Guardian of Ukaizo and Scyorielaphas

Yes, you can. You need to skill up a certain skill (forgot which one), to free the dragon. Just look around in the room and read what you need, then leave the room and reskill your character in the bathhouse. Skill the skill as high as you need and come back. Don't worry, you can reskill your character again. With this exploit you should free the dragon, if your skill-level isn't already high enough.

If you completely free him: I don't think so.

But iirc if you make that compromise (dragon can go but he leaves enough essence for the Watershapers) he will not help you later and thus you should be able to fight the Guardian of Ukaizo. I did that apporach some time ago and several other (completed and non-completed) playthroughs have passed, so I may be wrong. 

The needed dialogue checks for achieving that compromise can be found here:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Shadow_Under_Neketaka

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I just consoled it into my game and shot it with a lvl-20 char wielding the Red Hand (with Double Tap) and it didn't explode. Tried several times. So I guess the answer is no. :)

Either its level is too high (above 20) or it got some immunity against this effect. It is a vessel though. Yuu can hit it with vessel-only abilities like Screaming Souls or Light of Pure Zeal.

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

When I first played the game (June 2018), I freed the dragon without trapping a part of its essence, and I got to fight the Guardian at the harbor even though the dragon assisted me during the scripted sequence. In my current playthrough, I freed the dragon after trapping a part of its essence with the 'Metaphysics' check, and I didn't even encounter the Guardian (I still got the assist during the scripted sequence).

Are we sure that Scyorielaphas is supposed to prevent the Guardian from showing up, or is it just a bug? It didn't work this way when the game was released, so it was either broken then or it's broken now.

• 4 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 8:20 AM, Boeroer said:

If you completely free him: I don't think so.

But iirc if you make that compromise (dragon can go but he leaves enough essence for the Watershapers) he will not help you later and thus you should be able to fight the Guardian of Ukaizo. I did that apporach some time ago and several other (completed and non-completed) playthroughs have passed, so I may be wrong. 

The needed dialogue checks for achieving that compromise can be found here:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Shadow_Under_Neketaka

I helped Scyorielaphas and the Huana, with Metaphysic (kept a bit of his soul) for the Huanas, and I was eager to meet this poor Guardian of Ukaizo, but when i approached Ukaizo he appeared, and Scyorielaphas  helped me and told me rush to Ukaizo. I remember an option to use cannon in the scripted interaction before our dragon friend appear, but i used the other one (Benevolent) i should think, and no fight...
In this gameplay i done the same with Scyorielaphas, but will use canon against Ukaizo guardian to see if i can fight him... i really hope there is another choice than release Scyorielaphas or fight Ukaizo Guardian...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...