To Obsidian,

I was looking forward to purchasing this new game from you company but after learning that your new overlord is not allowing a 4K option on the ps4 there is no point.  If this was also happening on the xbox I would not have a argument, but this is a cross-platform game and this kind of intentional limiting petty.  I try to be positive but in this case I hope this game tanks and I hope I never see another game cross-platform for you again.

• Thanks 1

I can appreciate the OP's distaste with a lack of 4K support on the PS4 Pro.

However, thus is the nature of the industry. MS now owns Obsidian.

I remember not so long ago when it was announced that only the PS4 would receive the Survival Mode for Spec Ops in the upcoming COD Modern Warfare. There was a lot of backlash to that decision. But that was the deal Activision made with Sony.

"Too much of the animal disfigures the civilized human being, too much culture makes a sick animal."

2 hours ago, the_ragnarokkr said:

I can appreciate the OP's distaste with a lack of 4K support on the PS4 Pro.

However, thus is the nature of the industry. MS now owns Obsidian.

I remember not so long ago when it was announced that only the PS4 would receive the Survival Mode for Spec Ops in the upcoming COD Modern Warfare. There was a lot of backlash to that decision. But that was the deal Activision made with Sony.

Yeah...and if it sucks and somebody hates it, they complain about it. I don't get what the point of this is.

I'm always for accepting folks fighting for what they want in a game.  Seriously.  I also don't hold grudges for people letting off steam and hating on things or even me.  After all, a little heat can sometimes bring a bit o' light.  Good God, I should put that in a fortune cookie!  <.<

Okay, as a jilted former nobody one his fifth for the night, I'm just saying that creating an account for the sole purpose of hating on this one aspect shoots past ridiculous, surpasses sublime, swerves around transcendent, and heads straight to divine.  Okay, after a few, I get even more goofy.  Anyhow, I don't mean any offense.  I'm just joking around in my own weird way.

In all seriousness, if you feel really strongly about it, keep fighting for what you want, PsychoCat4.  The jaded view is that it's a limitation imposed by Microsoft, but if that's the case, then you can't blame Obsidian for it, right?  If it's not imposed, then maybe it would take much longer to implement something that can't be used on all platforms?  Perhaps the consumer pool insistent on this feature is simply not large enough to warrant the extra resources to implement it?  If the latter is the cased then mayb e having enough people push for it could convince them.  I personally don't care because I'll only play on the PC.

• Thanks 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

Let me get this straight. It doesn't matter if a game has a good story, good gameplay and such that makes for a good or possibly great game. Just that it's displayed in 4k when played on a console. Yes it would be great if that was something that was default standard to do for consoles. But I'm not going to pass up a game because of no 4k support. Besides if it worries you that much invest in a computer, in fact build your own computer it costs less than retail comps that have crap in them you don't want or need.

15 minutes ago, Anhur said:

Let me get this straight. It doesn't matter if a game has a good story, good gameplay and such that makes for a good or possibly great game. Just that it's displayed in 4k when played on a console. Yes it would be great if that was something that was default standard to do for consoles. But I'm not going to pass up a game because of no 4k support. Besides if it worries you that much invest in a computer, in fact build your own computer it costs less than retail comps that have crap in them you don't want or need.

As already mentioned this information was false. There is 4k support for both consoles. The PS4 Pro just has checkerboard upscaling from 1440p. But, thats the case for most games on Pro.

• Thanks 1