PoE3 or Tyranny2?

megablast2

Perhaps we'll be seeing the technology and interface used for developing Outer Worlds fed back into their fantasy settings? I could imagine they'd want to try a FPS Pillars setting game, for example.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

5 hours ago, rjshae said:

Perhaps we'll be seeing the technology and interface used for developing Outer Worlds fed back into their fantasy settings? I could imagine they'd want to try a FPS Pillars setting game, for example.

Probably, though I'd hope they'd save that for either a spin-off or a follow up series. I don't feel like the Watcher's story is done and I think that story belongs as a top down party based rpg.

To the original question: there will be another Pillars game if only because it is one of the only two IPs that Obsidian owns. It would be nice if Microsoft offered to by Tyranny from Paradox, but to the best of my knowledge, that hasn't happened (and Microsoft might not be too eager as Tyranny didn't sell well).

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 1

I have not tried it and its sitting in my Steam library gathering dust. Even though you guys have stated that the timer thing is no big deal, the whole Sword of Damocles is a major turn off for me. It wasn't the text in PoE that killed it, its just that Im too damn stoopid to wrap my brain around the system. 

• Like 1

I just realized i'm not interested in any of these. Well, probably, if Tim were to work on a true Fallout again (after a good samaritan bomb Bethesda), i would change my mind. One could say, it's just a post apo universe, and there are others, but there is something you could find in the good old Fallout that definitely defined a genre, and were never ever reproduced or equaled. Aside, maybe, if you consider New vegas. I like Wasteland universe too, but It can't compare to Fallout 1 and 2. Hell, i will never forget this sore ass of a Brotherhood guy who sent me to this crappy radioactive hole, certain i would die (and i did, once), in order to get rid of me. And to begin with, the moment i understood i may need a rope and had none with me at the moment, i wanted to hand over his ass to him to pay him back for the hole in my shoes i got after back tracking to town. Still, great fun.

Edited by Abel

• 1 month later...

I doubt Tyranny 2 since it's paradox and Obsidian isn't indie anymore. I hope they continue the Isometric Pillars as a way to drive PC gamepass with exclusive content and do a big AAA game in Eora as a separate franchise for Xbox. 

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 months later...

POE3 would be fine, it feels that there needs to be the final chapter of epic trylogy.

But if Deadfire was financial disaster putting whole company at risk then maybe not.

Maybe TOW2 would be better.

Or probe the waters with some other IP, and then if hit expand in that way.

• 2 months later...