Hello there fellas,

I was theorycrafting for fun, and I thought it'd be cool to have an avenger themed party. What do you guys think ? Bear with me it'll be fun :)

The aim is to recreate the avengers with Deadfire's classes and multiclasses.

- Thor, for instance, would be a devoted/fury: devoted to maces, fury for the lightnings and all.
- Captain America would be paladin, I guess, inspiring the rest of the party while beeing steadfast, protecting them by beeing the tank and the leader.
- Hulk would be barbarian berserker. Maybe add some shifter into the mix ? For his transformation. Although I think solo barbarian would fit better.
- Dr Strange will clearly be a wizard.
- Scarlet Witch is what I think Cipher would be. Telekinetic, hexes, debuffs... affecting magic.
- Hawkeye is a tricky one. He could be ghost heart as well as a ranged rogue.
- Black Widow is clearly an assassin
- Spidey is a rogue too.
- Iron Man, I don't quite know where he would fit...

What do you guys think ? Would you change things around ?

Iron Man: Some form of Barbarian/Monk? Barbarian for leaps (fake flight), monk for punches.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

disclaimer: i only know about avengers from casually watching the movies.

5 hours ago, Taldan35 said:

- Thor, for instance, would be a devoted/fury: devoted to maces, fury for the lightnings and all.

shouldn't it be war hammers, that poor neglected category of weapon? (edit - whoops, missed that Jayd already mentioned this) (Too bad there's no Crom Faeyr-style weapon like from BG2, that would be perfect). Also, if there was ever a RP build for the deltro's shock combo, here it is.

- Hulk would be barbarian berserker. Maybe add some shifter into the mix ? For his transformation. Although I think solo barbarian would fit better.

I think early MCU hulk is berserker, maybe even a berserker with that unique weapon that randomly frenzies you. I think late MCU hulk is a druid of some sort, since in Endgame he's basically perma-hulk mode and doing stuff, which sounds a little bit like an ancient or animist (not shifter since you can't do anything other than smash while shifted). Maybe an animist + some priest so you can salvation of time cat flurry mode.

- Hawkeye is a tricky one. He could be ghost heart as well as a ranged rogue.

yeah this is weird, because hawkeye doesn't really have any kind of companion, but the insane accuracy a ranger+companion gets would fit with hawkeye better. I guess you could consider the ghost heart spirit animal sort of a "second sight" to help aiming instead of a real animal companion.

what about ant man? black panther? edit - actually, maybe black panther should be the shifter, especially with cat form. i have no idea how you could represent ant man in deadfire though.

Edited by thelee

41 minutes ago, omgFIREBALLS said:

Iron Man: Some form of Barbarian/Monk? Barbarian for leaps (fake flight), monk for punches.

i think pure monk would do it - monk has a Flagellant's Path/Launching Kick which is sort of like a fake flight. Plus you end up with way better punches when single-classed.

Edited by thelee

I think Wolverine would be a dual-wielding rogue for sure, for some reason I see Spiderman more as a Battle Mage - Devoted/Conjurer for binding web ....

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Based on their fighting styles:

Hulk could be berserker/streetfighter (or helwalker/streetfighter later) using potions of Form of the Fearsome Brute.

Ironman could be devoted/mage casting missiles and beam spells.

Cpt could be monk/paladin using Tuotilo's Palm.

Hawkeye could be devoted/ghostheart using Frostseeker.

Thor could be devoted/monk using 2h axe (1h hammer sucks) and Instruments of Pain.

Spiderman could be monk/rogue using Binding Web scrolls.

Captain America could use Nerian's Ward and wear Hearth Defender's Scale. They look great together and the enchantmens fit the theme. They are not blue and white though. Nomad's Brigandine with a padded cap would be an option if you are looking for that blue/while color scheme instead. Bronlar's Phalanx would also be a good fit - albeit a tad too big maybe. Captain America's fighting style is like fist + bashing shield, true. But I don't know if the Monk theme fits too well. Tuotilo's Palm is also a bit small. Cpt. America is a soldier. So for me he would need to be a SC Fighter. Devoted (medium shield) would make total sense if it would do anything... But Unbroken is also a good fit. Protecting allies, getting back up again and again. Highest Resolve... and Monastic Unarmed Training. It's not bad at all if you stack enough Power Levels (Tactical Barrage + Prestige and Stone of Power already give you an additional fist scaling level). I could also settle for Unbroken/Shieldbearer Crusader.

Thor must be part Fury. Berserker/Fury might be best for his storm spells. It would make his storm spells penetrate like crazy (+4 PEN) if he also took Heart of the Storm - which he obviously has to. Of course he would pick Lord Darryn's Voulge as Stormbreaker. That thing does indeed "break" storms in Deadfire (sail into a storm at seee what happens) and it gives you +3 PL to... storms. Huh? How fitting. also Pollaxes are hammers/axes combined like Stormbreaker. They do crush and slash dmg. Do we need to discuss that? ;) Use Deltro's Cage for more shock PLs (although a Brigandine or Scale Armor might look more like Thor's orginal outfit, but whatever). And for Odin's sake: he MUST wear the Helm of the Falcon. Seriously! Eat some Asgardian Lobster in order to keep your wits and you're good to go. 

