Politics Generations

Amentep

16 hours ago, Gromnir said:

hypocrisy much? you do realize the vast majority o' such posts were responses to gifted posts, yes? you realize what you is doing at this very moment, complete divorced from any on-topic issue?

r00fles! That's exactly the point. I never ever initiate conversation with you, I simply respond to your derp. Meanwhile, you exhibit a YEARS long obsession / creep with all things Gfted1, even if Im not taking part in the conversation! :lol: I does give me a warm fuzzy having all of this digitally recorded though. I should put that link in my sig for posterity.

Oh yeah, Trump eats boogers. :lol:

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Just think folks. If Pence is implicated in this whole sorry affair guess who is next in line of succession:

Image result for nancy pelosi gif

Doubt she'd be that bad given the timing, probably just be a caretaker more than anything else.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

19 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Doubt she'd be that bad given the timing, probably just be a caretaker more than anything else.  

Oh she would only be in office a few months. But you are thinking about this logically. You have to think angry.

Angry think would go something like this: Both Trump & Pence are removed sometime next year. Pelosi becomes President. Now there are only two GOP candidates in the 2020 election: Sanford and Weld. Neither is really electable. Although ironically either would likely make a capable if uninspiring President. So whomever the Dem nominee is in 2020 cakewalks into power. The electoral math already favors the dems keeping the house and possibly taking the Senate. Now suppose all that happens. President Warren has an all democrat congress and they go after and remove Kavanaugh. Not likely but not impossible. The half of the country that is already against the Democrats will start thinking this whole thing was just a coup and the fact that Trump actually did something wrong will be forgotten. And of course he will never STFU about it. Between him and Hannity and Co making hay of this whole thing it could get REAL ugly around here.

The Democrats are going to come out of this winners to one degree or another. And, of course they wil over play their hands because that is what they do. And when they do it's not a stretch for the conspiracy theorists to theorize this was all a conspiracy. And the people who already think the worst will feel they have been justified. If this does end in Trump's removal (still a very long shot) there needs to be a tone or reconciliation after. But, that ain't gonna happen

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@Pidesco @Malcador @Guard Dog Huh? The only thing 'throwing Pence under the bus' that I've heard about is a half-joke about having Pence be President, but that's a real stretch from implicating Pence. There's no indication that I know of that he is directly involved or otherwise implicated in the current scandal.

Edited by smjjames

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

4 hours ago, redneckdevil said:

Your kinda proving my point with the crowd size, was that worth the days and few weeks of the drama the media drummed up for it?

YES!

spicer comes out day 1 o' Presidency and equivocates about crowd size. looks kinda silly, but no big deal. spicer comes out day 2 and he is a pugnacious ball o' fighting fury and he tries to gaslight.

of course the media covers overt Presidential lie. any other President woulda' got just as much coverage for such stoopid and obvious attempts to dissemble and mislead and change facts. and the administration kept on lying and lying and lying. every time media asked a question, trump and spicer and kellyanne conway lie more? 

giphy.gif

thank you ms. conway. am knowing we will never forget the bowling green massacre.

do you even recall how this went down?

you think is not worth coverage 'cause is a small and petty issue? it's a LIE. it's a stoopid lie. and arguable worse, it were gaslighting. were such an obvious lie, but instead the narrative becomes alternative facts and the badness o' the fake news media, fake news which were accurate reporting trump lies? 

oh, and btw, you kinda miss point 'cause we got months and years o' previous trump badness in our post which had come before day 2 o' the Presidency. this were just another lie, but it were telling 'cause he couldn't even get through two days w/o gaslighting a nation. is why the sharpie pen alteration o' a weather map were no surprise to anybody. such monumental stoopid and unsupportable were the norm from whenever you wanna try and identify day 1. 

4 hours ago, redneckdevil said:

Now the **** grabbing and the Muslim ban comments eh, tbh don’t really care.

honestly stopped reading here 'cause...

*shrug*

you not care is why such a crude and vulgar parody o' a man who advocated overt unconstitutional could get elected.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/463815-reporters-scramble-after-mouse-falls-from-white-house-ceiling

Too funny

UPDATE: Rep Schiff announces subpoena on the Briefing Room mouse. Schiff stated the mouse may be a material witness to the President's phone conversations. "It's imperative to determine what this rodent knows and when it knew it"

UDATE to UPDATE: President demands private meeting with Briefing Room Mouse before Congressional testimony.

UPDATE to the UPDATE of the UPDATE: Briefing Room Mouse found dead of apparent gunshot to the back. Cause of death ruled suicide. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Dallas Police officer Amber Guyger convicted of murder. Well, what do you know

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

7 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

thank goodness we can still laugh 'bout a wh story. is still hope.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Dallas Police officer Amber Guyger convicted of murder. Well, what do you know

Good result.  Still laughing at the Texas Ranger who said what she did was reasonable essentially based on her perception of things. Wonder what sentence she'll get.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

19 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Wonder what sentence she'll get.

Cynical me can't help but think that what she'll get is a retrial on appeal after the DA violated the gag order and all the media attention the case received.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

28 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Cynical me can't help but think that what she'll get is a retrial on appeal after the DA violated the gag order and all the media attention the case received.

