Wot I bought last - a fool and their money mystary edition

ShadySands

• 1 month later...
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

that 10 USD coupon from Epic finally made me buy Cyberpunk 2077. can't say I regret the purchase, it's an interesting game, although terribly flawed. so far the feeling I get the most is "this is Call of Duty with an open world". not necessarily a bad thing, but take me out of the experiences in some instances (world missions are almost always bugged/crap). love all the secondary characters, though

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

11 hours ago, RichardRichieRich said:

I have 100 games in my steam and nothing to play. What should I do?

That often happens to me and I have a large GOG list as well so I have many games that  are  part of the favorite genre, fantasy RPG  yet I find myself undecided on what to play ...and its a little frustrating

But I have found  a way to  generally address this , I will play any game  from my list that is not  a fantasy RPG like a Ubisoft game or an adventure game. So I just finished AC Odyssey and decided to play  Disco Elysium which I enjoyed but stopped after 20 hours and I have decided to play Quest of Glory 4 ....which Im enjoying but also may stop

But  I now feel excited about the next game I will be playing from my Steam or GOG list which will definitely be a fantasy RPG and I am leaning towards Ultima 5 with Mods or something like Grim Dawn 

But in summary, play a game outside your normal comfort zone and you should start missing your normal gaming choices. Oh and I also find playing an MMO works and  I start missing single player fantasy 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 9/23/2021 at 5:48 PM, Hurlsnot said:

So I decided to buy New World. There hasn't been a new MMO in awhile, and I figured I would give it a try. I didn't play the beta, so I have no idea what it will be like. 

How you finding it, you not offended by the revisionist anti-liberal interpretation of history ? :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 10/24/2021 at 10:09 PM, BruceVC said:

That often happens to me and I have a large GOG list as well so I have many games that  are  part of the favorite genre, fantasy RPG  yet I find myself undecided on what to play ...and its a little frustrating

But I have found  a way to  generally address this , I will play any game  from my list that is not  a fantasy RPG like a Ubisoft game or an adventure game. So I just finished AC Odyssey and decided to play  Disco Elysium which I enjoyed but stopped after 20 hours and I have decided to play Quest of Glory 4 ....which Im enjoying but also may stop

But  I now feel excited about the next game I will be playing from my Steam or GOG list which will definitely be a fantasy RPG and I am leaning towards Ultima 5 with Mods or something like Grim Dawn 

But in summary, play a game outside your normal comfort zone and you should start missing your normal gaming choices. Oh and I also find playing an MMO works and  I start missing single player fantasy 

Yeah bro! I'm glad I'm not alone!

I scooped up the Castlevania Advance Collection on Switch. It's available on everything, but Switch just seems like the ideal way to play GBA games. $20 is a bargain for 3 great and 1 good game. The one disappointment is that it's Dracula X and not Rondo of Blood.  I mean, Dracula X is still good, but why not include the superior version of the game instead? Oh well, I didn't buy it for that, anyway, I bought it for the GBA trilogy.

Part of me wants to go into Aria of Sorrow directly, because it's so freakin' great, but I'll probably play through the entire trilogy in order (Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow). I just finished Metroid Dread and I don't want to do back to back metroidvanias, so I'll break it up with something else, but Circle is coming up soon.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got Shadow of The Tomb Raider, for $15 it might be worth it.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Finally got Shadow of The Tomb Raider, for $15 it might be worth it.

It's my favorite of the reboot trilogy. It's the least shooty and the most climby and jumpy of the 3 games.

I scooped up Deadly Premonition 2 at 50% off. It's a Swery game, I'm sure it's janky and terrible and that I will love it.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - I wanna listen to the fun banter

Dysmantle (I think it came out of early-access recently) - it was on sale for $13 and sounded like an exploration, combat, crafting/upgrade fest so why not. It's survival but food and sleep are apparently optional, and from gameplay videos I'm guessing it's a little less survival and a little more explore/craft/arpg than most.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/846770/DYSMANTLE/

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

Wasteland Remastered, Last Judgement and Atelier Ryza 2 for me, and Ghost in the Shell mangas for my wife for Xmas. My wallet cries...

Edited by Mamoulian War

I scooped up God Eater 3 on Switch. I've not played any of the previous games, but I've been told that it's essentially Monster Hunter but even more Japanese.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well I broke down and bought the Skyrim special edition, currently on sale. I had the original but from what I could see many of the mods no longer work, so I'm getting this for its mod-ability. Hopefully it's not a waste of money as the original still runs fine.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

6 hours ago, rjshae said:

Well I broke down and bought the Skyrim special edition, currently on sale. I had the original but from what I could see many of the mods no longer work, so I'm getting this for its mod-ability. Hopefully it's not a waste of money as the original still runs fine.

Do you mean the Anniversary edition ? If you only bought  the SE edition upgrade it to the Anniversary. Its a small cost and well worth it and includes 500 Creation Club mods built in and then you can add additional Mods. I recommend the Nexus Mod Manager...you cant go wrong 

But since you investing in this game specifically for Mods the Anniversary edition makes sense :thumbsup:

John Milton 

Slim pickings for me in the current Steam sale. Picked up Disco Elysium (55% off) and Patron, and DLCs for Solasta and Surviving Mars (no, not the horrible recent release).

Most of the games on my Steam wishlist are still in EA, so can't get them. And the games I am truly looking forward to, like Avowed, Starfield, DA4, and inXile's new IP RPG, are a long ways off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Slim pickings for me in the current Steam sale. Picked up Disco Elysium (55% off) and Patron, and DLCs for Solasta and Surviving Mars (no, not the horrible recent release).

Most of the games on my Steam wishlist are still in EA, so can't get them. And the games I am truly looking forward to, like Avowed, Starfield, DA4, and inXile's new IP RPG, are a long ways off.

Thats a good discount for Disco so well done for taking advantage of the sale 

Let us know if you enjoyed it, its one of those games that seems people either loved it or werent that impressed

I mentioned this before but one of my brothers told me that I had to play it  because it literally changed his view on games because he loved it so much. I played it and wanted to love it but the setting wasnt fantasy and I just lost interest. But I think you will enjoy it because you enjoy games that arent necessarily about combat or just fantasy themes 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Katphood said:

-Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness(would really like to know what good ol' @Mamoulian War thinks of this one 😆)

-Prototype: Biohazard Bundle

-Darksiders III

All for the PS4. 

SO5: It has it's own flaws, but I found story more interesting than SO4. But gameplaywise, SO4 was better game. SO5 was released at the same time as FFXV, and I found SO5 to superior game in every single aspect. Also it was for me it little bit less interesting than Tales of Zestiria. Which is highly controversial game, but I have quite enjoyed it. Hope this helps, although my tastes in games can be sometimes pretty controversial as well 😄 As I am one of the 5 people, who also likes FFXIII 😄

• Thanks 1

Crusaders King 3 DLC and Warhammer 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 2 weeks later...