What are you playing now: The New Thread

Amentep

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

@melkathi I choose to believe the average Obsidianite is a middle-aged male nihilistic depraved occultist.

Oi, who're you calling "middle aged" ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I vote for Old Female Humanistic Soldier

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Are you 30 yet? That's middle aged. I mean, when you think about it, 30-40 is halfway through your typical lifespan. So yay. 👍

Reality is what you accept.

Legally middle age starts once you hit 28, apparently. That's when in the architects' association/guild they told me I wasn't eligible anymore to vote for the young engineers committees. My reply was, now that you called me old, I wouldn't have voted for you anyway.

• Haha 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I still don't quite quality for senior-citizen discounts, so I am still middle-aged. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. **

**general store/eatery/service accounts, I think AARP would take me now but I don't care about them so they don't count! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

16 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Seems kind of like the fast travel points - there might be 1-3 sidequests per main mission area.
I got to the 1st planet w/my main Fl4k and following that lady to meet Ryhs there was the med supplies, revenge, get us coffee, and another side quest ! mark in the area right after meeting Rhys that I didn't bother to look at yet. Tbh I always thought BL2 had way too many sidequests but it's a tad sparse in BL3 if you don't include Hammerlock, logs, Claptrap like you said.

I got my 1st Legendary out of a lowly fridge - a lvl4 grenade mod on yet another new chr. Ha. Ha. Edit: I could do without the massive orange glow indicator when you find one and the "ding" sound.

I've gotten two legendary weapons so far.  A rocket launcher that carpets an entire area with that corrosive damage, and a submachine gun that can do both shock and corrosive damage.  One I got after beating a boss, the other ... I honestly can't remember.  Maybe it was another boss?  Or sidequest boss?

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Mafia 2, must say wonder how any mafia can operate with the cops in this game, trying to shake them after a chase and an almost comical number of patrol cars kept finding me.  Last failure was running to the payphone to bribe them off me and a cop car rolls right by, hah. 

After 3 years long break, I have finaly finished my Grand Campaign of Crusader Kings Complete from GOG. In 2015, I have started as one of the smallest counties in Kingdom of Hungary, as a Count of Gemer. Due to carefull planning of marriages, I have became 31 years later the new Duke of Nyitra, and 6 more years later in 1105, the almighty King of Hungary. After that, I have slowly expanded my realm to the east and south, with occasional special marriages, to get the possibility for my children to inherit other Counties and Dukedoms. 347 years later, after I've defeated Golden Horde, Bulgars and other heathens, and had few struggles with infidels of Byzantium, I had became King of another 7 countries. I've became King of Hungary, Bohemia, Khazaria, Burgundy, Croatia, Georgia, Sicily and Rus. My kingdom had 102 direct vassals and 197 counts, dukes, bishops, and archbishops under my command. Some of them rebelious some of them loyal, but the Kingdom overcame few of their revolts and had a potential to grow more but the end of the game in 1452 came faster than I thought 😛

• Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

More BL3.  I don't know if it's just more familiarity with the game, but I found the last two "region bosses" much easier to beat than the stupid one earlier on Athenas?  Plus that side quest boss that shoots area affect shock damage.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I do not like the first area/round of Prometheus planet. Actually, what I don't like is too much focus on car spawns meaning I can't explore in peace half the time. The "improved" UI still sucks, too busy/too many clicks, (like how many key presses to FT once you get the ship, for god's sake,). The controller aiming still sucks even if you fiddle with the "dead zone" settings. So at level 14 and able to go to the next planet my feelings thus far go like this:

BL1 - 96/100 (because I like its SP and sniping play a lot more)
BL2 - 91/100 (because it's great MP)
BL3 - 79/100 (could change a little later)
TPS - 60/100

I think I've had about enough for now tho. I find myself more irritated by a lot of design/interface decisions (and the UI lagfest) than enjoying at the moment.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

I do not like the first area/round of Prometheus planet. Actually, what I don't like is too much focus on car spawns meaning I can't explore in peace half the time. The "improved" UI still sucks, too busy/too many clicks, (like how many key presses to FT once you get the ship, for god's sake,). The controller aiming still sucks even if you fiddle with the "dead zone" settings. So at level 14 and able to go to the next planet my feelings thus far go like this:

BL1 - 96/100 (because I like its SP and sniping play a lot more)
BL2 - 91/100 (because it's great MP)
BL3 - 79/100 (could change a little later)
TPS - 60/100

I think I've had about enough for now tho. I find myself more irritated by a lot of design/interface decisions (and the UI lagfest) than enjoying at the moment.

It does feel as though some of these maps, the developers want you to use vehicles all the time.  Personally not a fan of them.  I like hiking around on foot as I seem to miss a bunch of stuff driving around.

I'm up to Level 26 now.  Haven't decided if I'm going to take on Killavolt yet or not.  That boss fight annoyed me to no end.  I don't know how much frustration I could take if I still can't beat him even at what should now be an "overpowered" level to face him at.

Nihilistic is a must and I vote for middle aged psychiatrist or philosopher and name him Nietzsche and be done with it

• Gasp! 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

5 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Nihilistic is a must and I vote for middle aged psychiatrist or philosopher and name him Nietzsche and be done with it

"Man or Innsmouth-Man?" - Nietzsche, Also sprach Shub-Niggurath 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I told myself I wouldn't indulge in Crying Suns until I finished some other stuff. And I'm a complete liar.

It's lots of fun. Anyone who compares it to FTL is encouraged to see me and my hands after class on the playground. Because this one's actually fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ok, I'll be there.  With a machete.

Finished Mafia 2.  Ending was kinda meh, but overall was a fun game.  Now on to the DLCs.

Completed GreedFall. Despite some railroading in the last few main quests, there was enough freedom of choice in the end.

Spoiler

Though, it was the same kind of choice as in Mars: War Logs and Bound by Flame - someone's going to get hurt, but you can pick who.

More BL3.  The boss fight in the Jakobs manor was ... weird.  I kept getting one-shot killed by an attack I'm still not even sure the enemy was using.  Thank God for the last stand ability and my mech.

Had a difficult session of "Inventory Tetris" minigame in "Baldur's Gate 2", where I got dragged into encounter a bit...pft, waaaaayyyyy over my low level head, decided to go with it anyway, killed half a party and had to drag their stuff back with minimal losses because it happened in the place of no return. Good bye, my bolts+1 and wand of summon monsters, remaining charge:1, I will never forget you. 😥 

• Gasp! 1

8 hours ago, bugarup said:

Had a difficult session of "Inventory Tetris" minigame in "Baldur's Gate 2", where I got dragged into encounter a bit...pft, waaaaayyyyy over my low level head, decided to go with it anyway, killed half a party and had to drag their stuff back with minimal losses because it happened in the place of no return. Good bye, my bolts+1 and wand of summon monsters, remaining charge:1, I will never forget you. 😥 

such a loss!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"