Politics Generations

Amentep

If the smears against Tulsi aren't meant as a form of "reverse-psyops" then either the American populace is far stupider than I imagined that they would believe she's a Russian plant, or the people running the ops are far stupider than I imagined for thinking people would buy it. I'm not sure which is worse. Like... at this point, if Tulsi was secretly "the DNC plant" who then had to "concede to pragmatism" once in office; then at the very least I'd by happy that the "chosen" candidate was speaking frankly and not pushing the mindless anti-intellectual talking points that have been trotted out for almost two+ decades now. It's really getting pathetic how much empty posturing and inability to communicate reality has become the defining characteristics of political discourse. I'd like a sane sober figurehead to at least quell the cretinous fervor that people feels so entitled and empowered by these days. Not all activists are like that, but why are the idiots in the room sucking up all the air?

Edited by injurai

1 hour ago, ktchong said:

Gabbard is aka 'mommy'? What even is that about?

Anyways, I think Clinton is just looking for a scapegoat to blame in case the Democrats lose and I guess she's still sore about Gabbard endorsing Sanders instead of her.

6 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Aside, I propose Trump was the overcorrection to Obama.

That'd be pretty accurate up to a point actually.

"What’s most disturbing is Gabbard’s claims mirror those used by conspiracy theorists and war crime denialists, and promoted by the Russian and Syrian media and governments in attempt to undermine allegations of chemical attacks in Syria."

guess it were a dog whistle.

is not a smear to observe how in spite o' fact gabbard is only polling 1-2% she gets disproportionate attention from rt and official russian sources. particular after russian meddling in 2016, democrats and republicans is understandably a bit sensitive 'bout the appearance o' russian interference. is no accusation, but such russian preoccupation with a fringe candidate is weird. sure, a candidate who is promoting US isolationism is not a shock to be receiving russian support, but a 1-2% candidate?

is nothing untrue 'bout recognizing how gabbard is finding support and resonance from such curious sources as white supremacists and evangelical ministers in spite o' being a hindu woman o' color who is espousing a bernie-cloned domestic platform. what? wait, what?

add her unwillingness to condemn assad, not to mention her overt support for narendra modi, and many liberal democrats is having a difficult time embracing gabbard as one o' their own. throw in her frequent tucker carlson appearances and her attacks on barack obama and is not a surprise democrats is cautious 'bout embracing gabbard. 

calling gabbard a russian asset is, in our mind, ridiculous. however, articles such as the ny times piece which highlight just how curious is gabbard's campaign is not smears. perhaps other articles is unfair to gabbard, and the clinton bit were lunatic fringe worthy, but the manner in which gabbard attacks the media and advances conspiracy theories w/o any evidence is far too trump-like for some to ignore, and is another reason more than a few democrats is reluctant to support her.

oh, and the "mommy" bit is a weird appellation 4-chan has bestowed 'pon gabbard... which is also weird and wrong.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/brexit-day-of-reckoning-parliament-to-vote-on-johnsons-deal-idUKKBN1WX2M6?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Today is  a huge and important day for Johnson's BREXIT deal to  get passed through the UK parliament 

Firstly its the first time in over 30 years the UK parliament has met on a Saturday so this should highlight the importance of this vote, basically Boris needs 320 votes to support his new deal with the EU. But to achieve this number you will have to have some  opposition party votes supporting Johnson to get to the number so this means people from Labor, SNP, DUP and Independents  will have to be convinced. Very exciting development 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Boris needs 320 votes to support his new deal with the EU. But to achieve this number you will have to have some  opposition party votes supporting Johnson to get to the number so this means people from Labor, SNP, DUP and Independents  will have to be convinced.

😂

Sorry Bruce, not aimed at you. Some day we'll all miss the antics of the British Commons. I already posted a scene from "Yes Prime Minister" at some earlier point, not going to repeat it. Weird to think I left the UK because of the referendum result and now, 3 years later they are still arguing instead of just grabbing some handkerchiefs to slap each others faces with and duel it out.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

31 minutes ago, Gorth said:

😂

Sorry Bruce, not aimed at you. Some day we'll all miss the antics of the British Commons. I already posted a scene from "Yes Prime Minister" at some earlier point, not going to repeat it. Weird to think I left the UK because of the referendum result and now, 3 years later they are still arguing instead of just grabbing some handkerchiefs to slap each others faces with and duel it out.

I agree it has been incredibly frustrating and laborious but I think we are near the end of whole " do we leave with no deal or with a deal " interminable exchanges that have become relatively commonplace 

But Gorthfuscious today is still an important vote because of the 31 October  " Johnson "  deadline 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The fact that KTchong and I are on the same side of this Tulsi Gabbard thing has me concerned. Maybe I am wrong about her after all.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah. Be refreshing to see a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus running rather than the bunch of slack-jawed fa**** around there.

