Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
asnjas

How did i piss everyone off jhc

Recommended Posts

My first playthrough i dont remember many ships turning hostile and i defenitly did not hostile anyone. I sided with rauati trade company but huana or valian ships never attacked me. I recall crooked spurs attacked me.

Now, im being attacked by everyone. Huana, rautai and even principi. But not every ship. Only some huana rautai etc.

Did they patch aggressive ships or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crookspur slavers attack anyone anyhow. About the rest... let me get this straight:

  1. When sailing around you are getting attacked by Huana, Rauatai and also Principi ships.
  2. But then on the other hand not every ship.
  3. It's only some Huana and Rauatai ships. 

I guess this makes perfect sense after some malcachoa...?

Anyway: you will get attacked if your reputation with those faction is bad (or not good). This may happen if you sail around a lot very early in the game without making friends first. Or by stepping on the toes of several factions via dialogue and actions. If you don't want that you can change the "colors" of your ship (the flag you are flying, not the actual hull and sail colors) to match the one the pursuing captain is flying. They will then not attack you. 

Afaik They did not patch aggressive ships.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.

I am being attacked by all the factions. Even now huana etc are chasing me. 

Ok i concede maybe all the ships are not attacking me. Its hard to tell. But definately some of the ships are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, asnjas said:

I am being attacked by all the factions. Even now huana etc are chasing me. 

Ok i concede maybe all the ships are not attacking me. Its hard to tell. But definately some of the ships are.

You do realise that when you write in a muddled and self-contradictory style like this, it's impossible for us to know what's going on, right?

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we can guess what's going on... ;)
tenor.gif?itemid=5327114

  • Gasp! 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The factions are all attacking. Even the principy who im helping. I even found furrantes sword and told alldice about furrantes doings so someone has to like me. How can they all hate me when ive helped some of them? I even found deroes corronet of waves mural. Ive helped mad martigan secure powdered soul stones.

Huna ships i can understand cause maybe i pissed them off by helping principy and poor rotaro in the gullet slums.

Even mighty rautau warships attack me directly after they praised me for restoring the grand rautau soul stone lighthouse.

You have got to believe me.

Edited by asnjas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you simply look up your reputations with the factions on the character sheet - reputations tab?

And check which flag you are flying in the ship menu.


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My current factions are 1 for huna, rautau and Valencia. Prinipia is 5. I guess higher is better. They are all one but is one low enough for them to start attacking. Just now i verified royal deathfire and Valencia both attacked me.

Also im using principy colors ever since forth deadlight and the murder of benwich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asnjas said:

Also im using principy colors ever since forth deadlight and the murder of benwich.

And so you identify yourself as a pirate, and non Principi ships will act hostile. 


h1dczBG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, asnjas said:

Also im using principy colors ever since forth deadlight and the murder of benwich.

So you advertise yourself as a pirate. Now, do you seriously wonder why others don't like you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People love cpt jack sparrow; what's your point? 

People love pirates in general, arrrrgh.

After thinking about it more, as a matter of fact, pirates are easily ranked higher than both zombies and ninjas. You guys act smug cause i didnt add together principy flag and aggro, but, according to reason and statiatics, all factions should be falling head over heels.

Edited by asnjas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but if you read most of the dialogue in the game, you'd know that all the factions don't like each other. It's obvious that all the other factions would attack your Principi ship, since they have legal grounds to do so. Even if you have +1 with all factions, they have no way of knowing that the vessel with a pirate flag is your watcher. 

What's Jack Sparrow got to do with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as i know, the reputation doesnt matter much, its all about the flag on your mast. Even if the huana literally worship you with the highest reputation, if you put a principy flag on your mast, they attack you. And that makes perfect sense, how are they supposed to know you are allied if you but on a flag of criminals?

Only way to really stick to your reputation is when you keep the default flag up.. i think. Every other flag overwrites your reputation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Simpson3k said:

As far as i know, the reputation doesnt matter much, its all about the flag on your mast. Even if the huana literally worship you with the highest reputation, if you put a principy flag on your mast, they attack you. And that makes perfect sense, how are they supposed to know you are allied if you but on a flag of criminals?

That's a fair question, but it also has to be said that this type of stuff is handled with a remarkable lack of sense in the game. For instance, judging by the reactions of the people on the streets of Neketaka, pretty much everyone knows about the watcher thing (like, how?), and pretty much everybody knows the player character was behind that event on the docks (like, how?). I personally found this rather immersion-breaking -- and completely unnecessary, most of all. Why was it necessary to have everybody make those comments? Also, whenever anything happens in the narrative, the whole game world instantly knows about it. It's a bit strange.

But, as I said, that's a fair question.

Edited by xzar_monty
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small town, big talk...?  As in Neritaka...   I noticed Fort Deadlight happenings are known before I arrive as I speed up from there to Dunnage (in my speedy outfitted rig) (out of story) maybe the Principi have wireless Adra enhanced carrier pigeons...   But with other factions, mental telepathy of news over distance this is not the case.  Ha.  Does not bother me at all... just part of the story.  If one had to wait, in real time for the info to travel, the game play would not move along so well... and there would be more complaints.

