Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

posted a few months past, but the rnc made relevant by stealing. we didn't realize at first as we immediate turned off our tv when the fireworks display started, but the rnc used this song as accompaniment. the cohen estate is suing.

am suspecting the rnc only considered that the word "hallelujah" would appeal to evangelicals. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Left Youtube running again.  It seems I went from the Mechwarrior 3 OST to Red Alert 3 to this group.

HInds are so pretty.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

saw mavis staple do the npr concert bit 'bout a decade past. she is so tiny. musta' been standing on a box at most concerts and for last waltz. such a big voice. amazing,

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

22 hours ago, Malcador said:

HInds are so pretty.

Jennifer Gray & C Thomas Howell might disagree!

Edited by Guard Dog
Autocorrect screwed up
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Jennifer Gray & C Thomas Howell might disagree!

Well, those were fake Hinds. That apparently were armed with AKs based on the effect the gunfire had on them 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

24 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Well, those were fake Hinds. That apparently were armed with AKs based on the effect the gunfire had on them 😛

True. The 20mm alone would have left almost nothing behind. Let alone the rockets

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 9/2/2020 at 5:34 PM, Malcador said:

Left Youtube running again.  It seems I went from the Mechwarrior 3 OST to Red Alert 3 to this group.

HInds are so pretty.

Sometimes the algorithm comes through;

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Just deviate a bit from my usual Rammstein... and now for something completely different

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guys here is an excellent advert for VW  cars, its old but brilliant ....listen to the song and how it aligns to the message of durability and longevity  around there cars 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, algroth said:

Been listening to a bunch of music these last few months. Been building up yearly charts with my favorite albums for every year since 1965. So far I've done 1965 thru 1975, working on 1976 right now. Here's how they're looking thus far...

Hunky Dory's on the list, so all is, well, hunky-dory. 👍

is curious how often this song gets subverted by the people fogerty were targeting

will concede our prefered ccr song is the following:

how a bunch o' bay area guys became inextricable linked with southern rock is curious and wonderful.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

I've never seen them together, but I've seen CCW and John Fogerty separately live. Ah, back in the good old days when live music was still an option ☣️

A band I never got to see was Metallica. I actually had no less than 3 tickets for their concert in Melbourne last year, but it got cancelled 1 frigging month before the concert because Hetfield needed to go back to rehab for his addiction problems... as for now, my attitude is **** Metallica, let me get to a Rammstein concert some day 😠

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

We have some Dream Theater haterz on this board. Y'all can suck an egg because this song is GOD-TIER:

Also, I won't go as far as god-tier, but this much more recent song is demigod-tier:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 9/10/2020 at 11:41 PM, Gromnir said:

- snip -

It always boggles my mind that CCR was a band for only 5 years. In that short time they produced an utterly LUDICROUS amount of super awesome songs. Shame on you Gromny for not including the best of the bunch (I keed they have so many amazing songs that the best one is super subjective... for real, though, Green River is the greatest):

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks