Politics Generations

Amentep

47 minutes ago, smjjames said:

If you want to be like the GOP and ignore the evidence, yes.

if gifted doesn't agree with something, then by definition it isn't worth considering. can take such a rule o' general applicability to ridiculous extremes. for example, the murder o' a reporter is insignificant because the victim is a reporter.

chase the rabbit down into the darkness if you wish, but know what you are getting into before you start.

HA! Good Fun!

@Hurlshot

republican blocked federal commissioner from publishing memo about foreign interference, so she tweeted it instead

you are just a victim of the fake news media. everybody knows that the democratic party busses in tens of thousands of illegal border hoppers to win elections in... new hampshire?

however, while gifted comment is conspiracy worthy at best (shocking) it is true that simple crossing the border and taking up residence in a state does impact census counts, which alters stuff as fundamental as # of seats in the House of Representatives. is reason trump were pushing to get the census citizenship question added.

aside, ellen weintraub is making a push to join our wall o' heroes. got space available 'tween barbara jordan and aaron burr. 

Edited by Gromnir
avoid double-post

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

21 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Im open to seeing any actual facts.

so is ellen weintraub. any number o states has investigated. no evidence o' widespread voter fraud found. trump created a commission on the matter, which found no evidence and were disbanded. is only so many ways to find nothing 'fore a sane person gives up and moves on to a new/different conspiracy... perhaps try moon landing hoax or the obama-was-born-in-africa-and-is-a-muslim bit.

the predictable toilet bowl self-inflicted swirly begins?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Volourn said:

That cop is guilty of murder. She didn't make a mistake she made a choice. She chose to enter  someone else's apartment, shoot them for giggles, and now claiming 'mistake'. She is a piece of arbage. Plain and simple.

Might be, but it would be a hard thing to prove in court. It's definitely a manslaughter though. Don't really know how US law distinct between various types of killing people.

166215__front.jpg

6 hours ago, 213374U said:

Well, she "feared for her life".

Amazing powers that cops' emotions have, really. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

57 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

@Hurlshot: How do you know if nobody is checking anything? How do you quantify the effects of social media campaigns? Somehow its been decided that the former doesn't matter and the latter is wrecking the world? Im open to seeing any actual facts.

We went over the auditing process last cycle. This is repetitive.

13 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

The only weapon people should be allowed to handle is a rolling pin.

61bQbZ-JxDL._SY355_.jpg

agreed. maybe add a blood-red paint scheme to one end o' the rolling pin to make it look more sinister?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/topic-pages/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

blunt objects already beat rifles and shotguns for caused homicides.  am morbid curious to know how many o' the handgun caused deaths would simple be replaced by rolling pin killings if we implemented your slight altered suggestion.

HA! Good Fun!

If you were to pistol-whip someone to death, is it counted as a handgun death or a blunt object death or both...?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

21 minutes ago, Amentep said:

If you were to pistol-whip someone to death, is it counted as a handgun death or a blunt object death or both...?

tongue-in-cheek recognized, however, according to full report, blunt force weapon. am recollecting in the definitions portion, discharge o' firearm must be actual or proximate cause of death to be counted as a firearm homicide.  as such, use a shotgun as a club would also count as blunt force.

'course, it depends on how such were reported to fbi. fbi uses statistics provided by individual law enforcement. instructions to law enforcement would have pistol-whip counted as blunt, but if wilton county wherever sheriff's department doesn't bother to distinguish proper and simple lists all handgun deaths as handgun deaths, then errors will result.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
clarification
  • Thanks 1

I mean theres no discernable impact or way to measure the effectiveness of the Russian "influence". But it seems awesome for making braying sounds. I was hoping Hurlshots hard hitting evidence would be right next to donkey post #489t4985 which purports my celebration of a reporter getting murdered. :lol:

I imagine something like this was going through the head of the whistleblower:

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

we stated you were indifferent to murder of a reporter

anywho...

then again, we have once more entered bizarro world where gifted thinks failure o' any state investigations to uncover evidence o' widespread voter fraud as well as failure by trump's own transparently political motivated commission on voter fraud to turn up any evidence o' such after more than a year o' looking, is somehow supporting his contention that "anybody that can hop a fence can vote here."

200w.webp?cid=790b7611790548234f9c242200

@Agiel

if you told us a couple weeks ago that trump would make public threats regarding the whistleblower, we would agree such were possible, but we wouldn't have seen as likely... 'cause we mistaken keep thinking in terms o' reason. it wouldn't be in trump's self interest to public threaten, so...

am admitting to being obtuse regarding just how unreasonable trump can be.

HA! Good Fun!

ps real reason for bother to respond to gifted were opportunity to post an otter gif.

Edited by Gromnir
one too many fails

so, gifted is angered by the possibility, unsubstantiated btw, o' illegal border crossers voting as 'posed to actuality o' any impact on elections?

uh...

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

I mean theres no discernable impact or way to measure the effectiveness of the Russian "influence". But it seems awesome for making braying sounds.

russia interference is a nothingburger 'cause no impact on the election, but illegals hoping the fence and not actual voting in any discernible numbers does bother. which brings us full circle. 

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

if gifted doesn't agree with something, then by definition it isn't worth considering. can take such a rule o' general applicability to ridiculous extremes. for example, the murder o' a reporter is insignificant because the victim is a reporter.

chase the rabbit down into the darkness if you wish, but know what you are getting into before you start.

thank you for illustrating our point so adroit, though we feel almost guilty.

bunny.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

Im never angry here. I like to chit chat and it brings me a almost perverse pleasure watching you in particular misinterpret almost everything and try to pick that misinterpreted point to death. Youre just very very very bad at understanding the normal flow of a conversation and purposely try to insinuate that which isn't there.

Voting fraud is not a myth but somehow we cant check peoples credentials. The clown show then moves the goal posts to "it don't matter, dur".

The Russian "influence" cannot be quantified. Theres no denying that.

But if it will dry your snotty nose I can tell you one thing. Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine. I mean, if some kid or something gets killed I may think to myself "bummer", but that's about it. I hope that makes you feel better. :yes:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

But if it will dry your snotty nose I can tell you one thing. Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine. I mean, if some kid or something gets killed I may think to myself "bummer", but that's about it. I hope that makes you feel better. :yes:

nose? no. am drying tears o laughter as our little bunny runs in circles. if you are indifferent to almost any murder unless is personal, then why imply we were misleading? you naughty little rabbit.

am not expecting an apology btw. am expecting another math and/or simple read comprehension fail. am expecting indifference to murder and violence. am expecting to be surprised by the next brain freeze worthy gifted reason fail. 

aside, and am not sure why we bother, the russia thing has had any number o' reports which claims voters were swayed in numbers. the problem is proving the right voters in the right states were turned in enough numbers to have changed the course o' the election.... or at least such is prohibitive to prove. given russian efforts, is unlikely the right (wrong?) voters were swayed in enough numbers. again, proof o' effect is admitted problematic. however, russians were able to influence voters. their efforts, unlike illegals not voting, were widespread and coordinated and is unlikely it were a one-off. weirdness o' electoral college is in part what makes proof difficult insofar as the Presidential election, but we got lots of elections in the US.

regardless, at this point, is no real question o' russian efforts and intelligence services is now unanimous in expressing concern regarding future elections... akin to climate denial for those who pretend otherwise. 

furthermore, goal o' the russians were always multi-layered. distrust in validity o' US the electoral process were always a goal. the russians also love a good false equivalency narrative. russian elections are rigged and subject to endemic corruption and malfeasance? well, look at the US where it ain't any better.

illegals coming across the border and not voting... as 'posed to genuine concerted and complex efforts to affect US elections by a foreign power?  somehow you see as analogous?

run along little bunny.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

Lol, nah. You just cant get me out your mouth, so you have to go to extremes. Its a little sad now that I see that search result. :yes:

hypocrisy much? you do realize the vast majority o' such posts were responses to gifted posts, yes? you realize what you is doing at this very moment, complete divorced from any on-topic issue?

*chuckle*

heck, these daisy chains o' insanity only seem to end when is Gromnir who stops, though am admitted finding response to gifled fails a bit like trying to eat a single chip.

41CnHC11TKL.jpg

but to stay on-topic, and relevant

Washington Post marks anniversary of Khashoggi death

HA! Good Fun!