It is so easy to criticize others work until you have attempted to do it yourself.   Face it, this excellent game is just that, deep with detailed and interacting  levels information woven into the overall story...   READ everything; take the time - everything you pick up, right click it and READ... save yourself headaches.  Take the time to look at the built in information on just about everything within the game... 

Save us all the time explaining what you should already know.  

I have to admit, I found (to my delight) out that the more I searched going deeper and deeper within this marvelous piece of creative art and literature, the more information was awaiting my discovery, further enhancing my discovery (and interaction).

I will pray for POE III !

2 cents worth..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention, there are some very tricky optical things deliberately spread within the game that a casually looking or rushing player misses: a almost hidden doorway, a chest, etc...  Just so you know...  I will not spoil this for anyone but one must think differently in certain situations to discover these Easter eggs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LotharVI said:

Small town, big talk...?  As in Neritaka...   I noticed Fort Deadlight happenings are known before I arrive as I speed up from there to Dunnage (in my speedy outfitted rig) (out of story) maybe the Principi have wireless Adra enhanced carrier pigeons...   But with other factions, mental telepathy of news over distance this is not the case.  Ha.  Does not bother me at all... just part of the story.  If one had to wait, in real time for the info to travel, the game play would not move along so well... and there would be more complaints.

It is so easy to criticize others work until you have attempted to do it yourself.   Face it, this excellent game is just that, deep with detailed and interacting  levels information woven into the overall story...   READ everything; take the time - everything you pick up, right click it and READ... save yourself headaches.  Take the time to look at the built in information on just about everything within the game... 

Save us all the time explaining what you should already know.  

I have to admit, I found (to my delight) out that the more I searched going deeper and deeper within this marvelous piece of creative art and literature, the more information was awaiting my discovery, further enhancing my discovery (and interaction).

I will pray for POE III !

2 cents worth..

I disagree, its not necessary to have deep knowledge in a skill to have an opinion about it. Otherwise only cooks would be allowed to tell something tastes bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LotharVI's whole comment is a complete non-argument, just ignore it. I happen to work in a creative field (publishing), and I can assure you everybody welcomes criticism, even if it often doesn't feel nice when you receive it. Of course everybody accepts criticism, because it helps. Whenever someone is able to convincingly argue that something you've done is less than optimal, you should be thankful, because you can be better next time.

As for my criticism concerning news travelling at the speed of light all over Deadfire: there may be a game mechanics related reason why choosing to do it that way is most feasible, and I'm perfectly happy to accept that, if that's the case. But I still think it was a bad call to make so many strangers on the streets of Neketaka comment on the watcher thing, or that thing at the docks. It just doesn't make sense: there's just no way they should know about me or the incident at the docks. But the way they talk about some other things is really interesting and nice.

Edited by xzar_monty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

LotharVI's whole comment is a complete non-argument, just ignore it. I happen to work in a creative field (publishing), and I can assure you everybody welcomes criticism, even if it often doesn't feel nice when you receive it. Of course everybody accepts criticism, because it helps. Whenever someone is able to convincingly argue that something you've done is less than optimal, you should be thankful, because you can be better next time.

As for my criticism concerning news travelling at the speed of light all over Deadfire: there may be a game mechanics related reason why choosing to do it that way is most feasible, and I'm perfectly happy to accept that, if that's the case. But I still think it was a bad call to make so many strangers on the streets of Neketaka comment on the watcher thing, or that thing at the docks. It just doesn't make sense.

I never released something creative myself to anyone really but i think that that every piece of this game that is not critizied about can be taken as a liked feature and considering the really massive size of this game i am very sure only a minor part of it is critizied at all in a negative way at least.

And that is the biggest problem in my opinion. Mostly people only critizes what they dislike while stuff they do enjoy they simply accept without a comment. I am not different there. And if i tell the community and the devs about something positive at all, then only to introduce into a negative comment.

 

Like

 

You really made a great game here...

 

if only there would not be this.. thing about...

 

 

 

Edited by Simpson3k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

For instance, judging by the reactions of the people on the streets of Neketaka, pretty much everyone knows about the watcher thing (like, how?), and pretty much everybody knows the player character was behind that event on the docks (like, how?). I personally found this rather immersion-breaking -- and completely unnecessary, most of all.

Gossip spreads fast when developers want it to. I didn’t find this individual bit offending, though I do agree it felt lazy - a shortcut to give factions areason to work specifically with you. You do make a show and gossip spreads fast. All factions have presence in the city. 
 

what I found more unlikely is people in Deadfire knowing of Watcher of Caed Nua. in the world of limited writing, and communication which allows organisations like Leaden Key and Hand Occult to operate, somehow everyone heard about watcher on a different continent who inherited a keep, and had some imput into animancy trial. 
 

Deadfire tries really hard to be a kiss-ass Bioware style, and it really feels dis genuine and unnecessary at times. 

 


h1dczBG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the funniest instance of things moving very fast indeed was this: I walked into that one guy's house to get the Cornet of Waves. Walked straight back to Dereo's lair. When I started to speak with Dereo, it turned out that a) Dereo had already heard I got the Cornet, and b) Dereo had already also heard that with the money he got from me, the other guy had already started to order wood (I think it was) to make new enhancements to his house. All this in what, half an hour?

And I just thought, suure. Now, I do agree that making this more realistic is probably not worth the hassle, but still, sometimes it does look silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...