What are you playing now: The New Thread

Amentep

35 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Yeeeeaaahhh... I dunno. I'm interpreting that as "we are trying to handle homosexuality in the game more realistically than other games" ... and I'd say that succeeded. I never felt it to be over the top, because nobody is beating this into you unless you ask for it (ask the NPCs I mean).

Yes? I semi-quoted a statement of hers, never said she was hardcore pushing SJW propaganda? She wanted gay characters in the game as opposed to bisexuals or playersexuals whose point was to be romanceable by any PC. Which is exactly what Obsidian did.

Playersexual characters (for example DA2) always bothered me. Sexuality isn't important to me, but having it player dependent reduces the npcs to ... not sure what to, but something.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

51 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Playersexual characters (for example DA2) always bothered me. Sexuality isn't important to me, but having it player dependent reduces the npcs to ... not sure what to, but something.

Yeah, that was dumb.  If you're going to have a straight NPC, fine.  If you're going to have a gay NPC, fine.  Don't make their sexual preference change on a dime depending on what gender the PC is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

sexual fluid is bad now? I thought its in this year

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

I generally prefer bisexual or non-romanceable companions. Unless their sexuality somehow referenced in the story, it is pretty much pointless to specify it.

Spoiler

I'd rather not to go into the stigmatization of bisexual people, gender expression or how societal pressure (usually not presented in fantasy/sci-fi/cyberpunk setting) affects SO.

My 3rd PT of GreedFall is going well and I hope to acquire the unique faction weapons and the reputation bonus equipment this time. The melee build is more fun to play, than the firearms-focused one, but it requires more attention in combat, because bosses still can deplete my HP in 2 good hits.

• Like 1

While waiting for Resi Revelations 2 to download (takes a long time on random wifi connections) I'm pushing on in my Code Vein NG+ run. It's really tough going but I'm making progress. 4 bosses defeated, many more to go.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I couldn't care less what they do with the sexuality of the characters.  I mean, after a while you'd figure it'd be insulting to women if all the high powered people have to be chicks.  It's downright condescending.  Fun fact, condescending used to mean something good a few hundred years back.  More or less it meant not to put yourself above someone.  I'm sorry if my explanation sounded patronizing.

Anyhow, I'm level 12 in The Outer Worlds.  It's truly an addictive game.  Unlike my usual playstyle, I'm actually lying quite a bit.  I even used intimidate once.  Usually I'm a goody-two-shoes.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still playing a good guy, but I'm cutting the crap and just getting things done  Won't kill anyone who isn't trying to kill me, but I'm playing this one more Han Solo style than Obi Wan Kenobi.

"Not for the sake of much time..."

3 hours ago, MedicineDan said:

I couldn't care less what they do with the sexuality of the characters.  I mean, after a while you'd figure it'd be insulting to women if all the high powered people have to be chicks.  It's downright condescending.  Fun fact, condescending used to mean something good a few hundred years back.  More or less it meant not to put yourself above someone.  I'm sorry if my explanation sounded patronizing.

Anyhow, I'm level 12 in The Outer Worlds.  It's truly an addictive game.  Unlike my usual playstyle, I'm actually lying quite a bit.  I even used intimidate once.  Usually I'm a goody-two-shoes.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still playing a good guy, but I'm cutting the crap and just getting things done  Won't kill anyone who isn't trying to kill me, but I'm playing this one more Han Solo style than Obi Wan Kenobi.

The dialogue skill tree can be a bit of a cheat code as you get higher.  I maxed mine out and I can talk my way out of so much stuff that I feel sorry for anyone who didn't bother to put much skill points into these.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

First 4 hours of STASIS behind me. The atmosphere is pretty grim and few of the things, I've encountered were pretty gross. After very long time, it is the first adventure game I play, and my third horror game, after Elvira 1 and 2 from Accolade like 2 billions years ago. I have died three times so far, Most of the item puzzles are very intuitive, but I had to get external help with two of them.

And yes I know my microphone volume is to low. I need to tinker with its setting little bit more :(

Edited by Mamoulian War
Added link to part 1.
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm roughly 1/3 of the way through my NG+ run in Code Vein. I have defeated 6 bosses of 17 (at least 1 of those is optional). I'm having to grind levels more than I did in the standard run to try to offset my gear not scaling at all. The last third of the game is going to be especially rough.

I'm also trying to get the true ending this time around. The game has 3 endings: bad, neutral, and true. I got the neutral ending the first time through. If I manage to beat NG+, and that's a big if, I highly doubt I'll attempt NG+2 and go for the bad ending. It will be miraculous enough if I manage to beat NG+. I have no idea how people manage NG+6. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished one play through of the Outer Worlds.  I've started up another.  Gonna try out different options and siding with different factions than my first time.

Hopefully this time I don't run into that companion quest breaking bug and can actually finish all my companion quests.

Exactly at midnight I have finished STASIS: Deluxe Edition from GOG, and I have to say, this was one of the best gaming deals this year. The atmosphere was really tense during the whole 10 hours of gameplay and the ending was unexpected. Some item puzzles were harder to crack, but 90% of the time, they were intuitive to solve. Can't say more, because I would spoil it for you, but if you like Horrors and Point-and-Click Adventures, I can only recommend this to you.