Edited by 213374U
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

The fact that KTchong and I are on the same side of this Tulsi Gabbard thing has me concerned. Maybe I am wrong about her after all.  :lol:

That definitely should concern you....seriously o:)

John Milton 

"I don't want a government person telling me about religion. I don't want a religious person telling me about government. And I don't want  a draft dodger telling me about patriotism" 

- Jessie Ventura

Now THAT is a great quote!

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

To be honest 2020 might be fun to watch, I dig Tulsi and Jessie would be great to watch. I hope we dont end up with some boring Hilary clone like a last ones.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

7 hours ago, smjjames said:

Gabbard is aka 'mommy'? What even is that about?

That's the side-channel of Shoe-on-head, who is using mommy ironically as a call back to her earlier criticism of Hillary fanatics as well as a reference to Jordan Peterson critics who mockingly referred to him as daddy. She also likes to make fun of people voting for woman on the base of being woman, and not for their past character and policy records. She uses sarcasm a lot.

Anyways I think she has one of the better track records of providing commentary to things, but her format is heavily geared towards existing followers.

Jesse Ventura is going to be Vermin Supreme's running mate. 

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

is understandable. is why the david duke support makes so many democrats pause. just as ktchong advocating probable ain't enough to discourage gd for reals, his support does add a greasy sheen to gabbard's luster.

no doubt will be considered a smear, but the jacobin did an article on gabbard which were comprehensive and scathing. jacobin is kinda lefties version o' the national review in that you got competent writers and the articles is researched, but is serious spin even so. as such is not polar opposite o' breitbart, but is transparent hard left in any event.

Tulsi Gabbard Is Not Your Friend

do research. in particular check for selves and see what legislation gabbard introduced in Congress as such stuff is easy to track down and says much 'bout who she is political. before rushing to defense o' such legislation, consider how you reacted when it were trump advocating for same stuff.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

7 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/brexit-day-of-reckoning-parliament-to-vote-on-johnsons-deal-idUKKBN1WX2M6?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Today is  a huge and important day for Johnson's BREXIT deal to  get passed through the UK parliament 

Firstly its the first time in over 30 years the UK parliament has met on a Saturday so this should highlight the importance of this vote, basically Boris needs 320 votes to support his new deal with the EU. But to achieve this number you will have to have some  opposition party votes supporting Johnson to get to the number so this means people from Labor, SNP, DUP and Independents  will have to be convinced. Very exciting development 8)

Speaking of, They've rejected Johnsons deal (I think) and voted for an extension. Meanwhile, he has until 11PM London time to send a letter asking for an extension while at the same time being defiant and saying he won't. So, expect more drama yet to come.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

One thing to keep in mind with respect to my support of Gabbard. There is no one, not a single person running for president that I actually would like to see in the office. So keep in mind we are talking about a “least bad“ option. The tallest person in the Pygmy Tribe. As destructive as Trump has been her name is on a very short list of the available options who MIGHT be better. Only one other Democrat is on my list: Bullock. And he is really circling the drain. Can any of you even remember a Presidential election that didn’t feel like a race to the bottom? Or a search for the lesser evil? I can’t. Next year will be no exception.

Thomas Sowell

41 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Can any of you even remember a Presidential election that didn’t feel like a race to the bottom? Or a search for the lesser evil? I can’t. Next year will be no exception.

guess it depends on your standards. we woulda' happily voted for mccain and kerry, in spite their almost polar opposite politics. both were guys who had a record o' working with those 'cross the aisle. experienced, competent, qualified. most important, we felt confident 'nuff 'bout the character o' each.

and mccain were genuine funny too. had the mattis al smith speech so here is mccain's.

go to 2:10 o' second video. this were october 2008, a month before the election. not just funny, but gracious and honorable.

we can do better. we have had opportunities for better.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

1 hour ago, HoonDing said:

Interesting not even being named but going into full attack mode.

Send her back.

sent back to hawaii? 

alternative:

HA! Good Fun!

14 hours ago, Gromnir said:

"What’s most disturbing is Gabbard’s claims mirror those used by conspiracy theorists and war crime denialists, and promoted by the Russian and Syrian media and governments in attempt to undermine allegations of chemical attacks in Syria."

guess it were a dog whistle.

Still don't have the balls to call actually me a shill, eh? Fact is, the official reports are not credible where it matters and work back from the conclusion they want rather than go by the evidence.

The OPCW-JIM report spends pages establishing a timeline for when the 'bomb' was dropped, and then in the appendices mentions that actually 40% of the victims turned up to hospital before that time, across multiple hospitals, multiple doctors. Because of that their timeline has to be wrong, anything else defies causality, but the OPCW-JIM report states that they decided to ignore that when making their conclusion.

The other report on the Ghouta attack, of course, suppressed evidence from their own experts that there was no plausible scenario under which two chlorine cannisters were dropped from the air and replaced it with the completely implausible one of an unarmoured helicopter flying across a hostile war zone so low that it could be shot down with a fricking handgun- let alone any AK, rifle, rpg, manpads etc.

just let us know which one most set you on edge. will add to growing list o' zor dog whistles.

HA! Good Fun!