Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

Digging through a lot of old stuff... and suffering several bad cases of nostalgia in the process. Dusting off my collection of old Joan Jett DVD's I put on my headset and just started blasting away at full volume. Found a youtube video of one of the tracks

edit: that should have read CD's, not DVD's... oops. Music videos on DVD's weren't really commonplace 20-30 years ago.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

joan jett is fantastic. am recalling a late 80s interview with her from some late night show and we thought she were from long island, 'cause she were talking 'bout ny as if it were her hometown, and she sounded like billy joel's little sister. has been a long time since we looked, but am pretty sure she is original from eastern pennsylvania and am knowing she went to high school in socal... or at least some o' her high school were socal. 

weird trivia, 'cause such is what we do. @Guard Dog referenced a movie not too long ago on these boards, the best of times. am recalling robin williams and kurt russell were s'posed taft high grads. joan jett attended taft high.

oh, and as proof o' the all posts is star trek posts, tony plana, who were in the best of times, was a maquis member in a couple ds9 episodes.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I had a HUGE crush on her in the '80's! 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I could listen to this man play all night. Sometimes do.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Back in nostalgia land... memories of the time at university. We were always late, always pulling one all-nighter after the other when (software) projects were due to be handed in. Somewhere in our beer fogged brains (because we could get beer on credit, but not food and we didn't have any money), we also got bombarded by the horribly distorted sounds from a little "ghetto blaster" playing old tapes at volumes it wasn't designed for. Mostly The Cult, Led Zeppelin and The B-52's. It was just awesome music to survive so many 24 hour work days on... 😇

Edit: and a second song

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Skazz said:

Low is the superior 1977 Bowie album. Fight me.

I somewhat like Low but I still am not finding in it what so many others are. "Warszawa" is a lovely track but the rest is sort of interesting but unmemorable to me. I feel "Heroes" not only has some absolutely killer and eternal tracks in it (title track of course, but also the likes of "Beauty and the Beast" and "Blackout"), but it also feels rawer and livelier when it is going for that rockier mood. Either way I think Eno outdoes both albums with Before and After Science, also somewhat in the style. 😄

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

A bit more from my favourite industrial band... made in Germany ;)

This is the case the song is based on: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

"The Fritzl case emerged in 2008, when a woman named Elisabeth Fritzl (born 6 April 1966) told police in the town of Amstetten, Austria, that she had been held captive for 24 years by her father, Josef Fritzl (born 9 April 1935). Fritzl had assaulted, sexually abused, and raped her numerous times during her imprisonment inside a concealed area in the basement of the family home.[1][2] The abuse by Elisabeth's father resulted in the birth of seven children:[3] three of them remained in captivity with their mother, one had died just days after birth at the hands of Josef Fritzl who disposed of his body in an incinerator,[4] and the other three were brought up by Fritzl and his wife, Rosemarie, having been reported as foundlings. "

Old skool dnb:

This is some of the earliest neurofunk I can remember, right at the point as it was evolving from Techstep.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks