested 100 percent of theiir skill points.

Wheres the consistancy? Whys it arbitrarily wrong or against the spirit of the game to succeed in skill checks but not say victory in battle? We win literally every battle. Infact the game is over when we lose so things cant even contunie until we pass the check. 

And this forum has a lot of audacity to be filled with such hardcore power gamers who min and max everything to succeed at everything and then say failure and shortcomings keep it interesting. People are beating unholy death dragons solo superman style on hardest difficulty level but theres a problem with me identifying a shrine after 100 percent innvestment in that the corresponding skill? 

That shrine is highish level content iirc. 12 Religion is rel. high, but not high enough for that shrine. But you can profit from party assist in this case: if anybody else also has Religion (even if it's low) he/she can assist in the skill check.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, asnjas said:

But if a party of 5 cant cover all bases then it seems realistic to let people succeed in the one skill they in invested 100 percent of theiir skill points.

Sometimes it's contingent on being high enough level not just simply "have I been putting all my points points here." Some of the shrines are considered or are in higher level content, so they would expect you to be higher level to pass the check. In other words, there's a difference between a level 5 person putting all their points into a skill, and a level 20 person putting all their points into a skill.

Notably, even if you put 100% of your skill points into one skill up to level 20, there are skill checks you will still fail unless you also have consumables, items, an appropriate background, an appropriate class, and/or other party members who also have that skill and can therefore give you a party bonus. Some checks are just intended to be hard.

Edited by thelee

16 hours ago, asnjas said:

Naw, scaling is pretty much superior form of play. Its hard to see for some so they resist. Thats all.

After you so aptly demonstrated your inability to understand the game mechanics (concerning the fact that people are aggressive towards you), I find it very difficult to regard your opinions as authoritative or trustworthy.

But of course there's nothing wrong with level scaling.

Edited by xzar_monty
  • Like 1