I have enjoyed the game so much, that I have purchased the deluxe content for the developers second game in the same universe called Cayne. This one, will be my next game to play for sure.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Exactly at midnight I have finished STASIS: Deluxe Edition from GOG, and I have to say, this was one of the best gaming deals this year. The atmosphere was really tense during the whole 10 hours of gameplay and the ending was unexpected. Some item puzzles were harder to crack, but 90% of the time, they were intuitive to solve. Can't say more, because I would spoil it for you, but if you like Horrors and Point-and-Click Adventures, I can only recommend this to you.

I have enjoyed the game so much, that I have purchased the deluxe content for the developers second game in the same universe called Cayne. This one, will be my next game to play for sure.

Looks boring, despite the well done 2d art.

Plugging along in Witcher 3, not levelling my Aerondight up enough - losing stacks from getting hit once or so.  Sure is fun playing with Griffin gear and Aard, somehow managed to blow a guy into 2 pieces with one attack, hah.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

GreedFall. Completed my third (and likely the last) playthrough. Failed to acquire the unique equipment of the factions. I am not sure what is the trigger for the leaders to turn down the request for soldiers. But I've managed to collect all professor Serafeddin's notes.

Still blundering about BG2 with several different party configurations. Gotta say the game is too big for the current me and I'm so burnt out with the party that finally reached the elf city I only want to Diabloclick through.

On a sligthly related note, I cannot take a monster seriously if it looks like a cat in a beret.

On my second play through of the Outer Worlds, decided to opt for a different option with regards to who side with in the main quest.  Pleasantly surprised that I ended up getting a whole new quest, and a whole new meeting with an important NPC that I didn't get the first time through.

This part, anyway, makes it really feel like the choice you make can provide a (we'll see how much) different experience.

BL3 - Normal/Mayhem 3 is largely cake and pie, with Legendaries falling left and right.  Tried to get another class through the story and grew bored 1/4 of the way through. Thought about putting my lvl50 Flak through TVHM but have a feeling it won't happen. For me at least, almost zero replayability.

And there are still so many small bugs, I notice more and more. Hubby had a grenade that seemed to regenerate grenades with damage/use, but it didn't work at all for me. Chests stay "open" for me for ages/days while hubby's chr. they're closed/farmable every single reload. From what I read this seems a common glitch where some think it's normal for chests to have a timer and others saying their chrs. never have a timer ... it doesn't matter since gear is so abundant just from drops but whatever. Lots of little stuff like that.

If there's a BL4, I think I won't be buying it until it's $15.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still plugging away at Outer Worlds.  I used Intimidation again.  I'm liking my Han Solo run.  I invested in dialogue skills hot and heavy from character creation and have not regretted it since.  Fast talking gunslinger in any Falloutesque game I play.  Always great fun.

• Like 1

Beat the 9th mission in Tropico 6 - boy was it easy, but I did it suboptimally I guess.  Noticed that only 5% of the people who bought it on Steam have done so, wondering if people play other modes or just don't play the game at all

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Outer Worlds is great fun.  I'm pretty much done with Monarch.  The story isn't exactly worthy of the Bard, but the gameplay is wonderful.  I disagree with a previous poster who said that it was what Fallout should have been.  ...At least none of the Fallouts I've played, even the D.C. one.  It's certainly no New Vegas.  ...But it's a fun game.  Addictive.  Light-hearted.  Fun for its own sake.

It's going to be a looooong time before I can play TOW and restartitis is killing my ability to finish Deus Ex so I've been going through the Bioshock series in order of release. I finished the original (remastered) last weekend with a fire-based build and completed a full savior run. It's aged well, and it was nice to finally play it at a high frame rate (on release my narmy HP usually hit a buttery smooth 27 fps).

As for right now right now, I'm about 3/4 through Bioshock 2 Remasterd and have been enjoying the hell out of it. The story isn't as strong or memorable as the first, and certain elements like Sofia Lamb's character and the Eleanor communiques feel ham-fisted, but holy crow is the gameplay phenomenal. Compared to the original, it feels smoother and more responsive, and it cuts out a lot of the fat that stifled the original's pacing (namely pipe hacking and swapping between weapons and plasmids).

There's such a wide variety of builds and playstyles to choose from, and plenty of tricks to keep a build junkie like me entertained for future playthroughs. Currently I'm playing a "Big Frosty" build that runs around freezing and bashing/drilling everything to gory, slushy pieces. I'm using a gene tonic that disables ranged weaponry but significantly lowers EVE usage - not a big deal when I can summon three security bots.

My favorite aspect is setting up traps and combining different effects into sequences, and I adore the Cyclone Trap plasmid - forming a lattice of tripwires and/or trap rivets and propelling a foe into them is good fun. At level 2, you can charge it with other plasmids (and their upgrades) for some sick combos like Electrobolt in water, Incinerate! near oil slicks, or hive grenades via Insect Swarm (that also turn enemy corpses into proxy mines). Add the Scout plasmid that lets you hack and use plasmids as an invisible, astral form, and you can cause capital chaos in short order. :)

With all this freedom and flexibility, I'm not looking forward to Infinite. 😛

I defeated the Successor of the Breath boss in my Code Vein NG+ run. That's 2 of the 4 successors defeated. I've also attempted Queen's Knight a bunch of times. That boss is optional, so I don't have to defeat him, but I've come pretty close a number of times. I'll keep periodically trying that battle as I progress through the second half of the game, eventually I should be strong enough to defeat him, or I'll actually do the battle clean enough to get the job done. I know how to dodge all of his attacks and when my best opportunities to get in and do damage are, it's just hard at my skill level to not screw it up, especially in phase 3 when he moves really fast.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