Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

On 7/26/2020 at 7:46 PM, Gromnir said:

HA! Good Fun!

Excellent song for sure. But if you listen to what's going on, in the first link Zappa's band is not playing what Vinnie explains in the second. In other words, for whatever reason Zappa has rearranged Keep It Greasy so that it's entirely in 4/4, as you can easily check if you listen to the first link. The complex and Mahavishnuish 19/16 and 21/16 times have all been dropped. The live version definitely works, but it just isn't what Vinnie explains.

Acoustic Rammstein. No less disturbing than the hard rock version...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Even better

Iran Maiden!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Youtube sometimes comes up with the weirdest suggestions... but I actually liked this one (even if completely unrelated to what I was searching for)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't ask me why but I love this kid and his "first time hearing/reaction" videos. Feels joyful or reminds me of me listening to such tunes way back when  The more recent ones include his brother as well.  I spent a whole afternoon going through a lot of them, getting to listen to some old fave songs and grin at the reactions/head bopping/comments.  (actual music usually starts around 40 seconds to one minute in)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 8/20/2020 at 1:38 AM, Gorth said:

Youtube sometimes comes up with the weirdest suggestions... but I actually liked this one (even if completely unrelated to what I was searching for)

Its pretty good.  I always liked The Art of Noise's cover:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://www.handitv.com/stories/let-it-go-sung-entirely-in-klingon

Jen Usellis is a singer from Chicago, Illinois, known as the "Klingon Pop Warrior."
She's covered songs entirely in the Star Trek language, including Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On," Pat Benatar's "Love Is a Battlefield" and Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." But with Frozen 2 in the news, her winter-planet track has exploded in popularity.
The song, translated, is called "ylbuSQo."

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I know the guy is long dead and half an hour of drum solos is not everyones jar of vegemite, but the guy was an impressive drummer, not letting age getting in the way of his skill....

I'm so very torn on where to put this >_<

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Just one of those oddities I run across sometimes. At first I didn't like it, but then I went back and listened a couple more times. Not sure exactly what it would classify as (it sort of changes pace and character 4 minutes in). Made in Japan?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

Just one of those oddities I run across sometimes. At first I didn't like it, but then I went back and listened a couple more times. Not sure exactly what it would classify as (it sort of changes pace and character 4 minutes in). Made in Japan?

Wagakki band are great, I love 'em - Japanese Folk rock ❤️

Edited by Azdeus
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

@Gorth The fusion of traditional instruments and metal was certainly interesting. Not too big on the vocals, but still a decent listen.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Like 2