Wot I bought last - a fool and their money mystary edition

ShadySands

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

Bought Mass Effect: Andromeda - Deluxe Edition on Steam.... I may never get around to play it or it may suck badly or whatever. worst case scenario, it was less than 10 dollars, so a loss of about two cappuccinos. Best case scenario, I might actually play through it some day, unlike Dragon Age Inquisition, which is till gathering dust on my drive 😖

It's not as bad as people say.  I finished it and I'm not someone who has to finish every game I play.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gorth said:

less than 10 dollars

loss of about two cappuccinos

Just as I was about to go 🙀 about 5$ for a cuppa coffee I remembered that local hipsta joints charge even more outrageous prices and now am all 😡.

Anyway. Andromeda. If DA:I failed to interest you, chances are Andromeda will too, because it's kind of like reskinned DA:I that's less stupid but blander. Big boring worlds with collect-a-thon crap, respawning MMO-like trash mobs, underwhelming Big Bad, etc., yawn. Can't complain about romance though, it's Bruce's own fault if he goes for the boring, because I romanced the manipulative crime lord who probably started to cheat before Ryder's ship even left the atmosphere and the whole thing was totally engrossing. :biggrin:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Just as I was about to go 🙀 about 5$ for a cuppa coffee I remembered that local hipsta joints charge even more outrageous prices and now am all 😡.

Anyway. Andromeda. If DA:I failed to interest you, chances are Andromeda will too, because it's kind of like reskinned DA:I that's less stupid but blander. Big boring worlds with collect-a-thon crap, respawning MMO-like trash mobs, underwhelming Big Bad, etc., yawn. Can't complain about romance though, it's Bruce's own fault if he goes for the boring, because I romanced the manipulative crime lord who probably started to cheat before Ryder's ship even left the atmosphere and the whole thing was totally engrossing. :biggrin:

I didnt even realize you could Romance the crime lord, thanks for the tip to be more aware for the next ME game 💞

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

The Outer Worlds was on sale on Steam for $20, and the expansions were another $20. Not exactly a huge deal, but I played it on the Gamepass originally so I'm happy to have it added to my steam library for that price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I scooped up The Forgotten City. I had heard of this back when it was a Skyrim mod, but I never actually played it. This was without a doubt the most famous Skyrim mod (yes, somehow even more famous than the nude mods) and it received much acclaim for its quality writing. The team behind the mod formed their own studio and expanded on the mod turning it into a standalone game. Reviews of the game have been overwhelmingly positive, even snarky curmudgeon Yahtzee liked the game (by liked I mean he didn't completely $#!+ on it, which is high praise from him).  Anyway, it's supposed to be combat-light and narrative-heavy, which is right up my alley, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Forgotten City was pretty cool. Exploration, mystery, and time loops are my jam.

My one complaint is how small it felt. But if they make another game like it that's bigger, I'll definitely snatch that up.

• Thanks 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

8 minutes ago, Tale said:

...time loops are my jam.

Same, it's one of the many reasons Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game.

I also have The Sexy Brutale on my radar. That's supposedly another well made time loop mystery game.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

11 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I also have The Sexy Brutale on my radar. That's supposedly another well made time loop mystery game.

Eh, personally I found it to be a great disappointment. I don't get what all excitement was about, but maybe I like puzzles more then other people. Sexy Brutale is... basic, to say the least, with what I would describe as M Night Shyamalan story.

I bought Death Stranding. I want to play it, but also would rather wait for Director's Cut which may/may not come to PC. I bought it now, thinking it is one of few games with support for Dualsense, but as I found out it's for PS only. Oh well, I still have come things to finish before DS becomes a serious contender for the next instal. 

I pre-ordered 12 minutes because I'm scatterbrained and will probably forget it came out if I don't see it in my library. Also because I'm impulsive.

I also bought Dusk + Amid Evil. This is mostly the impulsive thing. Tried a couple levels of Dusk and it were fun. I'm just craving environmental storytelling and a game that doesn't require an entire evening of commitment.

Humankind and D2 remaster. Also looking to grab Pathfinder next. Should be enough for me to have fun for few months. Nothing else on my radar (excemp my friend constantly bothering me to return to Guild wars with new expansion)

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Question, ATOM: RPG worth 8.50 EUR? So far the biggest discount on GOG. Or should I wait for bigger one? I still have a crazy big backlog, so I can wait...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

18 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Question, ATOM: RPG worth 8.50 EUR? So far the biggest discount on GOG. Or should I wait for bigger one? I still have a crazy big backlog, so I can wait...

I liked it quite a lot, but then I have a soft spot for "Fallout 2" that "Atom", er, tributes really hard, also I'm an Eurojank connoisseur. World-building is sort of slightly surreal slavpunk, writing is, well, goofy but in charming way to the point of surreal at places to match the world, that's a pro for me but probably not for everyone, it is also very unbalanced, too RNG-dependent and difficulty is all in spikes. But I liked it anyways. :yes:

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bugarup said:

...snip... World-building is sort of slightly surreal slavpunk ...snip...

Well I think you have sold another copy, I'll have to think hard about it, because as I said, my backlog grows day by day (I have the feeling it grows exponentially 😄 ) I still have few hours of the sale to buy it now, or wait until more suitable time :) But, being a Slav myself, I will have to buy it sooner or later 😄

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Well I think you have sold another copy, I'll have to think hard about it, because as I said, my backlog grows day by day (I have the feeling it grows exponentially 😄 ) I still have few hours of the sale to buy it now, or wait until more suitable time :) But, being a Slav myself, I will have to buy it sooner or later 😄

Mamie we both know this is not even a debate, of course you must support it.....you always support East European games and its also Slav as an added bonus. 

I am considering buying it myself :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bought Gamedec. Luckily I got my bonus, so can blow it on this game.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Bought Gamedec. Luckily I got my bonus, so can blow it on this game.

Per usual, never heard of this one until you mentioned it.  Looking at trailers I heard ... "turning into a cat."  Hmm...  🤔  ;)

I actually like the overall look/graphic style of the game more than that other cyberpunk game. Seems maybe it'll have more story-depth  too, if you get what I mean. Double hmm...well, I'll wishlist it and see what some reviews (and you) say.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I really used the wrong definition of CP at first there...

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 9/2/2021 at 12:24 AM, Mamoulian War said:

I thought it was really bad. writing is absolutely terrible. the few starting quests are really badly designed, which doesn't show the game in a good light. managed to get 5 hours in before calling it quits. honestly, I'd rather replay Fallout 1 and 2 instead.

• Sad 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, after thinking a lot, what to buy and what not, I have skipped ATOM RPG, and purchased Operencia: The Stolen Sun, grid based dungeon crawler, also made in eastern Europe 😛

• Thanks 1

I bought both Witch Queen Deluxe + 30th anniversary and Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.

Why am I wasting money on games I'll likely not play for several months? Because there was a discount, of course. I am a weak man.

• Like 3