Sign in to follow this  
megablast2

PoE3 or Tyranny2?

I'd say the odds are very good we will see more in the PoE setting, as it is an original IP that they have complete control . It is probably unlikely we see another Tyranny, since Paradox would need to be involved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What about NwN3? I seriously believe Obsidian should campaign for it with WotC (while also making PoE3 obviously). :)

Perhaps we'll be seeing the technology and interface used for developing Outer Worlds fed back into their fantasy settings? I could imagine they'd want to try a FPS Pillars setting game, for example.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

5 hours ago, rjshae said:

Perhaps we'll be seeing the technology and interface used for developing Outer Worlds fed back into their fantasy settings? I could imagine they'd want to try a FPS Pillars setting game, for example.

Probably, though I'd hope they'd save that for either a spin-off or a follow up series. I don't feel like the Watcher's story is done and I think that story belongs as a top down party based rpg.

To the original question: there will be another Pillars game if only because it is one of the only two IPs that Obsidian owns. It would be nice if Microsoft offered to by Tyranny from Paradox, but to the best of my knowledge, that hasn't happened (and Microsoft might not be too eager as Tyranny didn't sell well).

Edited by the_dog_days

I wouldn't mind a top down aRPG. I cant into first person, and if Im being honest with myself and PoE is any indication, I cant into dense RPG's either.

image,Gfted1,black,red.png

I have not tried it and its sitting in my Steam library gathering dust. Even though you guys have stated that the timer thing is no big deal, the whole Sword of Damocles is a major turn off for me. It wasn't the text in PoE that killed it, its just that Im too damn stoopid to wrap my brain around the system. 

• Like 1

image,Gfted1,black,red.png

As once William Shakespeare said "What is in a name?" so I don't care what if Obsidian create POE3, Tyranny 2 or TOW2.

I only care if they can still create the worlds and stories which are so immersive that we spent multiple of hours. 

• Like 2

Hopefully, we will hear soon something about PoE3. Tyrannys story for me ended after one game. The story was finished, everything else would just be padding. But with PoE I think, that there is still enough room for another game left.

I can't imagine Obsidian is going to collaborate with other publishers again as long as they're under the Xbox Game Studios umbrella. So, while a Tyranny 2 is possible, I guess, I can't imagine it would be developed by Obsidian.