Yeah, my wife thinks it was sabotaged on purpose just in case she got convicted. I try not to put much stock in conspiracy theories but I can't but help feeling the same, especially after Gromnir's post on the issue. 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

25 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Yeah, my wife thinks it was sabotaged on purpose just in case she got convicted. I try not to put much stock in conspiracy theories but I can't but help feeling the same, especially after Gromnir's post on the issue. 

this were an emotional charged issue. as we noted earlier, is a gut level sense o' wrongness that an innocent man should be getting shot in his own home and nobody need go to prison. no justice. is rare for a da to pursue charges precise 'cause is so emotional. 'course this were too public and the da is an elected position, so...

not showing 'cause o' democrat v. republican thing some people fixate 'pon, but am knowing some people instant think southern cops protecting southern cops is the norm. am not seeing sabatoge so much as a da being transparent concerned 'bout reelection. far greater chance o' initial ruling o' mistrial than o' overturn on appeal. mistrial would have hurt da, so conspiracy seems less likely. 

jurors were polled 'bout the gag order violation by a judge who were obvious incensed. no mistrial. all jurors said they had not seen the interview. chances a juror changes story later and higher court is convinced the brief interview swayed decision?

maybe is wrong that such cases rare get tried. maybe. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps more likely reason for mistrial is allow evidence which were arguable failing the probative value v. prejudicial effect standard, though trial judge usual gets benefit o' the doubt. the cop were on the phone when she were entering what she thought were her home. da introduces call to show she were distracted, which arguable would be exculpatory. the thing is, it were a sexual explicit call with her cop partner. 

Edited by Gromnir
ps

10 hours ago, Pidesco said:

What's most interesting for me is that Trump was the one who came out throwing Pence under the bus, almost immediately. I imagine McConnell most have done the most massive of double takes when that happened.

McConnell should probably have expected that to be honest. Best way to make sure the Repubs don't break ranks on impeachment is the threat that Pelosi becomes President. And it's 100% totally in character for Trump to make sure that if he goes down he's taking as many others with him as possible.

9 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

McConnell should probably have expected that to be honest. Best way to make sure the Repubs don't break ranks on impeachment is the threat that Pelosi becomes President. And it's 100% totally in character for Trump to make sure that if he goes down he's taking as many others with him as possible.

Good way for him to keep his promises of draining the swamp 

• Haha 1

Maxine Waters: Trump should be imprisoned and 'placed in solitary confinement'

it's kinda traditional to have a trial first.

*sigh*

oh, and in case it weren't clear, we personal would never have made it through voir dire o' the amber guyger trial. if we thought a person might be in our home before we entered, we sure as hell would not go in with a gun drawn intending to kill the intruder. what? have said multiple times we don't own anything which we would be willing to kill to keep and have given gd and others a hard time 'bout their belief that concealed weapons somehow increase safety in spite o' pretty much every study ever showing exact opposite. if we had a family to protect, then maybe we would feel different. the cop in this case weren't protecting her family. 

the typical da don't prosecute this kinda case, but this case were different from the start.  say amber is deserving punishment 'cause what she did were unreasonable is one thing, but jury functional said they didn't believe her excuse that she were going into her own apartment.

regardless, we wouldn't be quick to buy into conspiracy theories 'bout an intentional flub on the part o' the da. rare is a jury decision overturned 'cause they got it wrong. needs be mistake of law, and decide judge screwed the pooch seems mighty unlikely here, particular in regards to gag order violation. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

The jury decided the case in six hours, too, which is...all things considered, I think pretty short?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

26 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The jury decided the case in six hours, too, which is...all things considered, I think pretty short?

without castle doctrine, six hours would be fine. kinda straightforward that she shot the deceased and that she intended to shoot him with intent to kill or cause serious bodily injury. self defense requires belief o' immediate danger to self or others. 

with consideration o' the castle doctrine...

*shrug*

try and figure out juries will drive you insane. worse, is almost always disappointing to discover why juries actual made their decision. think you made a particular compelling argument and that you complete discombobulated the defense's expert witness? *suppress a smug grin which never reaches your face* get post trial jury interviews back and realize that it were the way the defendant would "squint" whenever the judge spoke to 'em direct which were the thing which decided the case for most jurors.

HA! Good Fun!

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Short is generally considered good, for the prosecution, means that the jury isn't wrestling over some tough bits. Six hours might be somewhere close to the average though? Gromnir would probably know what the statistic is, or at least have a better idea of what's considered typical.

Edited by smjjames

6 hours ago, Gromnir said:

it's kinda traditional to have a trial first.

😂

It's not like Trump ever tried to abide by the law or any rules. Why should anyone dealing with him be expected to do so? 🤔

(Biblical quote) "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"

I still think it was a stroke of genius on Putin's part putting him in the white house. It was the most damaging thing, short of nuclear war, he could do to the US. Sad thing is, when the US becomes the fifth major bankruptcy in Trumps "career" as a business man, he's going to drag the world economy down with him. Ah well, the world was getting too overpopulated anyway. Time to place bets on when world wide social unrest becomes unmanageable on a large scale.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Congrats to Jimmy Carter on turning 95 yesterday. As a President he was rather ineffectual. An undoubtedly good and dignified man but very much in over his head. Since leaving office he has redefined what the post-politics life of a President can be.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

6 hours ago, Gorth said:

Sad thing is, when the US becomes the fifth major bankruptcy in Trumps "career" as a business man, he's going to drag the world economy down with him. 

That is utterly inevitable and not because of Trump. He hasn't helped but he didn't start us on the road to ruin. The worst part is it does not have to be this way. But it will be because the US Government will not stop deficit spending. 

Thomas Sowell

"It's not like Trump ever tried to abide by the law or any rules. Why should anyone dealing with him be expected to do so? "

So, according to you, there should be no trials for any accused since  criminals (or accused) tend not to abide by the law or rules. So, there should be no trial, no lawyers, no nothing. The moment youa re accused of something execution is in order. No questions asked. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.