Hawkeye: doesn't he need to be an Arcane Archer? I mean exploding arrows and arrwos with strings attached and arrows which hit several enemies with one shot and stuff. Just pretend that animal companion followed him from his farm. ;)

Hulk could be a Berserker/Transmuter. That way you can have brains/science stuff (wizard) and smash (berserker) as well as the Ogre form. Has to wear the dancer outfit obviously. ;) Use Llengrath's Safeguard, Blooded and fitting "gets better when health drops" stuff to emulate "getting stronger when angered". Also on kill he will become faster and skip recovery - which makes lots of sense especially for a trasmuted Ogre ('cause his recovery penalty sucks so much). Zandethu's Draconic Fury, paired with Barbaric Smash and Ogre fists and Blood Thirst is nothing to laugh about... Or maybe Black Jacket/Berserker with potion of Form of the Fearsome Brute as Kaylon said. Black Jacket because Hulk always grabs some random stuff and hits enemies with it. Cars, street lanterns, Lokis - you name it. Or use SC Berserker with potion and copy Ring of Reset with an exported char. Then you can have 3 knockouts and revives without injury per encounter. Use Vengeful Defeat. Dazing Shout, Heart of Fury. This could be fun to watch. Ogre's fists with Barbaric Retaliation and Vengeful Defeat might be something... 

Edit: just realized that a Transmuter can't cast Draconic Fury and all the otjher nice Enchanting spells like Safeguard. Oh well... skip Transmuter then. Those spell restrictions are really stupid. :(

Iron Man could be a Sage with Missiles and stuff and the Long Pain. Bounding Boots, right? :) Uh - I just realize that I never tried an Essential Phantom with the Long Pain... hold my beer!

before I go: we also must think about Dr. Doom with the Cowl of the Piercing Gaze. Really! 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

39 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

By the way: the Long Pain really sucks on a Phantom. It has no Transcendent Suffering and so the Long Pain doesn't scale at all. 😄

If suffering really was an illusion, you’d think such a phantom would be filled to the brim with it. I guess that counts as a firm refutation of Buddhism as far as Eora is concerned. 

On 9/11/2019 at 8:59 AM, Boeroer said:

Captain America could use Nerian's Ward and wear Hearth Defender's Scale. They look great together and the enchantmens fit the theme. They are not blue and white though. Nomad's Brigandine with a padded cap would be an option if you are looking for that blue/while color scheme instead. Bronlar's Phalanx would also be a good fit - albeit a tad too big maybe. Captain America's fighting style is like fist + bashing shield, true. But I don't know if the Monk theme fits too well. Tuotilo's Palm is also a bit small. Cpt. America is a soldier. So for me he would need to be a SC Fighter. Devoted (medium shield) would make total sense if it would do anything... But Unbroken is also a good fit. Protecting allies, getting back up again and again. Highest Resolve... and Monastic Unarmed Training. It's not bad at all if you stack enough Power Levels (Tactical Barrage + Prestige and Stone of Power already give you an additional fist scaling level). I could also settle for Unbroken/Shieldbearer Crusader.

Thor must be part Fury. Berserker/Fury might be best for his storm spells. It would make his storm spells penetrate like crazy (+4 PEN) if he also took Heart of the Storm - which he obviously has to. Of course he would pick Lord Darryn's Voulge as Stormbreaker. That thing does indeed "break" storms in Deadfire (sail into a storm at seee what happens) and it gives you +3 PL to... storms. Huh? How fitting. also Pollaxes are hammers/axes combined like Stormbreaker. They do crush and slash dmg. Do we need to discuss that? ;) Use Deltro's Cage for more shock PLs (although a Brigandine or Scale Armor might look more like Thor's orginal outfit, but whatever). And for Odin's sake: he MUST wear the Helm of the Falcon. Seriously! Eat some Asgardian Lobster in order to keep your wits and you're good to go. 

Hawkeye: doesn't he need to be an Arcane Archer? I mean exploding arrows and arrwos with strings attached and arrows which hit several enemies with one shot and stuff. Just pretend that animal companion followed him from his farm. ;)

Hulk could be a Berserker/Transmuter. That way you can have brains/science stuff (wizard) and smash (berserker) as well as the Ogre form. Has to wear the dancer outfit obviously. ;) Use Llengrath's Safeguard, Blooded and fitting "gets better when health drops" stuff to emulate "getting stronger when angered". Also on kill he will become faster and skip recovery - which makes lots of sense especially for a trasmuted Ogre ('cause his recovery penalty sucks so much). Zandethu's Draconic Fury, paired with Barbaric Smash and Ogre fists and Blood Thirst is nothing to laugh about... Or maybe Black Jacket/Berserker with potion of Form of the Fearsome Brute as Kaylon said. Black Jacket because Hulk always grabs some random stuff and hits enemies with it. Cars, street lanterns, Lokis - you name it. Or use SC Berserker with potion and copy Ring of Reset with an exported char. Then you can have 3 knockouts and revives without injury per encounter. Use Vengeful Defeat. Dazing Shout, Heart of Fury. This could be fun to watch. Ogre's fists with Barbaric Retaliation and Vengeful Defeat might be something... 

Edit: just realized that a Transmuter can't cast Draconic Fury and all the otjher nice Enchanting spells like Safeguard. Oh well... skip Transmuter then. Those spell restrictions are really stupid. :(

Iron Man could be a Sage with Missiles and stuff and the Long Pain. Bounding Boots, right? :) Uh - I just realize that I never tried an Essential Phantom with the Long Pain... hold my beer!

before I go: we also must think about Dr. Doom with the Cowl of the Piercing Gaze. Really! 

Awesome man, you even made them working builds !

• Thanks 1