What are effects that can increase general PL ?

Nature God-Like / Death God-Like 

Potion of Ascension / Stone of Power 

Prestige - but only available for single class 

SC Character - more PL

anything else out there ? or thats it ?

Also does generic PL enhance summoned weapons ? or summoned weapons only scale by character level ?

Off the top of my head:

• Lance of the Midwood Stag: +2 PL (enchantment "Lord of the Forest", pike)
  • Acute: +1 PL (e.g. Fighter's Tactical Barrage or Priest's Liturgy for the Mind and some items)
  • Brilliant: +1 PL (just an upgrade of Acute - Tactician, Cipher or some items)
  • Shark Soup (food, +1)
  • Hot Razor Skewers (food, +1)
  • Smoked Rib Rack (food, +1)
  • Mountainous Ooze Droppings (trinket, +4, 1/rest)
  • Helfire Ironclad's Core (trinket, +2, 1/rest)
  • Deck of Endless Possibilities (quickslot item, +2 - but random)

Summoned stuff (also creatures, not only weapons): PL only raises the summoning duration of summonings. The rest is governed by character level. Same with Animal Companion. No idea why. Only weapons that scale with PL are Transcendent Suffering (every 2) and Monastic Unarmed Training (every 3).

Lance of the Midwood Stag is a pretty decent item because of that (for example for a Druid who doesn't want to specialize in shock/storms or beast/plant). But you have to have something like Woodskin or Form of the Delemgan in the party arsenal to unlock it reliably and constantly. Or cast Tanglefoot or Binding Roots etc. on yourself... ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Off the top of my head:

• Lance of the Midwood Stag: +2 PL (enchantment "Lord of the Forest", pike)
  • Acute: +1 PL (e.g. Fighter's Tactical Barrage or Priest's Liturgy for the Mind and some items)
  • Brilliant: +1 PL (just an upgrade of Acute - Tactician, Cipher or some items)
  • Shark Soup (food, +1)
  • Hot Razor Skewers (food, +1)
  • Smoked Rib Rack (food, +1)
  • Mountainous Ooze Droppings (trinket, +4, 1/rest)
  • Helfire Ironclad's Core (trinket, +2, 1/rest)
  • Deck of Endless Possibilities (quickslot item, +2 - but random)

Summoned stuff (also creatures, not only weapons): PL only raises the summoning duration of summonings. The rest is governed by character level. Same with Animal Companion. No idea why. Only weapons that scale with PL are Transcendent Suffering (every 2) and Monastic Unarmed Training (every 3).

Lance of the Midwood Stag is a pretty decent item because of that (for example for a Druid who doesn't want to specialize in shock/storms or beast/plant). But you have to have something like Woodskin or Form of the Delemgan in the party arsenal to unlock it reliably and constantly. Or cast Tanglefoot or Binding Roots etc. on yourself... ;)

But does lance, food , brilliant even trinket+2 stack with the potion which gives +2 ?

The PL of the Lance stacks with everything. Usually if it's from items (also: trinkets) it will stack. Same with passives like Wellspring of Life.

I don't know if or when potions or food get suppressed (I almost never use them).

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 12:39 PM, Boeroer said:

I don't know if or when potions or food get suppressed (I almost never use them).

All potions and food are considered active bonuses (with a caveat) so they don't stack with other active bonuses. However, corpse-eater food bonus appears to be set up so its gated for just corpse-eater - this also means it stacks with other active bonuses because it's a different type of bonus.

The big caveat is that a save/load cycle appears to change the status of a long-lived food/rest bonus from being "active" to "passive" so you can force food bonuses to stack. So technically you can stack food/rest bonuses like this, though it's up to the player to decide whether or not this is legit.

39 minutes ago, thelee said:

All potions and food are considered active bonuses (with a caveat) so they don't stack with other active bonuses. However, corpse-eater food bonus appears to be set up so its gated for just corpse-eater - this also means it stacks with other active bonuses because it's a different type of bonus.

The big caveat is that a save/load cycle appears to change the status of a long-lived food/rest bonus from being "active" to "passive" so you can force food bonuses to stack. So technically you can stack food/rest bonuses like this, though it's up to the player to decide whether or not this is legit.

So basically Potion of Ascension +2 will overwrite pretty much everything that is not : Racial passives of Death/Nature god-likes , Lance of Midwood stag proc , passive Prestige talent, and then potion itself would get overwritten by the +4 trinket correct ? 

2 hours ago, 3x0du5 said:

So basically Potion of Ascension +2 will overwrite pretty much everything that is not : Racial passives of Death/Nature god-likes , Lance of Midwood stag proc , passive Prestige talent, and then potion itself would get overwritten by the +4 trinket correct ? 

yeah that sounds about right - depending on how the trinket is implemented. IIRC (boeroer probably remembers better) that stone of power is an "active" bonus that still stacks for +1 PL (items are sometimes weird like that). The ooze trinket might also stack.

Stuff that is directly put on items usually stacks with everything. You know - like +2 INT on a helmet stacks with everything. With active abilites which are put on items (like you get an ability into your action bar and have to trigger it manually) it might be different. You'd have to test yourself - or find somebody who knows for sure. I suspect that those trinkets will give you a stacking PL bonus. 

I can try via console when I play next time (if I don't forget about it in the meantime)...

Honestly trinkets from mega bosses dont matter too much, i was just looking for easy ways to bump PL and its kinda weird that stone of power stacks with other active pl bonusses but its also something i can use from early game together with the potion so i basically know what i wanted to know now also because potion replaces most of smaller pl buffs you kinda dont have to worry about them and just drink the potion  😂 thanks for the input everyone