Private Division Pre Order

I just recieved an email from Private Division verifying my pre order and giving me a redemption link.  However, when I click the redemption link, I am brought to an instructions page to redeem on Epic launcher, but no Key is available?  Will there be another email or is there an issue with the site?  Has anyone else pre ordered with PD?

5 hours ago, Bandy said:

When you made your purchase, at any point were you notified it would be an epic key? 

Just curious, see my earlier post, I saw nothing mentioned in the store, or eula, or... 

Negative, only when they charged me and I clicked on the redemption instructions did it tell me it was going to be an Epic Key, but there was no key in the instructional information or on my account.

I sent a message to support yesterday because I had been emailed that my order was complete.  This is the response I was sent:

"Thank you for contacting Private Division Customer Care.

This is a pre-order, the release date of the product is october 25. You will receive the activation code that day.

Have a nice weekend!"

I guess it's not a big deal.  However, since apparently Microsoft Pass customers can already pre-load... you would think ordering directly from the company would result in the same.

In regards to Epic.... I never saw anything about that either until I saw the redemption instruction.  I had never used Epic store because I already had enough launchers installed on my machine.  There also wasn't any obvious way to cancel the pre-order through Private Division or I would have switched over to Microsoft as my pre order source.

Ah, I'm wondering now, buy through Epic or the PD store.  I'd like to think that buying it from PD means more money to devs, but maybe not.

Also, thinking Epic purchase may be a smoother process to get the install started.  Nothing ever goes smoothly for me... LOL

1 hour ago, Bandy said:

Ah, I'm wondering now, buy through Epic or the PD store.  I'd like to think that buying it from PD means more money to devs, but maybe not.

Also, thinking Epic purchase may be a smoother process to get the install started.  Nothing ever goes smoothly for me... LOL

Well if you buy it through PD they are just going to give you a key to use on Epic.  I'm not sure if Epic purchases are getting a pre load or not.  The response I got from PD was that I won't get my key to use over at Epic until the 25th.  So it probably is smoother just to buy it through Epic if you are going to use it anyway.

Unfortunately I had pre-ordered on privatedivision months ago hoping to support the devs more.  If I knew then, what I know now, I would not have done so.  I suppose I can just refund it and buy it on epic so that I am preloaded and can stream it day of, but still, WTH?  Kinda cavalier with that response of 'it's a pre order, you get your key that day'.  Sorta feels rude almost.

I won't be doing that again.

38 minutes ago, MenaceINK.ttv said:

Unfortunately I had pre-ordered on privatedivision months ago hoping to support the devs more.  If I knew then, what I know now, I would not have done so.  I suppose I can just refund it and buy it on epic so that I am preloaded and can stream it day of, but still, WTH?  Kinda cavalier with that response of 'it's a pre order, you get your key that day'.  Sorta feels rude almost.

I won't be doing that again.

I honestly felt kind of the same way.  Or at least I felt if I am not going to get the key until THAT day then don't bill me until THAT day.  I ordered directly because in my mind that meant no 3rd party taking a cut and I wanted to support the developer.  If they had mentioned anywhere during the process that it was just going to get me a key to use on Epic and no pre load I wouldn't have ordered directly.

Mostly I just believe that when you bill me you should give me my key.   Once I unlock the key per the policy on the order page I give up my right to ask for a refund so there isn't any reason to not give you your key.

12 hours ago, Antarious said:

I honestly felt kind of the same way.  Or at least I felt if I am not going to get the key until THAT day then don't bill me until THAT day.  I ordered directly because in my mind that meant no 3rd party taking a cut and I wanted to support the developer.  If they had mentioned anywhere during the process that it was just going to get me a key to use on Epic and no pre load I wouldn't have ordered directly.

Mostly I just believe that when you bill me you should give me my key.   Once I unlock the key per the policy on the order page I give up my right to ask for a refund so there isn't any reason to not give you your key.

That's where I am at, they said they were not going to charge until it was available, then they charged, and no key.  Kinda weird and I don't feel comfortable.  Everyone else gets to pre load and I get to question my choice of purchase...

I get unhappier about it as the hours tick by.

I just wanted to post that today I saw on my order page that my key was processing.  Just now I checked and had an activate key option.  When you apply it at Epic it just shows The Outer Worlds Pre Purchase with a release date of tomorrow and I didn't notice any pre load option.  Which to me is still odd since Microsoft was offering them as far back as last weekend.

That said.. just happy to have gotten my key.

Honestly, I only pre-ordered on this one so that I wouldn't spend all my spending money on payday and run out on the 25th (or 24th here). There wasn't really any bonus to preordering that I saw anywhere. I only did it to secure the game because we didn't get paid for another couple weeks and watching gameplay footage for two weeks would be agonizing not to mention spoiler filled ew.