Wot I bought last - a fool and their money mystary edition

ShadySands

I bought D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die. Not sure when I'll play it, but it was so cheap on Steam they were virtually giving it away. It's a Swery game, so I can practically guarantee that there will be gameplay aspects that will make me want to break my controller and throw my monitor out of the window, but I will ultimately love the game.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Repurchased The Outer Worlds on GOG, the 50% discount seemed reasonable enough, though I strongly dislike the concept of Season Passes in general (which I did not purchase, because it was not discounted). I was going to replay TOW either way and it seem to be a good reason to do so.

Can't figure out if I want to buy only the base Outer Worlds or the full pack thing.  Not sure I'll even finish the base game....but I do want to check it out at least. Hm.

Edit: also, thanks, thread ... didn't realize/think to check GoG for it.
EditEdit: I wish GoG also had a single-file download for the game vs. only the 13-part method. >.>

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

6 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Repurchased The Outer Worlds on GOG, the 50% discount seemed reasonable enough, though I strongly dislike the concept of Season Passes in general (which I did not purchase, because it was not discounted). I was going to replay TOW either way and it seem to be a good reason to do so.

Did the same, except I bought the season pass aswell.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Can't figure out if I want to buy only the base Outer Worlds or the full pack thing.  Not sure I'll even finish the base game....but I do want to check it out at least. Hm.

Edit: also, thanks, thread ... didn't realize/think to check GoG for it.
EditEdit: I wish GoG also had a single-file download for the game vs. only the 13-part method. >.>

It's very rare that I plough through a game and not lose interest for a second.

The Outer Worlds was such a game, and a fine exception to that rule.

I don't regret buying it at launch, and severely question the motives of those who refused to do so.  Something very fishy about it.

24 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

I don't regret buying it at launch, and severely question the motives of those who refused to do so.  Something very fishy about it.

My not finishing the game comment has no bearing on possible quality of the game.  I just rarely finish ANY game anymore, for various reasons.  Heck 85% of the time I barely play a game past the first early hours, even when I like/enjoy those early hours.  :lol:  Hence I'm rarely in a hurry to buy a game, since I know it's unlikely I'll spend a lot of time with it, anyway.  heh.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

It's very rare that I plough through a game and not lose interest for a second.

The Outer Worlds was such a game, and a fine exception to that rule.

What is fishy about not wanting to touch Epic Store even with a 10-foot pole 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

3 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

What is fishy about not wanting to touch Epic Store even with a 10-foot pole 🤷‍♂️

If they then bought it on GOG, nothing.

If they then bought it on Steam, their Lord and Saviour? A lot :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

If they then bought it on GOG, nothing.

If they then bought it on Steam, their Lord and Saviour? A lot :)

The GoG copy doesn't acknowledge the ps4/dualshock controller (when not using Galaxy, at least).  KB/mouse controls seem simple enough but darnit.  My hands/thumbs really don't like being perched over a KB/m for long.  If I buy it on both GoG and Steam, does that at least put me in neutral Purgatory?  :-

I tried TOW on the Xbox(Xbox gamepass) and thought it was garbage so that's that.

I still haven't played PoE II, or Tyranny but if they don't manage to catch my fancy it means that Obsidian hasn't made anything decent since F:NV.

InXile on the other hand...

Seriously, I can't wait to play Wasteland 3 once I have the time.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

On 10/24/2020 at 6:51 AM, ComradeMaster said:

I don't see anything "fishy" about not wanting to purchase the game through the epic store or rent it through the Microsoft platform. Consumer's choice IMO.

I get my games from GOG or Steam. In that order. Was very happy to see the release on GOG and the -50% discount on top of that, and purchased it on launch day through my preferred platform.

• Like 2

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Now imagine you hadn't liked F:NV.

Makes you wonder why I am on this forum.

Alpha Protocol was such a good game...

Grounded is basically a sequel to Alpha Protocol. You are clearly in Heck's backyard. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Back on topic of Outer Worlds.

I don't regret buying it. (I did use a coupon back then)

I played through it, which I can't say about every game. I did quit Pillars for example.

I do not feel the least bit tempted to play through it again for the DLCs though, so not buying those.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

17 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Back on topic of Outer Worlds.

I don't regret buying it. (I did use a coupon back then)

I played through it, which I can't say about every game. I did quit Pillars for example.

I do not feel the least bit tempted to play through it again for the DLCs though, so not buying those.

Outer Worlds struck me as a game that I will probably go back to waaay down the line. I need enough time to really forget the storylines. It was a fairly linear game. I think a lot of that comes down to the scope of it, as it was a pretty small universe. The DLC will help whenever I do go back, but I'd rather have them all be done, so another reason to wait.

But I also don't think every game needs to be constantly replayable. I think a lot of games sacrifice narrative strength to cater to replayability. 

I shelved my Outer Worlds run with the expectation of buying a new video card soon, i.e. within a few months. Well, it's over a year since then and I haven't upgraded a thing, and I will not be doing so until next year. May as well wait for the Gold HD edition now before going back I suppose.

On topic, my last purchase was a microtransaction for Picross Touch on Android. 3600 more puzzles for about $4 isn't too bad I suppose, at a little over 0.1 cents apiece. The main problem though is that the puzzles are evenly divided into board sizes of 5x5, 10x10, 15x15, and 20x20 size boards. The first category is too trivial to be fun, and the last one is virtually unplayable on a phone - at least my phone which is unusually narrow. Being a 21:9 6" display, everything on it actually displays smaller than it did on my previous 5.2" phone which had a conventional 16:9 display. As a consequence, I'm only actually able to play half of the puzzles, but still, $4.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I haven't gotten any farther in OW than the intro stuff, not because of any judgements but because I'm easily distracted and fickle lately.  It is the first Obsidian game I've purchased since Pillars 1 tho.  After Pillars I lost interest in similar styled rpg games.  I've considered Grounded but the visual style doesn't suit me that much for some reason, it's not complete yet, and I'm tired of survival/base-building games as well. Avowed might be something to perk my interest tho.  Maybe, need more info first ofc.

Also on topic:  I bought that silly be a cat game because it was very cheap, I was bored, and cats.  And the Taiwanese RPG Xuan-Yuan Sword 7 that I posted about elsewhere, which for $35 was worth a shot and I'm liking it quite a lot.

9 hours ago, melkathi said:

Now imagine you hadn't liked F:NV.

Makes you wonder why I am on this forum.

Alpha Protocol was such a good game...

I bet it’s because of the lovely community members like SonicMage or StupidSeal, which keep you around, isn’t it? 😛

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

42 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

I bet it’s because of the lovely community member SonicMage117/StupidSeal, who keeps you around, isn’t it? 😛

Fixed that for you. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

22 hours ago, Lorfean said:

I don't see anything "fishy" about not wanting to purchase the game through the epic store or rent it through the Microsoft platform. Consumer's choice IMO.

My issue with Epic store is that they show no respect to potential customers during early days of drama. I can't say no to free games, but I wish to keep truthful to my no epic purchase ever pledge.